ADVERTISEMENT

Any computer literate guys here? Also a gubment rant.

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
I have to register my video lottery machines with the department of justice every year and I struggled to get it done online this year, which is the only way they accept the reregistration. The forms sent in an email by the DOJ wouldn’t load and kept saying I needed to update my Adobe Reader. When I pulled up my Adobe and checked for updates on my Mac it said that I had the latest version. When I went to the Adobe web page it was trying to get me to buy a subscription.

Well…I finally got the forms up by pulling them up from my Adobe Reader app and searching for the file for the form from there. I filled it out and was sending it oracle.grs@usdoj.gov and it said don’t send the file in pdf format…which is the format of the form it came in from the DOJ. So now I had to convert it to the format that they did accept…html. So I converted it to HTML and attached the completed form to the web address and sent it. But when I go to “sent mail“ and pull up the attachment and look at what I sent, it looks like a bunch of coded gibberish.

Is that what html format is supposed to look like? When it told me that I needed to convert to html it said this was in order to be both computer and human read. I have no clue if that’s a normal thing for html. Anyway…surely this could be made simpler. I’m telling you that the vast majority of people couldn’t pull this simple form filing off. I‘m not the most adept person at this stuff but no way online form filing should be this damn complicated.

I have to register my video lottery machines with the department of justice every year and I struggled to get it done online this year, which is the only way they accept the reregistration. The forms sent in an email by the DOJ wouldn’t load and kept saying I needed to update my Adobe Reader. When I pulled up my Adobe and checked for updates on my Mac it said that I had the latest version. When I went to the Adobe web page it was trying to get me to buy a subscription.

Well…I finally got the forms up by pulling them up from my Adobe Reader app and searching for the file for the form from there. I filled it out and was sending it oracle.grs@usdoj.gov and it said don’t send the file in pdf format…which is the format of the form it came in from the DOJ. So now I had to convert it to the format that they did accept…html. So I converted it to HTML and attached the completed form to the web address and sent it. But when I go to “sent mail“ and pull up the attachment and look at what I sent, it looks like a bunch of coded gibberish.

Is that what html format is supposed to look like? When it told me that I needed to convert to html it said this was in order to be both computer and human read. I have no clue if that’s a normal thing for html. Anyway…surely this could be made simpler. I’m telling you that the vast majority of people couldn’t pull this simple form filing off. I‘m not the most adept person at this stuff but no way online form filing should be this damn complicated.
Agreed. I had some work done and financed if through Wells Fargo. They sent me a paper statement and encouraged me to sign up for on-line billing and payment. It only took about 30-45 minutes to complete the process. Totally insane.

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT