ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Rankings

So now you're calling me a dog. Wow, very powerful and persuasive. We don't, and apparently won't, play these teams so we'll never know. My opinion hasn't changed, and apparently your's has either. But I don't think you're a dog, something else maybe, but not an animal.

Huh? I didn't call you a dog. I said that a dog could sit in front of a television and watch a bunch of games, but that doesn't mean he can judge which conference is better, because you simply cannot and do not watch every game from every team in both conferences.

Replace "dog" with anything else including "human male," and the point remains the same.

And just because we don't play those teams doesn't mean a valid judgement can be made. We don't play the SEC, but we can reach a logical conclusion that the SEC is better than C-USA. We don't play the Pioneer League, but we can also make a logical conclusion between the two conferences.

Either way, slightly ahead of the MAC or slightly behind the MAC... It doesn't really matter... CUSA football is not good as a whole, and the bottom half of the league is pure garbage.
I think that UC game painted a very clear picture of just how far the AAC is ahead of CUSA in football. It almost seemed night and day.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Real Time RPI has us ahead of the MAC in football.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think being ranked ahead of basketball conferences like the SWAC, Atlantic Sun and the Southland should be something we crow about. If there was an FBS/FCS split in D1 basketball those conferences would assuredly be FCS.

Including ALL D1 football conferences, CUSA is ranked 10th out of 24. Again, should we crow about being ranked ahead of a conference like the Pioneer in football (where they play without scholarships, i believe)? Of course not.

I'm not defending C-USA basketball or C-USA football - I think both leagues stink. Just pointing out that trying to make an argument that one is better than the other is kind of silly.
I think that UC game painted a very clear picture of just how far the AAC is ahead of CUSA in football. It almost seemed night and day.
I think everyone on here would agree that the American is way better. We are fighting over is C-USA the worst football conference of the G5. I think that the MAC, Sun Belt and C-USA are very close. It is the same discussion of who is better the ACC, Big 12 or Pac 12 among P5, Any given year the ranking may shift and that is IMO the same for the G5 conferences we are discussing.

Reactions: herd66
I nominate rifle to be on the game show "The Chase." I'm confident he can take The Beast to the woodshed.

I think that the MAC, Sun Belt and C-USA are very close.

In terms of on-field results, the Sun Belt is substantially better than C-USA this year. Make a logical and reasonable argument suggesting otherwise.

You can argue that the MAC and C-USA are very close, but there is no argument to be made about the Sun Belt and C-USA this year.

In terms of on-field results, the Sun Belt is substantially better than C-USA this year. Make a logical and reasonable argument suggesting otherwise.

You can argue that the MAC and C-USA are very close, but there is no argument to be made about the Sun Belt and C-USA this year.
Okay, I will agree this year the Sun Belt may be ahead of both. Next year it may not be so. However, still not sold on the idea except they outperformed us OOC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT