ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops

I think it's just that if you "buy in" to the thinking P5s are superior in every game that you may call him that.

If you think , hmmmm, Tennessee just about lost at home to App State, and Houston is thumping Oklahoma , and Marshall beat Purdue, maybe the reason P5s don't want to play good G5 programs is they may be exposed for what they are....

Yeah he's not a great coach , but Houston is a great G5 team right now. I'd give props to Houston.

This type of game is what makes college football great, and the NCAA, the P5s and ESPN want to kill it.

^^^^ You're taking this way to seriously. No affront to "G5" intended, I'm just not very sensitive about the split.

Reactions: herd2believe
this Houston team would beat Marshall by 4 TD's... (and I haven't even seen us play)

Reactions: Marine03
Every single year I say Bob Stoops is crazy overrated & damn near every time he proves me right. So many writers were talking about how good OU was supposed to be this year I thought I was missing something - & I picked them to cover. Thanks again, Bob.

Houston has now won 4 straight against P5 opponents.

#3 Choklahoma 2016
#9 FSU (Peach Bowl) 2015
@Louisville 2015
Pitt (Armed Forces Bowl) 2014

they get Louisville at home Nov. 17.

and does Louisville have the hardest schedule in the nation or what?

Don't really think Purdue is comparable to Oklahoma or Tenn. right now

In NO way are they comparable. My point is this, some people want ALL games between P and G ended. That's a shame. We had our chests out after beating Purdue, it was a big game to Marshall.

Yes Houston would crush us now, even at home. So is Stoops a terrible coach ? I dunno, I think Houston G5 is just that good.

See my point?

Reactions: HerdFan73
You must be a mind reader, Fever. Impressed by Houston, but chalk up another one for Bob "blows another big game" Stoops. In fact, if his brother continues on his same path at UK, it may not be far off, or too much of an exaggeration, to say the Stoops boys may be the college football version of the "Herrion brothers" in college basketball!!

On a related matter, in the Big 12, has Stoops temporarily replaced WVU's Holgerson as the conference's top representative on the hot seat carousel?? Or at least until Chuckles Charlie Strong's team at Texas lays its next embarrassing egg!!!!!

Reactions: The Real SamC
The Sooners are the most overrated program in the modern era. Jmo

you must not get NBC and Notre Dame games where you live...

under Stoops (1999):
2 National Championship games (1 win)
9 Big 12 Championships
8 Big 12 South Champs
17 Bowl games (8-9)
3 Orange Bowls (1 win 1 loss 1 vacated USC win)
1 Rose Bowl win
2 Sugar Bowls (1 win)
3 Fiesta Bowls (1 win)

i would be on suicide watch too with that resume...................................

you must not get NBC and Notre Dame games where you live...

under Stoops (1999):
2 National Championship games (1 win)
9 Big 12 Championships
8 Big 12 South Champs
17 Bowl games (8-9)
3 Orange Bowls (1 win 1 loss 1 vacated USC win)
1 Rose Bowl win
2 Sugar Bowls (1 win)
3 Fiesta Bowls (1 win)

i would be on suicide watch too with that resume...................................
1- Notre Dame 2- Georgia

oh, forgot that he also has an overall 179-47 record (counting today)...

The reason why I hate when you say Bob Stoops is overrated is due to the fact it takes credit away from Houston. Houston beat Oklahomas butt today. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't trick plays, it wasn't coaching blunders, Houston was the better team.

Greenhouses post was spot on. The media in this country wants to create this huge chasm between P5 and good G5s that doesn't exist. The reason why the Perdue reference is relevant is because according to ESPN and the other media outlets in the country when a P5 plays a G5 the P5 should always be superior just by the pure reason they are in a power conference.

Also just an FYI can we please not say this team or that team would kill our team when we haven't even seen our team play yet this year. Nobody has a clue how good or bad we will be until we actually play so the idea that Houston would crush us is a little premature. Now it may play out that way once we see our team play but to make a statement like that on this board at this time isn't cool in my opinion.

The reason why I hate when you say Bob Stoops is overrated is due to the fact it takes credit away from Houston. Houston beat Oklahomas butt today. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't trick plays, it wasn't coaching blunders, Houston was the better team.

Greenhouses post was spot on. The media in this country wants to create this huge chasm between P5 and good G5s that doesn't exist. The reason why the Perdue reference is relevant is because according to ESPN and the other media outlets in the country when a P5 plays a G5 the P5 should always be superior just by the pure reason they are in a power conference.

Also just an FYI can we please not say this team or that team would kill our team when we haven't even seen our team play yet this year. Nobody has a clue how good or bad we will be until we actually play so the idea that Houston would crush us is a little premature. Now it may play out that way once we see our team play but to make a statement like that on this board at this time isn't cool in my opinion.

Media matter none... Vegas knows ways more. Vegas basically knew Marshall would beat Purdue. Marshall was better than Purdue then and better now. But the nation also knows that Purdue sucks for a P5 school. They haven't been relevant since drew brees. So the p5 G5 gap is only at the top of the P5. Teams like Purdue, Vandy, wake forest, Rutgers, Kansas are all WAY behind where good G5 schools are like Marshall. Vegas will show you that when they play. They media knows nothing

yea the 4 TD comment was harsh. it was mostly said tongue in cheek. i have no clue what our team will do this year. i do know that the Houston team i watched today (and against FSU last year for what that's worth) is a legit top 10 team. our history against top 10 teams isn't the best. that's where that came from.

as noted above, there were no huge coaching blunders, penalties, injuries, or mental errors that "gave" the game to the Coogs. they were just the better team. they got cute on the goal line with the read option or the score would have been more lopsided. now i'm torn between my hatred of them versus my hatred of the P5. it would be funny seeing a G5 school win it all in only the 3rd year of the "playoffs". would almost guarantee some kind of "emergency" review and expansion of the system to get more P5's in.

On a related matter, in the Big 12, has Stoops temporarily replaced WVU's Holgerson as the conference's top representative on the hot seat carousel?? Or at least until Chuckles Charlie Strong's team at Texas lays its next embarrassing egg!!!!!

My survey of what the fans are saying:

Those who are under the spell of ESPN are falling for the idea that Houston is a world beating team as it puffs up the ESPN/AAC conference. Much like Memphis, yes fanless Memphis, was last year for its ONE win.

Among the local Spamites and all Big 2, Little 8 fans around, this just PROVES how great an add Houston will be to the Little 10. Another suspension of disbelief needed to be a Spamite: Watching a league half made up of teams in mid-major leagues a few years ago = SEC, ACC, etc. Laughable.

The Spamites are 100% in the "usens in gonna win that there national champieeen ship" mode. Will remain there until they play an actual team later this year. This makes Drunkerson a "super genius" and the other typical spew.

As to the knowledgeable Oklahoma fans, they know what just happened and are not happy. But what can they do. There are so many automatic wins on the schedule, how do you run off a coach that wins 9 games?

My survey of what the fans are saying:

Those who are under the spell of ESPN are falling for the idea that Houston is a world beating team as it puffs up the ESPN/AAC conference. Much like Memphis, yes fanless Memphis, was last year for its ONE win.

Among the local Spamites and all Big 2, Little 8 fans around, this just PROVES how great an add Houston will be to the Little 10. Another suspension of disbelief needed to be a Spamite: Watching a league half made up of teams in mid-major leagues a few years ago = SEC, ACC, etc. Laughable.

The Spamites are 100% in the "usens in gonna win that there national champieeen ship" mode. Will remain there until they play an actual team later this year. This makes Drunkerson a "super genius" and the other typical spew.

As to the knowledgeable Oklahoma fans, they know what just happened and are not happy. But what can they do. There are so many automatic wins on the schedule, how do you run off a coach that wins 9 games?
Sam, uspam can show you how to run off a coach with nine wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT