ADVERTISEMENT

Boyscouts

Yes, because fireworks you see at a Disney are exactly like the amateur hour spectacles rednecks shoot off.

And all of those neighborhoods that don't exist around Disney sure are bothered by the fireworks they can't hear or see.

Apples vs. vinyl siding.

Now it's situational? This is rich. You claimed rednecks shoot off fireworks. Now when it happens in an environment you deem fit, it's normal people letting them off. What if Walt Disney had let off fireworks at his home? Would he have been a redneck at home but not at Magic Kingdom? Help me understand your logic (which will be impossible because there is none...you simply despise a certain sect of people).

Reactions: 19MU88
Another pet peeve of mine is the Oxford comma. I am a frequent user of it, and I mock those who don't use it on here because it causes confusion without it. Finally, the leading grammar manuals have now agreed that the Oxford comma is fine to use for clarity.

I'm going to write a book someday. Should the title be "Grammar, Goal Lines, and Girls" or "Punctuation, Punting, and Pussy?"

I'll ignore your silly use of the oxford commas, but the question mark should go outside the quotes after "pussy" unless the question mark is part of the title.

Edit: Here's the AP Style Guide on the use of punctuation around quotation marks. Periods and commas inside quotation marks; colons, semicolons, exclamation points and question marks outside (notice how my sentence flows much better without oxford comma).

http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2011/08/punctuating-around-quotation-marks.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 19MU88
It isn't much different than why cheeto's Muslim ban was illegal even though "it didn't ban all Muslims so it can't be a Muslim ban!"

Except that, unlike your terrible fireworks argument, this is absolutely situational. If I were a mayor, senator, governor, etc, I would not have the legal authority to ban travel from other countries. I would, however, have the absolute legal authority under the Constitution to do so if I were president. This is exactly why the Supreme Court sided in favor of Trump, which we all knew would happen. Liberal activist judges only slowed it down. So, once again, you're wrong.

Now it's situational? This is rich. You claimed rednecks shoot off fireworks. Now when it happens in an environment you deem fit, it's normal people letting them off. What if Walt Disney had let off fireworks at his home? Would he have been a redneck at home but not at Magic Kingdom? Help me understand your logic (which will be impossible because there is none...you simply despise a certain sect of people).

I completely agree with rifle here. Disney setting off fireworks on private property that is 40 square miles large isn't the same thing as Billy Bob shooting off bottle rockets in a neighborhood where houses are 20 feet apart. Fireworks are a nuisance and the people who set them off -- especially those who set them off past 10pm -- are inconsiderate assholes.

I completely agree with rifle here. Disney setting off fireworks on private property that is 40 square miles large isn't the same thing as Billy Bob shooting off bottle rockets in a neighborhood where houses are 20 feet apart. Fireworks are a nuisance and the people who set them off -- especially those who set them off past 10pm -- are inconsiderate assholes.

That wasn't his argument. His argument is that the act of setting off fireworks makes one a redneck. That's simply not true. Now, I agree that neighbors letting off fireworks is annoying and rude if done really late, but it's not simply a redneck act.

That wasn't his argument. His argument is that the act of setting off fireworks makes one a redneck. That's simply not true. Now, I agree that neighbors letting off fireworks is annoying and rude if done really late, but it's not simply a redneck act.

I would agree that it's not solely a redneck act, but it is an act of someone who can be archetyped. I think a disproportionate amount of rednecks enjoy setting off fireworks.

Reactions: herdfan06

Rednecks do set off fireworks. I never claimed that only rednecks set off fireworks, but I will say that the use of fireworks is disproportionately owed by rednecks.

Hell, I enjoy fireworks; probably more than the average person. Fireworks consist of far more than annoying, loud noises. I enjoy the visual of them and have no desire for the noise. Rednecks are intrigued by the process of making the loud noise- they aren't setting off pretty fireworks visually. They only care about the ones that make loud noises.

I'll ignore your silly use of the oxford commas,

Oxford commas don't make sentences any harder or less fluid to read. They are necessary to alleviate confusion in a list.

With the Oxford comma: "Murox won the lottery. He donated millions to the local whores, his mother, and his wife." This sentence clearly shows that you gave millions to the promiscuous ladies in the area while also giving millions to your mother and your wife.

Without the Oxford comma: "Murox won the lottery. He donated millions to the local whores, his mother and his wife." This sentence leads the reader to believe your mother and wife are the local whores.

With the Oxford comma: "I had dinner with Murox, a pedophile, and a dildo collector." This sentence clearly shows that I had a dinner party with three people; Murox, a pedo, and a dildo collector.

Without the Oxford comma: "I had dinner with Murox, a pedophile and dildo collector." This sentence leads the reader to believe that Murox is a pedo and dildo collector.

As I stated, the Oxford comma is extremely important in writing. Its use does not make anything sullied or harder to read.

but the question mark should go outside the quotes after "pussy" unless the question mark is part of the title.

True, but my second option for the title is posed as a question. The first option is quite clear ("Grammar, Goal Lines, and Girls") and doesn't cause confusion. The second option isn't as clear, as it is titled as if somebody were confused by it: "Punctuation, Punting, and Pussy?"

Don't try correcting me on something I originally corrected you on years ago. This and the incorrect formatting of an ellipsis were my corrections. Don't try taking credit for it beating me at my own game.

That wasn't his argument. His argument is that the act of setting off fireworks makes one a redneck.

I didn't make that argument, straw man. You and @andy4theherd must have been hanging out recently.

Shooting off fireworks is disproportionately done by rednecks. Not everyone who sets off a firework is a redneck.

Except that, unlike your terrible fireworks argument, this is absolutely situational. If I were a mayor, senator, governor, etc, I would not have the legal authority to ban travel from other countries. I would, however, have the absolute legal authority under the Constitution to do so if I were president. This is exactly why the Supreme Court sided in favor of Trump, which we all knew would happen. Liberal activist judges only slowed it down. So, once again, you're wrong.

Christ, this isn't even the same thing.

A town board passing a rezoning law to stop any religious building from being built on a piece of land is within their power. However, if they are doing it only to stop a mosque from being built and didn't pass similar rezoning laws when other religious were asking for approval to build on the site, it is wrong.

cheeto, to a certain extent, has the power to stop travel into the U.S. from people from certain countries. However, if he is only stopping travel from certain countries in order to stop people of a certain religion from entering the country, it is wrong.

It wasn't an issue if the town board or cheeto had the authority to do what they did. It was an issue if they violated other laws as the reason for their actions.

I completely understand the desire to blow shit up, especially because America. But I do get concerned about veterans w/PTSD & dogs.
It mames you wonder what all those ww2 vets did all those years? Lots of new studies now

The bombs we made would have blown his head off. We were down right stupid, I cant believe none of us died or lost a limb.
this is similar to what happened when the guy that worked for my gramps lit the mcgeyver bomb i made.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
It mames you wonder what all those ww2 vets did all those years? Lots of new studies now
When I was in college, I worked at a theater when Saving Private Ryan came out. There were a lot of older vets there who were overwhelmed by the film - so much so the VA put a table in our lobby to help anybody who was suffering anxiety. Opening weekend, there were a lot. A lot. Ever since then I've grown more aware of the concerns.

When I was in college, I worked at a theater when Saving Private Ryan came out. There were a lot of older vets there who were overwhelmed by the film - so much so the VA put a table in our lobby to help anybody who was suffering anxiety. Opening weekend, there were a lot. A lot. Ever since then I've grown more aware of the concerns.

Did they also have a room with an auditor and set of cans? Asking for another poster...

Reactions: alphasig1053
Rifle is a redneck. Most new yorkers would never visit pullman square unless you are a redneck. Redneck phrase---i shaved my shaft to make it look bigger. Redneck as hell. Fever claims rifle lives in. The country. It doesnt matter as long as mom and dad sent that money. Lol. Good guy he is

“I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful,” Trump said. “So there was — there was no mix.”
SCOUTS HONOR !!!

Except a source for the Scouts said this doesn't appear to have happened at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT