ADVERTISEMENT

"Coal is dead"

murox

Platinum Buffalo
May 29, 2001
Coal-fired power plants are king again as sub-zero temperatures sent demand for heating and electricity soaring on the East Coast Friday in the largest energy market in the nation.

Coal outpaced both natural gas and nuclear power plants in the PJM market, which extends from the Midwest to Washington, according to real-time updates provided by the grid operator PJM Interconnection.

Coal provided nearly 20,000 megawatts more electricity throughout the day Friday than its primary rival natural gas and over 10,000 megawatts more than nuclear power plants.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/coal-to-the-rescue-as-record-cold-grips-the-east/article/2644591

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Coal-fired power plants are king again as sub-zero temperatures sent demand for heating and electricity soaring on the East Coast Friday in the largest energy market in the nation.

Coal outpaced both natural gas and nuclear power plants in the PJM market, which extends from the Midwest to Washington, according to real-time updates provided by the grid operator PJM Interconnection.

Coal provided nearly 20,000 megawatts more electricity throughout the day Friday than its primary rival natural gas and over 10,000 megawatts more than nuclear power plants.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/coal-to-the-rescue-as-record-cold-grips-the-east/article/2644591

LOL. You do realize you are only citing statistics for one market?

Let's talk about the entire United States:

Key Indicators October 2017 % Change from Oct 2016
Total net generation (thousand MWh) 319,494 2.1%
Residential retail price (cents/kwh) 12.84 3.0%
Retail sales (thousand MWh) 296,077 -0.2%
Heating degree-days 204 21.4%
Coal consumption (thousand tons) 50,172 -8.0%
Natural gas consumption (Mcf) 797,995 4.9%
Source: Electricity Monthly Update.
See more data ›

From October 2016 to October 2017, electric production from coal was down 8%. For the same period, electric production from natural gas was up 4.9%.

Electric production from gas will only increase. Many producers made significant long-term investments over the past few years to switch from coal production to natural gas production.

Obviously the business you run has nothing to do with energy and fossil fuels.

LOL, LMAO, ROTFL.

The fvck is wrong with you? Why do you type that in every response?

Yes, I'm very aware that was in one market. I included it in the text of my post, you retard.

You should consult with your fellow idiots greed and dtard. They can fill you in on my businesses. I'm basically coal royalty.

Also, your stats are wrong. Read the article.

"U.S. coal production for the year totaled 760.4 million short tons, which is 6.4 percent higher than a year ago, according to the Energy Information Administration's last weekly coal report for 2017. The agency is the Energy Department's statistical and analytical arm."

LOL, LMAO, ROTFL.

The fvck is wrong with you? Why do you type that in every response?

Yes, I'm very aware that was in one market. I included it in the text of my post, you retard.

You should consult with your fellow idiots greed and dtard. They can fill you in on my businesses. I'm basically coal royalty.

I post LOL because stupid people make me laugh. Congratulations, you are hilarious.

As far as you being coal royalty, I'm sorry. Your future isn't very bright. I hope you are intelligent enough to diversify.

Also, your stats are wrong. Read the article.

"U.S. coal production for the year totaled 760.4 million short tons, which is 6.4 percent higher than a year ago, according to the Energy Information Administration's last weekly coal report for 2017. The agency is the Energy Department's statistical and analytical arm."

LOL. That's where my stats are from, the USEIA.

And this is the part where you walk away with your head hung in shame because you look like a complete idiot.

I am not coal royalty but I do know most coal power plants are running at a portion of their capacity many well below 50 percent of their capacity. Simple math states that playing back up and hitting capacity a couple times a year at peak demand is not going to keep the doors open.

Having two grandfathers who were Logan Co. miners - one in Kistler, one in Amherstdale, I know a little about coal. Enough to know the idiots in Charleston rode that horse too long and should have been smart enough to look at diversifying the states economy 50 years ago. But they suckled at the coal and severance teet. Congrats!

Having two grandfathers who were Logan Co. miners - one in Kistler, one in Amherstdale, I know a little about coal. Enough to know the idiots in Charleston rode that horse too long and should have been smart enough to look at diversifying the states economy 50 years ago. But they suckled at the coal and severance teet. Congrats!
They still do “friends of coal”

I post LOL because stupid people make me laugh. Congratulations, you are hilarious.

As far as you being coal royalty, I'm sorry. Your future isn't very bright. I hope you are intelligent enough to diversify.
You love seeing coal miners out of work?

Thats impossible obama left office with the belief black lung doesnt exist. Just yesterday my lawyer in norton va is setting me up with another black lung examination. Why because he believes trump will fund the BLP. Lol miners dying in any way never concerned liberals. If they did they would outlaw deep mining. If you never worked in the mines your basically clueless about all aspects of mining. We needed to make the move away from coal but not overnight. More like 100 years.Nappy head and lyin hillary did the damage and not much can be done now. Well build new coal powered plants and then gradually make the change. Not seen a solar panel or windmill in these parts. I bet you are against fragging too?

Unemployment numbers go down when your unemployment checks run out. You are counted as working. Its false.

"Thats impossible obama left office with the belief black lung doesnt exist."

That ^^^is an entirely stupid statement.

.Nappy head and lyin hillary did the damage and not much can be done now.

Yep. The two created lower cost natural gas all on their own.

Well build new coal powered plants and then gradually make the change

You will. Can you name a plan for a new coal fired power plant in Kentucky? I can't find one for WV.

lummox never spent a minute in a coal mine, his dad owned the mine.[/QUOno not will i said Well build more plants. What needs to be done. I know of no new plants. If the democrats would jump on a coal band wagon and the next gerbil run on that you would be all for coal. Dont lie!

Thats impossible obama left office with the belief black lung doesnt exist. Just yesterday my lawyer in norton va is setting me up with another black lung examination. Why because he believes trump will fund the BLP. Lol miners dying in any way never concerned liberals. If they did they would outlaw deep mining. If you never worked in the mines your basically clueless about all aspects of mining. We needed to make the move away from coal but not overnight. More like 100 years.Nappy head and lyin hillary did the damage and not much can be done now. Well build new coal powered plants and then gradually make the change. Not seen a solar panel or windmill in these parts. I bet you are against fragging too?
Total bullshit sisters. Obama didn’t didn’t kill coal natural gas killed coal. Period. That’s why it is not coming back cause there is a much cheaper solution. I just saw two more mega gas electric plants coming on line soon one in nw Ohio and another in Pennsylvania. And how could Hillary of shut coal down. Last I checked she was not president.

Total bullshit sisters. Obama didn’t didn’t kill coal natural gas killed coal. Period. That’s why it is not coming back cause there is a much cheaper solution. I just saw two more mega gas electric plants coming on line soon one in nw Ohio and another in Pennsylvania. And how could Hillary of shut coal down. Last I checked she was not president.
No memory at all buckeye of lying hillary saying She would bankrupt coal companies. One thing her and obama teamed up on. Hillary outlawed fracking in new york. Without fracking no gas

Nappy head and lyin hillary did the damage and not much can be done now. Well build new coal powered plants and then gradually make the change. Not seen a solar panel or windmill in these parts. I bet you are against fragging too?

You are a disgusting piece of shit! I can't believe this is tolerated on this site.

"no not will i said Well build more plants. What needs to be done. I know of no new plants. If the democrats would jump on a coal band wagon and the next gerbil run on that you would be all for coal. Dont lie!"

Why build more coal fired power plants when natural gas is cheaper?

No memory at all buckeye of lying hillary saying She would bankrupt coal companies. One thing her and obama teamed up on. Hillary outlawed fracking in new york. Without fracking no gas
So considering she is not president what did she do again. Also in New York considering she was a US senator she was not a state senator it means she set no state laws or legislated on a state level. Now there are plenty of liberals in the New York State house but she was not one. You need to better understand state and federal politics before assuming Lyin Hillary did anything. She is a total piece of shit but had nothing to do with any energy policy in the United States.

You love seeing coal miners out of work?

People in the coalfields are going to have to accept reality and either work something different there that doesn't pay shit or move to where the jobs are.

Cummins in Columbus IN is hiring. Great union jobs. I'd work there if I was willing to live in Columbus. I'm at a point I either want to live in the middle of nowhere or near a big city with everything. The medium city has nothing that appeals to me.

Anyway, I love West Virginia. It's more home to me than Indiana. I've hiked all over the Mon Nat Forest. But I knew I had to move to have a career. Working for a non profit I still don't make what I did in the corporate world, but it's still more than I would make in this field in WV. It is what it is. Even a state job, here in a state with notoriously shitty government wages, starts damn near $15k a year than in WV.

LOL. You do realize you are only citing statistics for one market?

Let's talk about the entire United States:

Key Indicators October 2017 % Change from Oct 2016
Total net generation (thousand MWh) 319,494 2.1%
Residential retail price (cents/kwh) 12.84 3.0%
Retail sales (thousand MWh) 296,077 -0.2%
Heating degree-days 204 21.4%
Coal consumption (thousand tons) 50,172 -8.0%
Natural gas consumption (Mcf) 797,995 4.9%
Source: Electricity Monthly Update.
See more data ›

From October 2016 to October 2017, electric production from coal was down 8%. For the same period, electric production from natural gas was up 4.9%.

Electric production from gas will only increase. Many producers made significant long-term investments over the past few years to switch from coal production to natural gas production.

Obviously the business you run has nothing to do with energy and fossil fuels.

TRUMP VOTERS - THEY'VE PROVEN THEY ARE DUMB AS A ROCK (IVANKA - 1st WOMAN PRESIDENT)
DILLUSIONAL TOO.

DILLUSIONAL TOO.

Ladies and gentlemen, dtard.

YorL_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

No, you're a racist piece of shit.
No Im not countryroads. Words are used to hurt people. I use them to piss liberals like you off
Then you go and judge my heart. God knows my heart. He probably is not pleased i used nappy head. You are not a nice person CR but I cant judge your heart.

People cant come to my defense after being called a piece of shi" I should exit the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT