ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago's Murder Rate is Skyrocketing

Greed would be talking a different story if all this was going on his community. I bet he hardly ever sees a black person.
Evergreen lives Out Wayne...a longtime white-only area. He's your typical talk-the-talk liberal. He has, however, seen pictures of blacks in magazines.:)

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Typical Ultra Liberal approach to all black problems...throw money at it, throw more money at it, and when that fails, THROW TONS OF MONEY @ IT !!!:mad:

How about some human morality in the black community to raise their standards...introduce marriage, fathers working and living in the households, good parenting, good role models, etc. :cool:

Like I said, this won't change over night. There has to be steps to change. Have you been in an inner city school or in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore school district where the school is being shut down? First you HAVE TO REBUILD THE SCHOOLS.

Secondly States especially ones with high crime and high drug addiction have to look at what they are doing wrong with rehabilitation. There is a cycle that is repeating and it's getting worse.

Third BRING BACK THE DAMN JOBS!!!!!! No Jobs and No job training equals more violence and more survival of the fittest mindset. High crime in black neighborhoods didn't raise until the jobs started leaving. After 40 years of this, you now have the issues with today's black neighborhoods.

So you defund inner-city educational system, you allow the prison system to develop unemotional animals to be released back into general society, and you pull the blue collar jobs out that can pay a decent living for the family.

Also you ever notice the worst places are in the north and in liberal havens?

And have you noticed the worst places in this country are poor white trash communities that are filled with meth heads and pill heads, Indian reservations, and inner-city black neighborhoods,

Quit voting in the same democrats that haven't done shit for black communities for four decades.

See the thing is why vote for a Republican who doesn't give a shit at all and whose policies started this mess in the first place.

See the thing is why vote for a Republican who doesn't give a shit at all and whose policies started this mess in the first place.

The only mess started by Republicans appears to be writing and passing civil rights laws, ending slavery following the civil war and agreeing to fund the war on poverty during the 60s. Blacks communities haven't been the same since. (Who wants to put money on Fever not understanding the context of these 2 sentences?)

And, percentages are meaningless to him:rolleyes:

You didn't seem to care about the percentages when the following statement was made.......
"twice as many white males are shot by the police as black males". Why is that?

Honestly, if a system has failed consistently for 40+ years, why would you still support that system? It's like battered wife syndrome with these cities.

Honestly, if a system has failed consistently for 40+ years, why would you still support that system? It's like battered wife syndrome with these cities.

It's either vote for the one who speaks bullshit or vote for the one who doesn't even give a shit enough to feed the bullshit

Why have WVIANS voted for Democrats for 100 years and still have the worst job growth, worst educational system, worst healthcare, just worst everything

Why have WVIANS voted for Democrats for 100 years and still have the worst job growth, worst educational system, worst healthcare, just worst everything

I agree, and it's stupid. Most of the older people in my family voted Dem simply because their parents, grand parents, and so on did. The last few election cycles have grown more red though. It's probably equal parts because of the economy and because Dems have slid way left of where they were just ten years ago.

My point is, you want government dollars in these communities to pull them out of the gutter. I agree that better schools, safer public spaces, jobs...will help. But why empower the same officials who've bankrupted these cities by giving them more money?

Fever is correct that the inner city industrial centers have been completely decimated. It is no wonder those areas have poverty and crime issues.

If those jobs wasn't pulled out between the 70s and 80s from the Inner-cities imagine how much better and stronger this country would be.

But nope those blue collar production and manufacturing jobs are now in Latin America and SE Asia

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
If those jobs wasn't pulled out between the 70s and 80s from the Inner-cities imagine how much better and stronger this country would be.

But nope those blue collar production and manufacturing jobs are now in Latin America and SE Asia

It is amazing. I really enjoy traveling by Amtrak, probably because my Dad was a railroad worker and I always liked trains when I was growing up. Amtrak, like all American railroads, follows lines that were laid down long ago. Those lines follow the old industrial needs of our nation. It is mind-blowing to go through major cities and see the hollowed-out old industrial areas. It looks like post-WWII Europe.

Reactions: Herd Fever
I don't think anyone disagrees with what fever and Raoul are saying, however not valuing life has nothing to do with drugs and lack of jobs

Reactions: raleighherdfan
It is amazing. I really enjoy traveling by Amtrak, probably because my Dad was a railroad worker and I always liked trains when I was growing up. Amtrak, like all American railroads, follows lines that were laid down long ago. Those lines follow the old industrial needs of our nation. It is mind-blowing to go through major cities and see the hollowed-out old industrial areas. It looks like post-WWII Europe.

Yet so many Americans are oblivious to this and then wonder why those areas are high in crime and violence. These areas have developed a survival of the fittest mindset

I don't think anyone disagrees with what fever and Raoul are saying, however not valuing life has nothing to do with drugs and lack of jobs

It has everything to do with drugs and lack of jobs.

When these conditions have gone on for 40+ years a survival of the fittest mentality will develop

When you live in an environment where your life can be taken at any moment, you develop a lack of care for other people lives as well. Couple that with the Anger of being poor, anger from not having a solid family structure, and now the Crack babies of the 80s who are now adults. This is what you have now in America.

When you live in an environment where your life can be taken at any moment, you develop a lack of care for other people lives as well. Couple that with the Anger of being poor, anger from not having a solid family structure, and now the Crack babies of the 80s who are now adults. This is what you have now in America.
True but personal choices can change that. And I'm sorry respect for human life is respect for human life period. You can express all the struggles you want but at the end of the day saying someone deserved to get shot doesn't value human life

Reactions: 31Herd55
Legalize, or at least decriminalize, drugs and most gang violence will stop overnight.

Disagree strongly with this sentiment. We've already established in this thread that a portion of this violence stems from perceived "disrespect," as opposed to some financial basis - i.e., encroaching on someone else's distribution area. The fact is, you legalize drugs, gangs will still flourish in urban areas because of other factors that have been listed above.

Disagree strongly with this sentiment. We've already established in this thread that a portion of this violence stems from perceived "disrespect," as opposed to some financial basis - i.e., encroaching on someone else's distribution area. The fact is, you legalize drugs, gangs will still flourish in urban areas because of other factors that have been listed above.

yea tell me how many bootleggers and rum runners are still around again?

You do realize since Colorado have legalized Marijuana, crime has gone down and the number of Cartel arrest have drastically gone down?

Well, if you legalize murder the number of arrests for murder will dramatically plunge.

Here's the thing, if the area you live in sucks and has no opportunity, move somewhere else. People have done just that throughout the history of the country. People went west for the gold rush and pursue other opportunities. The immigrant coal miners went to Detroit to follow the post war auto boom. During the Depression men hopped trains and headed west.

I was watching undercover boss the other night and one of the workers encountered was a single black father (I know, it's like a unicorn). He lived in St. Louis and his son was getting in trouble, so he packed up and moved out of the city. He found a decent job, his son is now not getting in trouble and is improving his performance in school.

If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose by changing your location.

Well, if you legalize murder the number of arrests for murder will dramatically plunge.

Here's the thing, if the area you live in sucks and has no opportunity, move somewhere else. People have done just that throughout the history of the country. People went west for the gold rush and pursue other opportunities. The immigrant coal miners went to Detroit to follow the post war auto boom. During the Depression men hopped trains and headed west.

I was watching undercover boss the other night and one of the workers encountered was a single black father (I know, it's like a unicorn). He lived in St. Louis and his son was getting in trouble, so he packed up and moved out of the city. He found a decent job, his son is now not getting in trouble and is improving his performance in school.

If you have nothing, you have nothing to lose by changing your location.

It's not easy to just up and move so that is not realistic for everyone

Saw some headlines about Chicago's skyrocketing murder rate while I was drinking my coffee this morning. Started going through some of the numbers from 2015 & 2016 & if you're a black male from Chicago between the ages of 17-25 reading this post, you live between Goose Island & West Pullman, you're probably going to get shot today.

So what's driving the spike in black on black murder in Chicago? Is it the reduced police activity? What caused these shooters to get more emboldened?

Chicago officials on Tuesday released "graphic" and "chilling" video showing a police officer fatally shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald 16 times. The footage has been described as something that "will tear at the hearts of all Chicagoans."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ing-Chicago-Teen-352231921.html#ixzz45YXMblx1

YES IT IS ALARMING. I GUESS THE POLICE ARE BECOMING BETTER SHOTS.

This isn't the Jets and the Sharks. This is serious cash money business. The disrespect is that turf is where the gang sells drugs. If Burger King started selling Whoppers in McDonald's parking lot, McDonald's would call the cops or sue. You can not do that when dealing drugs. So you shoot that asshole.

Sure there is a complete and utter disregard for human life involved, but when the competition shows up to kill you and take your business you better kill first. Like I said, it is evil. Now, if you take the profit out of drugs there is no incentive for turf or violence. The smarter gangbangers have moved on to financial fraud, like idenity theft and stealing credit card numbers. The smarter ones usually are not the ones killing anyway; dealing drugs is dangerous but it isn't rocket science.

It is all complicated. We know there is more depression in areas of poverty. People start self medicating. We know areas of poverty have higer levels of drug use. Then some of the poor people with a bit of motivation take the easy way and sell dope. It is all intertwined. Saying everyone should make better choices just ignores reality, since when does everyone make better choices?

the coal fields of WV and KY are the poorest areas in the US. why aren't those towns in the news daily for murders? yes, drugs and economy plays a big role in the urban problems. but the BIGGEST problem is the rap/hip-hop culture that has brainwashed these kids into thinking because they are young, black, and male they have to carry a gat and resolve any form of "disrespect" by shooting. i've been in some SCARY places in Eastern KY and Southern WV, but i was never afraid of being shot just for being on the wrong street/hollar....

Reactions: 31Herd55
the coal fields of WV and KY are the poorest areas in the US. why aren't those towns in the news daily for murders?

i've been in some SCARY places in Eastern KY and Southern WV, but i was never afraid of being shot just for being on the wrong street/hollar....

Most murders in Huntington are drug related. Smaller populations = murder is not daily.

YOU have nothing to worry about, YOU are not dealing drugs or going into dope homes.

Just last week here a town of 50 people had a double murder. It was over a drug deal. White people, too!

Reactions: Herd Fever
Does that mean it doesn't exist?[/QUO
the coal fields of WV and KY are the poorest areas in the US. why aren't those towns in the news daily for murders? yes, drugs and economy plays a big role in the urban problems. but the BIGGEST problem is the rap/hip-hop culture that has brainwashed these kids into thinking because they are young, black, and male they have to carry a gat and resolve any form of "disrespect" by shooting. i've been in some SCARY places in Eastern KY and Southern WV, but i was never afraid of being shot just for being on the wrong street/hollar....
southern Coalfields of WV are overrun with drugs...but, the white-trash junkies/druggies are not gunning each other down like dogs. :)

Most murders in Huntington are drug related. Smaller populations = murder is not daily.

YOU have nothing to worry about, YOU are not dealing drugs or going into dope homes.

Just last week here a town of 50 people had a double murder. It was over a drug deal. White people, too!

you can look at the per capita stats and it is not even remotely close...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT