ADVERTISEMENT

Bearkittens

PullmanFinger

Green Buffalo
Aug 25, 2017
If we want to get respect in the polls this week we need to dominate this game. The fact that vegas has us an underdog about sums up the love we don't get right there..

Kick the tires and light the fires. I'm pumped

We aren't gonna get anything from the polls if we do win.. we beat Miami and Kent state.. and lost to NC state . Now if we'd had beaten NC state it might be different. Think about it , it took until week 11 or 12 til we got into the top 25 and then we had a shootout with WKU oh well I just hope we win and leave Cincinnati HAPPY!

We aren't gonna get anything from the polls if we do win.. we beat Miami and Kent state.. and lost to NC state . Now if we'd had beaten NC state it might be different. Think about it , it took until week 11 or 12 til we got into the top 25 and then we had a shootout with WKU oh well I just hope we win and leave Cincinnati HAPPY!

NC state creamed Florida state and we held our own with them. I'd like to crush Cincinnati

According to CBSS CFB we have #75 Marshall vs #80 Cincinnati with UC favored (probably only because they are home and our road record is poor).

Reactions: pdbailey
Not concerned about rankings, they won't give us the time of day. All I want is "W" and a smile on my face on the way home from Cincy

Well I hope you're smiling at least. We just scratched their eyes out. Bearkittens roar just for reduced to a purr.

If we want to get respect in the polls this week we need to dominate this game. The fact that vegas has us an underdog about sums up the love we don't get right there..

Kick the tires and light the fires. I'm pumped
Vegas simply puts a line out there. The bettors then decide the final line.

Reactions: ToesMU
If we run the table the rest of the season we might, and I mean might, crack the Top-25. NC State is looking more and more legit (so that helps), and as the preseason ranked teams start to fall out like LSU, Florida State and Tennessee, some space will open up. The real problem is our overall conference strength other than a few teams is really bad. You're not gonna gain any votes by beating a UNC Charlotte, and if you don't beat them like a FCS homecoming opponent you'll probably lose votes. The lack of TV exposure really hurts as well. As of right now the MTSU game on ESPN2 on a Friday night of all things, is our best chance at any kind of national exposure.

It doesn't matter if we get ranked or not. After last year and the Snyder years, we sometimes get caught up in the popularity contest when doing well. Our tv has gone back to the ole mac days, out of our control. If we win out and don't get ranked, I honestly wouldn't care, we know how bias all that crap is so why sweat it?

one thing we all need to adjust to is new media reality: weekly tv just ain’t gonna be there anymore, and digital is the new norm.....all our media efforts need to be built around digital, and we should leverage our intuit connections to become the next digital sports innovator

Even sitting at 3-1 currently, there are some sites that are still excluding Marshall from a bowl bid, let alone any sniff at the polls.

Right, which is dumb. Miami and Cincy are compared to the upper half of CUSA. They must think we can't squeeze 3 more wins from charlotte etc.........

one thing we all need to adjust to is new media reality: weekly tv just ain’t gonna be there anymore, and digital is the new norm.....
My family watched the game at Fat Patty's - on a Kindle Fire. It was actually pretty fun, and then we had the second half in the car on the way home (we live in Charleston), running the Kindle off a tethered cel signal, while hooked up to a small portable battery. I feel like modern technology is the bees knees once you adapt to it.

F--- yeah I said bees knees.

My family watched the game at Fat Patty's - on a Kindle Fire. It was actually pretty fun, and then we had the second half in the car on the way home (we live in Charleston), running the Kindle off a tethered cel signal, while hooked up to a small portable battery. I feel like modern technology is the bees knees once you adapt to it.

F--- yeah I said bees knees.
Fat pattys is Phat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT