ADVERTISEMENT

Credit where it's due

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
I thought the offensive playcalling was very good. Not because we won, but because we used more than 3 routes in the passing tree.

Not going to write a novel, but will give an example. On the 4th and 2 TD pass, we rolled Litton out of the pocket - to the left, no less - where he had 3 options to throw to. One receiver was just beyond the sticks; one was 10-15 yards downfield; and the third was the long receiver near the endzone. It looked to me like the long throw was actually the third option. The first 2 were covered and Chase made a great throw that ended up being a TD. By overloading that side and rolling him out, you actually have 4 options to get the first down. Well-designed and well- executed play.

Agreed. I guarantee I've called for heads as much as anybody, but the first half (save a couple third downs) was as best called and designed offensive half we've had in a while. Our passing game looked, dare I say, almost dynamic.

That all went away in the second half, a decision I'll just have to get used to disagreeing with this staff on. But that's another thread.

I give the coaching a A- last night. Hope to see more of the same.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
I am probably the biggest bill legg hater there is here... but last night our offense was fun to watch... getting the turnovers and scoring on the next play ... wow how long has it been since we've seen that..!! Offense the second half was playing the clock way to early but it ended up working out. All in all Marshall played great football from the offense, defense, special teams and keeping the penalties low....
GO HERD!!!!!!!

The offense was much improved and much less predictable than it had been in the first few games. Maybe the bye allowed for some of that to come together. Also, the offensive line play most of the night was the best its been all year.

Hope we can keep up our offense with each future opponent. Maybe Doc and Legg have had a talk!

Hope we can keep up our offense with each future opponent. Maybe Doc and Legg have had a talk!

Don't know but I did like the attack mode we were in pretty much the whole game.. and we took advantage of the opportunities like we should have.. props to doc and company for getting the job done!

Maybe Goebbel needs a little credit for the improved play calling? Maybe he called the first half and Legg the second? :)

Reactions: HerdFan73
Cool part was as much as I love watching my kiddo playing D he only had about five minutes the first half!!
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENENED???
GO HERD!!!!!

Reactions: pdbailey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT