Cole or Cam

Who do you start the last two weeks?

• Cam Fancher

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cole Pennington

Votes: 76 97.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough call. Cam definitely has more poise and can move in the pocket. Cole has arm strength and can stretch the field. Neither are great options at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Tough call. Cam definitely has more poise and can move in the pocket. Cole has arm strength and can stretch the field. Neither are great options at this point.
His first start as a true Freshman. Seriously, WTF do you expect? He added the passing threat we haven't had and never will under Fancher. And what's Fancher's excuse?

His first start as a true Freshman. Seriously, WTF do you expect? He added the passing threat we haven't had and never will under Fancher. And what's Fancher's excuse?
Again, both have their weaknesses. I'm not saying you should bench Cole. To the contrary, I'd probably roll with him unless he seriously screws up. I'm just stating the obvious - neither is setting the world on fire.

Tough call? You can't be serious. Cole just being able to pass opened the offense up.

Also Cam does not have any poise. That dude has been a deer in the headlings for 5 weeks now. He constantly freezes up, doesn't see WRs down field, and he cannot throw.

Also his scrambling which is his "strength" isn't all that impressive. A couple long runs, but mostly indecisive scrmables that many of which were from him just bailing on plays.

I don't know how good Cole will be, but Cam Fancher should never take another snap behind center. I'd rather just direct snap it to Ali the rest of the season than see Fancher play QB again.

No brainer to me. Cam hasn’t gotten better, worse in my opinion, and has played a good amount of football. Cole hasn’t done anything spectacular yet but he hasn’t played nearly as much as Cam. So I don’t see why we wouldn’t just let Cole get some more playing time and see if he actually can get better because clearly Cam is not ever going to do that.

I can't speak for Tier Three, but I expect somebody with as strong as of an opinion as you on this to realize that Cole isn't a true freshman. The kid has had nearly two full seasons in the program.
And how much playing time has he been afforded before tonight? Very, very little.

Reactions: mlblack16.
No brainer to me. Cam hasn’t gotten better, worse in my opinion, and has played a good amount of football. Cole hasn’t done anything spectacular yet but he hasn’t played nearly as much as Cam. So I don’t see why we wouldn’t just let Cole get some more playing time and see if he actually can get better because clearly Cam is not ever going to do that.
Cam didn't dress tonight.

The difference is we know what Fancher is and his skill set. He is NOT getting any better. Do you go with Pennington and see if he develops, I say yes because stat wise they are equal. And it may be the 75 game but that is the most energy the team has had in a month.

Not sure...

Four TD's tonight, and only one of them had a true QB on the field for it.

All I know is we better start looking for a QB by next year.

QBR 17.6 ??

Last edited:
What is Huff going to do when Cam comes back from injury? Even though we have Pennington-colored glasses on, will politics and $$$ dictate the outcome??

Cam - 65% comp, 8 TDs, 11 INTs, Rating 124, QBR 39.6
Cole - 63% comp, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, Rating 103, QBR 17.6 (5 turnovers in 6 quarters)

What is Huff going to do when Cam comes back from injury? Even though we have Pennington-colored glasses on, will politics and $$$ dictate the outcome??

Cole - 63% comp, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, Rating 103, QBR 17.6 (5 turnovers in 6 quarters)
The stats don't mean shit at this point. Cole brought energy to the O and everyone could see that. He engineered some drives tonight and we haven't seen that in a while. Intangibles are often overlooked but he brought them and helped us win this game.
The Cam experiment should be over.
Run with Cole the last few games and see what happens.

I can't speak for Tier Three, but I expect somebody with as strong as of an opinion as you on this to realize that Cole isn't a true freshman. The kid has had nearly two full seasons in the program.
Uh, thanks for that worthless take.

You have a great deal of knowledge in QB development and could provide useful insight, but instead you point out a small detail nobody cares about.

Cole is just following in his dad’s footsteps, I say stick with the kid unless Eric Kresser has a son looking to transfer…

He engineered some drives tonight and we haven't seen that in a while. Intangibles are often overlooked but he brought them and helped us win this game.
What drives did he engineer? What intangibles are those?

He did so well falling on the Fumbles. Ali, and especially; Harris were the clear MVP's tonight. Although, no one is giving them credit.

So you copy and paste this post on multiple forums? Anyone who has read any of your posts recognizes that you support another QB not named Cam or Cole. We just don't know who.

Cole had a 75% completion % and 149 rating yesterday. He didn't set the world on fire but it's an improvement and positive momentum.

He did so well falling on the Fumbles. Ali, and especially; Harris were the clear MVP's tonight. Although, no one is giving them credit.
Ali was the MVP.

Harris had four amazing catches but he also dropped two key easy catches late in the game. Not to mention, he didn't catch the four that he did in a vacuum. Someone threw him the ball. Credit to Harris for YAC but credit to Cole for throwing a catchable ball and putting it in the right place at the right time.

We had two three drives that Ali finished with runs. The O was engergized, anyone could see that. I know it's just one pass but the 15 yard throw over the middle actually looked like a pass from a D1 QB, not a floater or something Manute Bol couldn't reach.
Cam had his chance and I appreciate his efforts but that experiment should be over.

You have a clear bias and it's showing.

Cole didn't set the world on fire but if you think Cam should've been played last night (healthy or not) then you're a complete nut job.

Ali was the MVP.

Harris had four amazing catches but he also dropped two key easy catches late in the game. Not to mention, he didn't catch the four that he did in a vacuum. Someone threw him the ball. Credit to Harris for YAC but credit to Cole for throwing a catchable ball and putting it in the right place at the right time.

5-yard slant. The rest was RAC (chorus ignored). Throwing a catchable ball? Any D1 QB should be able to do that. Hopefully, better than a 17.6 QBR (chorus ignored).

You have a clear bias and it's showing.

Cole didn't set the world on fire but if you think Cam should've been played last night (healthy or not) then you're a complete nut job.

I didn't say Cam should. We scored 4 TDs, 3 of which a QB was not on the field (chorus ignored).

I believe next week will be a test, So. Ala will be ready for Cole instead of Cam. They will be ready for the wildcat.

Stop, he is not NFL caliber. Big mistake. If I was him be careful going to a P-Conference. He doesn't want to end up like Obi.

5-yard slant. The rest was RAC (chorus ignored). Throwing a catchable ball? Any D1 QB should be able to do that. Hopefully, better than a 17.6 QBR (chorus ignored).

I didn't say Cam should. We scored 4 TDs, 3 of which a QB was not on the field (chorus ignored).

I believe next week will be a test, So. Ala will be ready for Cole instead of Cam. They will be ready for the wildcat.
No, he drilled a ball to our guy over the middle for a 15 yard gain. Yeah YAC is a big part of it, we haven't had that much this season. What the hell do you want? Another 13 quarters of only 1 TD. Obviously Harrison isn't gonna do squat or he would be out there.

Hilarious.

Reactions: mlblack16.
No, he drilled a ball to our guy over the middle for a 15 yard gain. Yeah YAC is a big part of it, we haven't had that much this season. What the hell do you want? Another 13 quarters of only 1 TD. Obviously Harrison isn't gonna do squat or he would be out there.
Thank you. I'd rather take our lumps with a freshman QB who at least shows he has the basics to work with in terms of development.

It's just a shame we have a clueless staff who won't serve him well.

Trick Daddy actually tried it seemed, saw some plays that actually caught the D by surprise. The guy still isn’t good enough to hold the position, Huff better be seeking an improvement or at least a QB coach. Glad for the win but still need to close this huge offensive gap….. why the Oline can’t form a pocket and protect is beyond me.

Watching that 1st play from the endzone the left side nearly crossed over their feet trying to get to the rushers, should be letting the rusher come to them, bad coaching… guard got juked then his guy tip the pass for the INT.. sad

Wonder why they don’t have those cool handshakes and dances for allowing sacks and rushed passes.

The answer to the poll is - You play Pennington.

We have had 17 games of Fancher, we know what he is and what he isn't.

With Pennington there is hope that he can develop and continue to get better. I thought he improved last night as he settled down and the game progressed and the TV guys agreed, they mentioned several times how he started to see things more clearly in the second half.

Best case scenario, we are going to some Monday in December bowl game to play a MAC team in Mobile, Birmingham, Myrtle Beach, etc. Worst case, we dont even get that... But either way you play the new guy and hope he shows something.

Lol “any D1 QB should be able to make that pass”. Tell me you didn’t watch Cam Fancher as our QB without telling me you didn’t watch Cam Fancher as our QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT