ADVERTISEMENT

Bad News For Herdman

Just heard about that truck’s towing issues. I expected some decrease in performance but that is surprising

People must really want a smaller, cheaper truck. Ford has announced that orders for the 2023 Maverick have already sold out.
Those giant trucks are just so expensive and so bad on gas. Visibility over those massive hoods is awful. I’d run over some neighbor kid.

I don’t have a boat to tow but I like to do yard work and my wife has a part time job where she needs to use an SUV trunk or van . So a mini truck might be good for our family.

I want one of those small Tacomas . Like a 96 Tacoma with Apple car play.
I ordered a new Canyon AT4X that is supposed to be here in February, but if it has auto start/stop that I have to disable every time I start it I’m not taking it. I like the mid-sized trucks.

I think everything I buy going forward will be restomod from the ‘70s-90s. Once the economy crashes and car prices plummet I’m going to buy a fleet of older cars to restore. New cars are absolute garbage.

I ordered a new Canyon AT4X that is supposed to be here in February, but if it has auto start/stop that I have to disable every time I start it I’m not taking it. I like the mid-sized trucks.

I think everything I buy going forward will be restomod from the ‘70s-90s. Once the economy crashes and car prices plummet I’m going to buy a fleet of older cars to restore. New cars are absolute garbage.
I had a rental with that auto shut off when idling thing. I thought the car was breaking. Had no clue that was a thing. I hated it.

I like those mavericks
john-mccain-and-sarah-palin-mavericks-more-than-a-slogan-heather-grey-t-shirt-7.gif

• Wow
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I had a rental with that auto shut off when idling thing. I thought the car was breaking. Had no clue that was a thing. I hated it.

In Maui we rented a smaller sized SUV. It was a Jeep but I don't recall specific model, maybe the Compass?

It was a complete, underpowered turd and would shut off as soon as you came to a stop. Luckily, I still had the option to disable that function, but it defaults back to that mode the next time you start it.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I'm not against EV's, in fact, I hope Tesla's new Roadster makes it into production just because that thing looks sick. Not getting my hopes but if they can deliver 0-60 in 1.9, that's effing ridiculous.

2023-tesla-roadster-carbuzz-847784.jpg

All that said, if these trucks are having these kinds of issues with towing efficiency, are Tesla's rigs really going to be able to deliver on their efficiency promises?

I'm not against EV's, in fact, I hope Tesla's new Roadster makes it into production just because that thing looks sick. Not getting my hopes but if they can deliver 0-60 in 1.9, that's effing ridiculous.

2023-tesla-roadster-carbuzz-847784.jpg

All that said, if these trucks are having these kinds of issues with towing efficiency, are Tesla's rigs really going to be able to deliver on their efficiency promises?
The model s plaid already does 0-60 in 1.9

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT