ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Game Changes

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
The next five year "cycle" for bowl games starts in the 2020 season. Apparently three more bowl games to be added:

- Boston, played in Fenway Park, ACC-AAC.
- LA, played in Rams/Chargers new stadium, takes over the old Las Vegas Bowl match up of Pac 12-MWC.
- Myrtle Beach, rotation between CUSA, MAC, and SBC.

And changes to some old ones:

- Las Vegas, moves to the Raiders new stadium from the rathole UNLV stadium, and gets a better matchup, SEC rotating with Big 10 vs. Pac 12. (UNLV is also moving to the Raiders stadium.)
- Belk (Charlotte) gets the reverse rotation of Big 10 and SEC vs. ACC.
- Holiday (San Diego) becomes ACC vs. Pac 12.
- Gator (Jacksonville) becomes ACC vs. SEC.
- Music City (Nashville) becomes SEC vs Big 10.
- Outback (Tampa) becomes SEC vs. Big 10, unless a Big 10 team makes the Orange bowl, then ACC.
- Arizona, Sun Belt is out, replaced by MWC vs. MAC.

This brings the automatic slots to 11 for the ACC and SEC, 9 for the Big 10, 8 for the Pac 12, 7 for the Big 12, AAC and CUSA; 6 for the MAC and MWC, and 5 for the Sun Belt. Notre Dame, if it does not make a "New Year's Six" bowl, falls into the ACC mix. BYU and Army get taken care of automatically, the remaining independents, like conference teams in conferences with more 6-6 teams than bids, have to hope some other conference falls short. That is 65% of the division in bowls.

One change for this year, the Cure Bowl, the lowest of the three bowls played at rathole Camping World Stadium AKA the Tangerine Bowl, which is in the hood, moves to Orlando's soccer field, which is brand new and not.

One change for this year, the Cure Bowl, the lowest of the three bowls played at rathole Camping World Stadium AKA the Tangerine Bowl, which is in the hood, moves to Orlando's soccer field, which is brand new and not.

Like with most things, you're clueless on this.

Camping World had a $207 million renovation in 2014. It would be very hard to spend $207 million on a stadium and not make it suitable. Oh, and that stadium is also in the midst of an additional $60 million in renovations going on right now.

Camping World Stadium is a stadium far better than most college teams play in. And for your "in the hood" comment, most stadiums aren't built in high-rent areas due to lack of space and private investors getting better returns on that land making other things.

I just answered my question.....Brooks Stadium......home to Coastal Carolina Chanticleers will expand to 20,000 seats by the start of 2019 season. At least it should look full with only 20K seats!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I thought you hung out in MB with your cousins? No? Ever heard of Coastal Carolina University?

NO ONE LIVES IN MB any longer. Kathy & Dan reside in HUNTINGTON...Duh! Mike resides in Houston & Lewisburg, WV...Double Duh! Mark lives in the old Edgar Allen Poe home in St. Albans, WV...Triple DUH!

Mind your own darn business Ryan JERK Koobe.

BTW, our star baseball [pitcher, LF] & football player [linebacker] at Charlotte Christian KNIGHTS (JTK) will be playing both sports for the Chants next season. QUAD DUH!

20,000 seats is not a large venue to earn a Bowl Game!

HertdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: The Real SamC
I thought you hung out in MB with your cousins? No? Ever heard of Coastal Carolina University?

NO ONE LIVES IN MB any longer. Kathy & Dan reside in HUNTINGTON...Duh! Mike resides in Houston & Lewisburg, WV...Double Duh! Mark lives in the old Edgar Allen Poe home in St. Albans, WV...Triple DUH!

BTW, our star baseball [pitcher, LF] & football player [linebacker] at Charlotte Christian KNIGHTS (JTK) will be playing both sports for the Chants next season. QUAD DUH!

20,000 seats is not a large venue to earn a Bowl Game!

HertdZilla22 in Charlotte
They look like bad high school bleachers at that.

Thanks for the compliment. You know I never have to work another day in my life. I hang out with celebrities, bang top quality A list comedians like Kathy Griffin, have been responsible for several kids turning into NFL quarterback prospects, hang out at the Grammys with world class rappers, have Beyonce and Jaylo on speed dial, and best of all, my mom lets me drive her 2004 Nissan Maxima whenever I want. Did I mention I have several degrees from Cornell, Georgetown, and other tier 1 institutions?

Thanks for the compliment. You know I never have to work another day in my life. I hang out with celebrities, bang top quality A list comedians like Kathy Griffin, have been responsible for several kids turning into NFL quarterback prospects, hang out at the Grammys with world class rappers, have Beyonce and Jaylo on speed dial, and best of all, my mom lets me drive her 2004 Nissan Maxima whenever I want. Did I mention I have several degrees from Cornell, Georgetown, and other tier 1 institutions?

I was wondering why the hell that fat, bald, short, old, psychotic, convicted woman beater was mentioning me in this thread. Now, I understand it.

The next five year "cycle" for bowl games starts in the 2020 season. Apparently three more bowl games to be added:

- Boston, played in Fenway Park, ACC-AAC.
- LA, played in Rams/Chargers new stadium, takes over the old Las Vegas Bowl match up of Pac 12-MWC.
- Myrtle Beach, rotation between CUSA, MAC, and SBC.

And changes to some old ones:

- Las Vegas, moves to the Raiders new stadium from the rathole UNLV stadium, and gets a better matchup, SEC rotating with Big 10 vs. Pac 12. (UNLV is also moving to the Raiders stadium.)
- Belk (Charlotte) gets the reverse rotation of Big 10 and SEC vs. ACC.
- Holiday (San Diego) becomes ACC vs. Pac 12.
- Gator (Jacksonville) becomes ACC vs. SEC.
- Music City (Nashville) becomes SEC vs Big 10.
- Outback (Tampa) becomes SEC vs. Big 10, unless a Big 10 team makes the Orange bowl, then ACC.
- Arizona, Sun Belt is out, replaced by MWC vs. MAC.

This brings the automatic slots to 11 for the ACC and SEC, 9 for the Big 10, 8 for the Pac 12, 7 for the Big 12, AAC and CUSA; 6 for the MAC and MWC, and 5 for the Sun Belt. Notre Dame, if it does not make a "New Year's Six" bowl, falls into the ACC mix. BYU and Army get taken care of automatically, the remaining independents, like conference teams in conferences with more 6-6 teams than bids, have to hope some other conference falls short. That is 65% of the division in bowls.

Remember the days when professional soccer was played in football stadiums because there wasn't a demand for their own stadiums? Now we have football being played in purpose-built soccer stadiums.

While there is more to do in Boston than say Boise, how many fans will travel to Boston to watch a bowl game outside on a cold December Boston day? I'd rather see a 2nd bowl game in Vegas than another cold climate locale.

Also, can we finally get the Independence Bowl moved out of Shreveport already? It's Shreveport.

Brooks Stadium......home to Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

Which has teal colored astroturf. IMHO, all colors of astroturf other than green should be illegal.

However, with WV's relationship with the area, Marshall would probably be their first choice every time we are available.

Now we have football being played in purpose-built soccer stadiums.

Of course "soccer specific stadium" is a made up North American term for "small". If you used the phrase in a place where soccer was actually popular, the people there would look at you with puzzlement.

Really for the Cure Bowl, this is a good move, as the old Tangerine Bowl stadium is truly bad.

While there is more to do in Boston than say Boise, how many fans will travel to Boston to watch a bowl game outside on a cold December Boston day? I'd rather see a 2nd bowl game in Vegas than another cold climate locale.

I don't see the point of bowl games in cold weather cities. Bowl games are supposed to be a reward for the players and the fans. I also do not see the point of wedging a football field into a baseball park when there are multiple proper football stadiums within a few miles.

I am profiling YOU......2004 Nissan Maxima
& Kathy dumbass Griffin. That's all that needs to be known! You probably dress in dark or all black colors...kinda like "School Shooters 101."

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I am profiling YOU......2004 Nissan Maxima & Kathy dumbass Griffin. That's all that needs to be known! You probably dress in dark or all black colors...kinda like "School Shooters 101."

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Moron, you’re too dumb to realize why people are laughing at you, but you’re also too dumb to realize people even are laughing at you.

And should a convicted woman beater be claiming others have violent tendencies?

Moron, you’re too dumb to realize why people are laughing at you, but you’re also too dumb to realize people even are laughing at you.

And should a convicted woman beater be claiming others have violent tendencies?

And You Ryan Kobe
gets laughed at & ridiculed more than any poster on HN, and winner of "most hated poster award"...but, being a dumbass Yankee...you would not recognize that!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Zilla (if that is really you), Rifle....knock it off.

Wait: the convicted woman beater is too dumb to realize that a poster he thinks is me isn't really me, as a result he starts talking shit to me, another guy pretends to be me in order to take advantage of the convicted woman beater's stupidity to elicit more outrage from him, and you want to tell me to knock it off for responding to his unprovoked comments?

Watch it or else I will have to bring 'greed over here to put you in your place.

Vegas Bowl is going to grow and become a desirable game.

I'd rather stick my crank in a blender than visit Boston in December.

Vegas can easily handle a 2nd bowl game. So why not have one?

Also, putting a second bowl game back in San Diego makes too much sense. Maybe that can be the new location for the Independence Bowl?

Like with most things, you're clueless on this.

Camping World had a $207 million renovation in 2014. It would be very hard to spend $207 million on a stadium and not make it suitable. Oh, and that stadium is also in the midst of an additional $60 million in renovations going on right now.

Camping World Stadium is a stadium far better than most college teams play in. And for your "in the hood" comment, most stadiums aren't built in high-rent areas due to lack of space and private investors getting better returns on that land making other things.

In addition, the area around Camping World Stadium is undergoing rapid redevelopment and once the street construction is finished as well as that of I-4 downtown, it will be a very tourist friendly area.

Wait: the convicted woman beater is too dumb to realize that a poster he thinks is me isn't really me, as a result he starts talking shit to me, another guy pretends to be me in order to take advantage of the convicted woman beater's stupidity to elicit more outrage from him, and you want to tell me to knock it off for responding to his unprovoked comments?

Watch it or else I will have to bring 'greed over here to put you in your place.

Are you sure that is even him? :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT