ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Promises to Relieve Federal Student Debt

Hell tie interest rates into majors. You want to major in 17th century gender queer studies your going to pay a higher interest rate. You want to major in something useful like healthcare your interest rate is lower
It's all so tiresome and convoluted. How about "if you borrow money, expect to pay it back."

I'm in favor of student loan borrowers having to make their case to lenders. Getting a degree in 21st Century Androgynous Non-Binary Literature? You better be able to make your case how you're going to monetize it.

These losers need a lesson in reality.

Hell tie interest rates into majors. You want to major in 17th century gender queer studies your going to pay a higher interest rate. You want to major in something useful like healthcare your interest rate is lower
tumblr_m08o200r661rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98

I'm OK with this, but as much as I think the academy is becoming more and more irredeemable, you can't put them 100% on the hook for the default. Some of that is one the student. So that's why I say the university pays 50% of the defaulted debt.

College costs have bloated due to a few major factors and if we have any chance of getting them under control this must be addressed:
1. Guaranteed loans. Colleges get paid for tuition from govt loans no matter what - they don't care if you default later on.
2. Administration bloat. Numbers of admins (non teaching...how many "vice provosts" and DEI officers has exploded).
3. Brick and mortar palaces that have legacy costs (you've got to light/heat/janitor services them) that get line items no your yearly budget. You don't need a palace as a dorm. You don't need a whole foods cafeteria. Due to #1, it became an arms race at colleges to have the nicest facilities.

Last edited:
I'm OK with this, but as much as I think the academy is becoming more and more irredeemable, you can't put them 100% on the hook for the default. Some of that is one the student. So that's why I say the university pays 50% of the defaulted debt.

College costs have bloated due to a few major factors and if we have any chance of getting them under control this must be addressed:
1. Guaranteed loans. Colleges get paid for tuition from govt loans no matter what - they don't care if you default later on.
2. Administration bloat. Numbers of admins (non teaching...how many "vice provosts" and DEI officers has exploded).
3. Brick and mortar palaces that have legacy costs (you've got to light/heat/janitor services them) that get line items. You don't need a palace as a dorm. You don't need a whole foods cafeteria. Due to #1, it became an arms race at colleges to have the nicest facilities.
Absolutely agree about splitting and sharing the burden. Good analysis on the other points.

On the default side, in the case of public institutions, the taxpayers still bear the brunt, either in state or federal monies.

3. Brick and mortar palaces that have legacy costs (you've got to light/heat/janitor services them) that get line items no your yearly budget. You don't need a palace as a dorm. You don't need a whole foods cafeteria. Due to #1, it became an arms race at colleges to have the nicest facilities.

Agree with all of this. However it is configured, everyone needs skin in the game. If a person is put in a position they can’t pay back their loans everyone needs a portion of that burden.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
If you get your student loans "forgiven", you should be obligated to do legit public service work (picking up trash, taking elderly citizens to their appointments, manual labor.)

Reactions: Jartard
you should be obligated to do legit public service work (picking up trash, taking elderly citizens to their appointments, manual labor.)
Sure thing.

Same goes for all businesses bailed out by the government due to the covid pandemic.

And for everyone making more than $250,000 per year that got the orange jesus tax cut, retroactive to Jan 1, 2017.

And for everyone that files bankruptcy.

To be fair, everyone should pitch in (or something.)
I mean, I’d know how much they cost ahead of time. Take out a loan that I’d agree to pay back, and then just say fvck it and hope the taxpayers cover what I wanted and agreed too.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Liberals pushing for something that will overwhelmingly benefit wealthy white people is so on brand for them. It's like the 'accidental racist' predicaments they find themselves in. This comes from the group who non-stopped screamed about the historical transfer of wealth the last 2 years.

I mean, I’d know how much they cost ahead of time. Take out a loan that I’d agree to pay back, and then just say fvck it and hope the taxpayers cover what I wanted and agreed too.
But, (and I can't stress this enough) the cabinet maker is an asshole, so fvck him and the bill he thinks you should pay.

• Haha
Imagine buying something like a nice set of kitchen cabinets and then never paying for them.
You mean like filing bankruptcy? Or as in a tax cut, where you just pay for the cabinet and get nothing in return??

Next will be let's build houses for everybody and cars.

Liberals are unrealistic

Last edited:
Not a problem under Greed's business operating prowess. He would just produce less cabinets overall, so he could sell future kitchens for a higher price to make up the difference.
That's it phlegmwad. I claim material and labor is costing me an extra 15% due to inflation and add another 10% on top and blame everyone for inconveniencing me because there's too much money in circulation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT