ADVERTISEMENT

Being Objective. Can anyone say that...

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
Given Doc's track record with recruiting QBs that Grant Wells, Maurice Underwood, or Eli Sammons won't be just more of the same. Save for Cato (and I will also give him Blake) our QBs have been pretty flawed and I was a big Litton fan.

I don't know if it's the recruiting/scouting of these guys or the coaching.

Willy Korn - busted shoulder
Eddie Sullivan - captain check down, transferred
Tanner Owens - walk-on
Rakeem Cato - All-time great
Blake Frohnapfel - seemed to have the tools and potential to have a big year had he stayed., transferred
Gunnar Holcombe - appeared to have talent then nose dived and transferred
Kevin Anderson - just wasn't an FBS caliber QB. Couldn't get above 4th string here., transferred
Chase Litton - ton of potential, never really took that next step, left 1 year early
Cole Garvin - bust, transferred.
Michael Birdsong - about average, time as starter cut short due to injury, transferred
Kyle Gallup - camp arm, transferred
Coy Pettit - walk-on
Xavier Gaines - moved to TE
Garret Morrell - started a few games and then moved to TE
Jackson White - plays as holder
Deshaun Philips - walk-on, raw, discovered by fans, transferred
Isaiah Green - time will tell, but right now seems to not be the answer
Alex Thomson - grad transfer that is now sitting the bench because Green beat him out.
Christian Shaw - walk-on
Luke Zban - walk-on
Grant Wells
Maurice Underwood

I know I probably left out a guy or two, but just look at these QBs. Only one guy was a stud? I know you can pretty much cancel out 2011-2014 because Cato was the man and no one was supplanting him, but that's a pretty long list of guys who never really amounted to much. Except for Cato, Blake who left, Anderson who had a decent career at the FCS level, and Litton.

It seems that every year we bring in guys who everyone is excited about like a Holcomeb, Garvin, Morrell, Green, and then they wash out.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News