ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Herd walks in the tying run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out, but wins 6-4 in 12 over Louisiana Tech. Will play the winner of Southern Miss (we were swept in the regular season) and Rice (we swept them). Tomorrow about 5 ET.

What has happened to Rice? They used to own this league in baseball.

Herd walks in the tying run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out, but wins 6-4 in 12 over Louisiana Tech. Will play the winner of Southern Miss (we were swept in the regular season) and Rice (we swept them). Tomorrow about 5 ET.

For years, going back to the ole SW conference I believe, Rice had a successful, long time coach. Don't believe he is still there and whoever has followed him, coach or coaches, has obviously not sustained their success as much.

For years, going back to the ole SW conference I believe, Rice had a successful, long time coach. Don't believe he is still there and whoever has followed him, coach or coaches, has obviously not sustained their success as much.

Wayne Graham. He left Rice after the 2018 season but it seems their current slide started during his last few seasons. Rice last made the CWS in 2008, only advanced to the Super Regionals twice from 2009 to 2018 and he didn't have a 40 win season in his last 4 at Rice. In fact, his win totals went down every year of those last 4 seasons, including a sub. 500 2018 season.

Gotta give the new coach more than one season to get things back to normal at Rice.

Wayne Graham retired. That is what happened to Rice. No more players like Anthony Rendon wearing Rice uniforms

The university administration may not afford the new coach the luxury of loading up players at San Jacinto CC in an attempt to get them eligible for admission to Rice.
Vanderbilt bought their storage school when they took over bankrupt Peabody and made it the place where most of their revenue athletes matriculate for majors that aren’t really up to Vandy proper standards.

I remember some years ago I believe Rice was number one and were playing Marshall in Charleston. Before the game when they lined up the Rice players were all a head taller. How much does height effect playing baseball?

Wayne Graham retired. That is what happened to Rice. No more players like Anthony Rendon wearing Rice uniforms

See my post above. Their current slide, if you can call it that, started during his last 4 seasons as head coach. Perhaps there are other factors involved, like what Greenduke mentioned about San Jacinto CC.

Rice eliminates Louisiana Tech in the losers' bracket. And awaits the loser of MU-USM, winner of that game will play the winner of MU-USM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT