ADVERTISEMENT

Has WV started increasing coal production yet?

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
If not, when do they anticipate doing so?

With the upcoming need to power all these electric vehicles, we're going to need a bunch of coal, and/or nuclear power.

hokies, what's the fruits in California going to do to keep all their EVs running, since you're outlawing gas powered vehicles? don't the fruits have issues with electricity already? you fruits building back better?

When I was a little kid, both my brother and I had those metal cars that you peddled. I’m expecting a return of those shortly.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
If they are, it is being sold to China. That should make you hillbilly Republicans swell with pride.

I did some reading last night about California. They have the capacity to do this. Now, the infrastructure is another issue. And automakers will not be ready, so it is an empty gesture, much like the first time California passed an EV law and it lead to that whole fiasco with GM and that EV1 car.

My plan is to live in Holmes County, Ohio in a few years. Nice metal roofed house on the hillside with some chickens and shit out in the yard. For those assholes who may not be aware, Holmes County is Amish Country, so since my wife is Amish, we'll fit right in, but more than likely, I'll be in the minority, since there's really not that many drunks that live in that county.

Long story short, we can get us a buggy and a couple nice working horses, and not give a shit about gasoline, other than the other dozen applications I need gasoline for.

Reactions: ohio herd
Even the Amish aren’t safe anymore. Recently read an article where Feds were pressing charges against an Amish farmer because his organic farming style didn’t meet FDA standards. Probably didn’t put enough chemicals in his products.

Reactions: ohio herd
True, but only because of this country's, and West Virginia's, cheap and plentiful natural gas.
FIFY. Believe me, the utilities are more than happy to retire their old, at end of lifespan coal plants, and build cheaper natural gas plants.

Personally I would be happy if new plants were nuclear. Coal is just foul stuff, there are better ways now, thanks Fermi!

My plan is to live in Holmes County, Ohio in a few years. Nice metal roofed house on the hillside with some chickens and shit out in the yard. For those assholes who may not be aware, Holmes County is Amish Country, so since my wife is Amish, we'll fit right in, but more than likely, I'll be in the minority, since there's really not that many drunks that live in that county.

Long story short, we can get us a buggy and a couple nice working horses, and not give a shit about gasoline, other than the other dozen applications I need gasoline for.
Your wife is a Mexican Amish chick?

Don’t forget your government regulated gasoline can.

If they are, it is being sold to China. That should make you hillbilly Republicans swell with pride.

I did some reading last night about California. They have the capacity to do this. Now, the infrastructure is another issue. And automakers will not be ready, so it is an empty gesture, much like the first time California passed an EV law and it lead to that whole fiasco with GM and that EV1 car.
Maybe California will just fall into the ocean

Wouldn't hurt, but damn, I couldn't imagine that damn bunch all heading onto our side of the country as they flee.
they are already. They are all over down here. Hopefully we get the ones that want to remain free, not be commies, and love the USA.

Barge traffic has been heavy the last few months. I live on the river and have seen an increase. Saw my first ever three wide, two going upriver and one heading downriver.

I thought you were planning on moving to Adams County, Pa.

Did you snatch your wife during Rumspringa?

Reactions: ThunderCat98
FIFY. Believe me, the utilities are more than happy to retire their old, at end of lifespan coal plants, and build cheaper natural gas plants.

Not necessarily... Again, the world is a little more complicated than that... Coal has historically been a cheaper and less price sensitive fuel than natural gas...

"A new report from Rhodium Group suggested that the United States may have to play catch-up to regain progress in the fight against climate change following a year of volatile natural gas prices that led to more reliance on less expensive coal increased greenhouse gas emissions in 2021."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT