ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Staff

He was to busy getting his team ready for NCAA tournament

Even if he was there, he couldn't waddle up the steps. If there wasn't an escalator or elevator, he wouldn't even be able to get into the event. Might just have to sit at home listening to the game on the radio wearing a moomoo and stuffing his face with Cheetos.

Herdmeister and/or Chris. Hope you guys will provide some updates on the games you see, particularly on some MU recruits. I note that West had a solid game last night for Notre Dame: 16 or 17 points, 9 rebs. and 9 assts. Do you guys think he is a legit 5'11" as he is listed? Also, how does Dillion from MIngo Central look? They were romping tonight.

Finally, interested in your opinions about the younger Dawson player from HHS. A legit D-1 player? Any interest from MU, and visa versa? And other players at the tourney who jump out/stand out that MU may be, or should be, recruiting?

Thanks in advance!! Enjoy the tourney!!

Herdmeister and/or Chris. Hope you guys will provide some updates on the games you see, particularly on some MU recruits. I note that West had a solid game last night for Notre Dame: 16 or 17 points, 9 rebs. and 9 assts. Do you guys think he is a legit 5'11" as he is listed? Also, how does Dillion from MIngo Central look? They were romping tonight.

Finally, interested in your opinions about the younger Dawson player from HHS. A legit D-1 player? Any interest from MU, and visa versa? And other players at the tourney who jump out/stand out that MU may be, or should be, recruiting?

Thanks in advance!! Enjoy the tourney!!
I only saw Wed and Thurs games. Loved Dillon and West. I know that MU is looking at a Soph and Junior from Capital.

Yes, those slimy SOBs from up north won another one. I'll be they'll kick Gonzaga's ass! Chuggins will be national coach of the year, but won't be able to waddle up to the podium to claim his trophy... I've already decided on the title of my next post: EOTL,A!

Reactions: 19MU88
Building a team based on WV talent will not get Marshall to the next level. Kids like Adrian, Pittsnoggle, Patrick Patterson, and OJ Mayo are few and far between.

Building a team based on WV talent will not get Marshall to the next level. Kids like Adrian, Pittsnoggle, Patrick Patterson, and OJ Mayo are few and far between.
Pittsnoggle wasn't as good as Mark Patton. No way he would have fit Danny's system. I have only seen the Adrian kid play a time or two against us and he was nothing special in either of those games.

Adrian is not an NBA prospect nor is he their most talented player. But in my opinion he is their most important player. He triggers the defense, does a lot of little things and keeps order amid chaos.

Adrian is not an NBA prospect nor is he their most talented player. But in my opinion he is their most important player. He triggers the defense, does a lot of little things and keeps order amid chaos.

Yeah, you have to give Adrian props. He originally thought he would play guard for the EERS coming out of HS. Obviously worked on his game diligently since starting in school and definitely did a yeoman's job in the weight room. Would love to see Peneva and a couple of our frontcourt players do the same in this off season! Have to agree with CBS post game commenter, Sir Charles Barkley, who said that Adrian was the glue that kept the Mountaineers together on the floor. Only had 3 points but did a lot of little hustle things that were big in the victory.

You should watch more basketball then. Every team needs an Adrian.
I think he's talking about from just a pure skill level. Adrian, coming out of HS, was nothing special. He's developed into a very nice player, but during his freshman & sophomore seasons at wvu, I heard A LOT of wvu fans talking crap about him being a wasted scholarship. Serious props to him, but I think the point is that there's a lot of WV kids who can do what he's done if given an opportunity. To list Pittsnogle & Adrian with Mayo & Patterson & say that kind of talent is few & far between is funny. Mayo & Patterson, yes. The other two is actually quite common.

Elmore, Browning, CJ Burks, Rondale Watson, Levi Cook, Dikembe Dixson, Pierria Henry, Chase Fieler, Chase Fisher, Tyquan Goard, Dante Grantham, Adrain, & Harler are some D1 WV recruits in recent years...and there's probably some I'm forgetting.

The state is producing Chase Johnson (Florida), Jarrod West (Marshall), Luke Frampton (Davidson), and Brandon Knapper (wvu) will added to that list this year. Next year there will be another 3-4 added to the list...and the year after that. The thought that there isn't legit D1 basketball talent in WV is stupid. The guard play in WV is pretty good and there's usually a 6'7-6'8 player every 2-3 years.

Last edited:
I think he's talking about from just a pure skill level. Adrian, coming out of HS, was nothing special. He's developed into a very nice player, but during his freshman & sophomore seasons at wvu, I heard A LOT of wvu fans talking crap about him being a wasted scholarship. Serious props to him, but I think the point is that there's a lot of WV kids who can do what he's done if given an opportunity. To list Pittsnogle & Adrian with Mayo & Patterson & say that kind of talent is few & far between is funny. Mayo & Patterson, yes. The other two is actually quite common.

Elmore, Browning, CJ Burks, Rondale Watson, Levi Cook, Dikembe Dixson, Pierria Henry, Chase Fieler, Chase Fisher, Tyquan Goard, Dante Grantham, Adrain, & Harler are some D1 WV recruits in recent years...and there's probably some I'm forgetting.

The state is producing Chase Johnson (Florida), Jarrod West (Marshall), Luke Frampton (Davidson), and Brandon Knapper (wvu) will added to that list this year. Next year there will be another 3-4 added to the list...and the year after that. The thought that there isn't legit D1 basketball talent in WV is stupid. The guard play in WV is pretty good and there's usually a 6'7-6'8 player every 2-3 years.

MU's Bledsoe from Wheeling Park and the Cuffee kid who played with Frampton at Poca until this year come to mind. Cuffee slated to play at Liberty U. the last I heard.

A few others....Dunn Martin (Akron), Greely (Campbell), Gilkerson (VMI), and I'm sure they are a few more.

Pittsnoggle wasn't as good as Mark Patton. No way he would have fit Danny's system. I have only seen the Adrian kid play a time or two against us and he was nothing special in either of those games.
LOL, you do know Pittsnoggle ended his career third all time leading scoring in WVU just behind two NBA players. Also, Pittsnoggle would have been a perfect fit for Dan because he shoots the threes

Grantham kid will end up being a four yr starter at Clemson and 1000 pt scorer

You've lost your mind.
AllEers6 is mistaken; Pittsnogle is 8th on WVU's all-time scoring list (not 3rd). Patton and Pittsnogle represent two solid careers. Statistically, Pittsnogle has the edge in most categories:

Career Points
Patton..............1053
Pittsnogle.........1708

Rebounds
Patton.............650
Pittsnogle........563

Assists
Patton.............81
Pittsnogle......121

3-point shooting
Patton..........35/125.....28.0%
Pittsnogle...254/615.....41.1%

Ft shooting
Patton............75.4%
Pittsnogle.......81.6%

The two were pretty even in blocks, steals, and TOs.

As seniors:
Patton..........14.9 pts/gm.......6.6 reb/gm..........3rd Team All-CUSA
Pittsnogle.....19.3 pts/gm.......5.5 reb/gm.........1st Team All-Big East

AllEers6 is mistaken; Pittsnogle is 8th on WVU's all-time scoring list (not 3rd). Patton and Pittsnogle represent two solid careers. Statistically, Pittsnogle has the edge in most categories:

Career Points
Patton..............1053
Pittsnogle.........1708

Rebounds
Patton.............650
Pittsnogle........563

Assists
Patton.............81
Pittsnogle......121

3-point shooting
Patton..........35/125.....28.0%
Pittsnogle...254/615.....41.1%

Ft shooting
Patton............75.4%
Pittsnogle.......81.6%

The two were pretty even in blocks, steals, and TOs.

As seniors:
Patton..........14.9 pts/gm.......6.6 reb/gm..........3rd Team All-CUSA
Pittsnogle.....19.3 pts/gm.......5.5 reb/gm.........1st Team All-Big East
They are completely different players that shouldn't really be compared, but there is no doubt Pittsnoggle was a better player than Patton. I wonder if they are mixing up JR VanHoose in their minds with Patton, who was really only above decent his senior year.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Have we, indeed, hired Corny Jackson? New info about coaches and players seems to have died about Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT