ADVERTISEMENT

Beyers

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Hey tell us again how great this kid is? Oh back at the open tryout he’s great, best shooter on the team. So why the hell isnt the best shooter on the team playing? Oh yeah I forgot. He has to learn the system. What system? We run up and down the court and shoot. What is there to learn. I think we got the basketball version of Thompson.

Reactions: herdinmichigan
Hey tell us again how great this kid is? Oh back at the open tryout he’s great, best shooter on the team. So why the hell isnt the best shooter on the team playing? Oh yeah I forgot. He has to learn the system. What system? We run up and down the court and shoot. What is there to learn. I think we got the basketball version of Thompson.
Aren't you the idiot that was lobbying for Everhart to be our HC?

Reactions: 19MU88
Gotta admit, I laughed at everyone saying he was going to play 30 minutes/game and steal PT from West, Williams and Watson all because he hit a bunch of threes in an open gym session.

If you can't see our system when watching them, then obviously you should be watching 1950's basketball or football.
FYI, just last night Danny said on his show that he was going to probabluy start using Beyers as a 5 to get us better underneath. The kid although 6-10 or so, is NOT a 5 but we need help there.
Tomorrow night you will see 6-4 Rondale Watson in the 5 spot.

If you can't see our system when watching them, then obviously you should be watching 1950's basketball or football.
FYI, just last night Danny said on his show that he was going to probabluy start using Beyers as a 5 to get us better underneath. The kid although 6-10 or so, is NOT a 5 but we need help there.
Rondale in the 5 spot ??? I can certainly see him in the starting line up, but no way Danny puts him in the 5.

Some moving around/experimenting definitely needs to happen. What we're currently doing is so discombobulated that we can't get into any flow. Sadly, I think Watson is a more effective 5 than Bennett is. I know Dambrot played small at Akron, so he probably does the same @Duquesne. Bennett is inefficient basketball and for every shot he alters when defending around the basket, he gives up 5 more by being out of position/not moving his feet when guarding outside the paint. He's got a ways to go. There's a role for him, but it just isn't with this team right now. Our bread & butter is guard oriented basketball and a lane clogger w/o defensive benefits isn't going to help us. We're going to need the 5 to be played by Sustic, Beyers, & possibly Watson to get some traction. Once we start getting some continuity, then Bennett can be implemented into small-stretch packages. But getting continuity needs to be the #1 goal right now. That has to come first.

Last edited:
Rondale in the 5 spot ??? I can certainly see him in the starting line up, but no way Danny puts him in the 5.
Well, obviously technically Jannson is there but watching them on defense yesterday, Rondale was in the middle a lot. Jannson would come in from the wing

Reactions: herdinatl
If you look at the plus/minus for when Bennett is in the game both our offense and defense are more efficient. He enables Elmore to get open 3 point looks with good screens. He clogs the middle on defense. When we go small we have zero interior defense. Bennett does get out of position at times but in my opinion he has no business guarding guys out at the 3 point line. We have no chance to be successful against any good team playing small with this years team. Last year Penava erased alot of our defensive mistakes with his shot blocking abilities. I would like to see a zone with Bennett in the middle. This would help to keep him out of foul trouble..

Meister there is no “system” in Marshall basketball offense. You may be the one who needs to step back from all practice sessions and tryouts and believing all you see.

Meister there is no “system” in Marshall basketball offense. You may be the one who needs to step back from all practice sessions and tryouts and believing all you see.
What are you talking about? Its going to take some time for this team to come together. Relax

BB is so happy to see to us lose a couple of games. You’ll have to excuse him. He’s been saving this up since March. Your personal dislike and constant attacks on Danny discredit your opinion.

No it’s his idiotic comments that discredit him

Reactions: pdbailey
Beyers can adapt to the 5. It’s better to do it now than later. Then have Bennett come off the bench.

Reactions: 19MU88
Beyers can adapt to the 5. It’s better to do it now than later. Then have Bennett come off the bench.
We have never had string interior D. If Beyers can defend a little and learn offense, he could be a problem for opossing teams to match up and guard

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Hell all you guys need jobs as assistant coaches to DD then I might not complain so much! Some of you need to take off your green glasses and take another unbiased view. I’m just as much a fan as the rest of you but what I see is not always what many of you see but that’s ok. I have as much right to continue posting what I think as the rest of you. You don’t like my view that’s fine. We all have our opinions and the right to disagree. It is a message board.

Hell all you guys need jobs as assistant coaches to DD then I might not complain so much! Some of you need to take off your green glasses and take another unbiased view. I’m just as much a fan as the rest of you but what I see is not always what many of you see but that’s ok. I have as much right to continue posting what I think as the rest of you. You don’t like my view that’s fine. We all have our opinions and the right to disagree. It is a message board.

Congrats on the loss.

If the offense took care of ball at all and shot a little bit, some of you would be ok.

Have work to do for sure

Reactions: HerdFan2018
Sorry Random but congrats on a loss? I assume you think I’m happy Duquesne won. Not at all. However, I am very disappointed the way we are playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT