ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Playoff

Penn State really got the short end of the stick on this one , seriously "The" couldn't win the Big 10 but yet have an opportunity to play for the National Title??? GO CLEMSON.

It also sounds like the selection committee is really concerned about OOC strength of schedule. That will hurt G5 conference schools like Marshall going forward.

Speaking of G5 - Western Michigan (MAC...remember the MAC) is going to the Cotton Bowl vs Wisconsin , not too shabby

And the CUSA champion - Dec 20 ( wow ) in Boca Raton vs Memphis - nothing like CUSA playing former CUSA - bet the ratings will go through the roof for this one.

Speaking of G5 - Western Michigan (MAC...remember the MAC) is going to the Cotton Bowl vs Wisconsin , not too shabby

And the CUSA champion - Dec 20 ( wow ) in Boca Raton vs Memphis - nothing like CUSA playing former CUSA - bet the ratings will go through the roof for this one.
And the ratings for the cotton bowl won't be earth shattering

College Football Playoff Semifinals

• Peach Bowl: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Washington
  • Fiesta Bowl: No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Ohio State
New Year's Six Games

• Cotton: Western Michigan vs. Wisconsin
  • Orange: Michigan vs. Florida State
  • Rose: Penn State vs. USC
  • Sugar: Oklahoma vs. Auburn

And the ratings for the cotton bowl won't be earth shattering

Your probably correct - but for sure that game will be watched by many more than the rough and tumble Boca Bowl.

Point is WMU is playing in a bowl that people recognize vs the one the CUSA champ is in.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
'We're going to Disney World': LSU accepts invite to Citrus Bowl for meeting with Louisville

Penn State really got the short end of the stick on this one , seriously "The" couldn't win the Big 10 but yet have an opportunity to play for the National Title??? GO CLEMSON.

Go Clemson?

You're an admitted South Carolina fan.

Go Clemson?

You're an admitted South Carolina fan.

Dont tell the kids...lol.

No when it comes down to backing the state of South Carolina I have no issue with wanting to see Clemson do well , funny thing is since Dabo was hired South Carolina fans have made jokes about him , suddenly came to a screeching halt last year and nothing close this year..most have finally admitted the fact that Clemson came out on top with their hire vs Spurrier and now Muschamp.

Add to that , my disliking of "The" OSU is so strong that even the parent and father in law of South Carolina grads will root for Clemson - they wont but I will..then add in Mrs 77 the Kentucky grad and it becomes really interesting..she just wants to keep peace but is like me when it comes to wanting to see Clemson defeat OSU..

Hopefully Urban wont punch any of the Clemson players....

It also sounds like the selection committee is really concerned about OOC strength of schedule. That will hurt G5 conference schools like Marshall going forward.
It is more likely Marshall will be hurt by their conference schedule than their non conference schedule. I also don't see them in the running for that G5 slot in the near future.

Cy2_PADq_W8_AAIRV8_1.png

No G5 will ever be considered for the playoffs even if they were to beat some of the P5 schools selected for the playoff due to conference SOS. That's why the playoff should be expanded to 8 with the P5 champions, top G5 conference champion, and 2 at-large bids. It gives everyone the opportunity to compete for the national title and not just the 5-10 same schools every year.

Reactions: RedParallax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT