ADVERTISEMENT

Can we please....

Duh, neither Legg, and apparently the receivers, realize that the other receivers who don't get the pass HAVE TO BLOCK to make that play go!!!!!! Apparently the memo got lost among all the vast communications between coaching staff and team regarding our complex, intricate offense!!!!

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Exactly. When it's used right, and with at least one receiver blocking a d-back down the field, you actually surprise a man defense. However, it's our frigging go-to. Teams know us too well and have it sniffed out already. If a 60 year old woman who sits two seats down from me can yell "Well, here's another run up the middle for one yard" or "Screen!" With startling accuracy then somebody calling the plays sucks.

Reactions: Elkview
It is a good play when used sparingly. It can't be the cornerstone of the O.

I'll add it's good when your receivers can block. Our receivers..... Can't. And McManus benches 520 lbs yet can't break a tackle when he catches one of these. Why is he even wasting that much time in the weight room because it's literally benefitted him zero. Might as well just be out running routes and catching balls.

i only counted one time tonight -- for no gain, naturally.

Only one? Hell we killed two drives in a row with them. Five yards on first down one drive, about three on first the subsequent. Both times we got hit for a loss with bubbles on second downs. Putting us in third and long and we know how that's been going this year .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT