ADVERTISEMENT

Duck boat sinks

No shit? I’m 1’30” from you in Connecticut

I drove to Westin (just outside of Boston) a few years ago from C-bus area. The worst traffic and most insane drivers were through Connecticut.

I drove to Westin (just outside of Boston) a few years ago from C-bus area. The worst traffic and most insane drivers were through Connecticut.

Those were Massholes driving through Connecticut I’m certain. But yes, the entire Northeast has some nut jobs driving the roads.

No shit? I’m 1’30” from you in Connecticut

No way!! I live down by the harbor in Boston. Close to the Aquarium if you know where that is.

I accepted a role in Boston and they wanted me to relocate. So for the first year I got an apartment in Boston to see if I like the company and Boston. So far I really like Boston. I haven’t had to deal with traffic. I still own my house in Dublin so I left my cars there. So I either ride the subway, the commuter trains, planes or Uber.

Do you ever come to Boston?

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
No way!! I live down by the harbor in Boston. Close to the Aquarium if you know where that is.

I accepted a role in Boston and they wanted me to relocate. So for the first year I got an apartment in Boston to see if I like the company and Boston. So far I really like Boston. I haven’t had to deal with traffic. I still own my house in Dublin so I left my cars there. So I either ride the subway, the commuter trains, planes or Uber.

Boston is a great city I go over on occasion for SOX games and staff meetings. I live just across the Mass border in CT south of Westfield, Mass.

Need to change your handle, BeanTownHerd

Oh, Badass Herdman is back.

That's exactly what you told your boss when he told you what to drive for work, right?
hugggh? If the boss told me to drive in a damn hurricane I would tell him to suck one. The captain is in charge of the ship. And, yes i did. got another vehicle lot of it.

hugggh? If the boss told me to drive in a damn hurricane I would tell him to suck one. The captain is in charge of the ship. And, yes i did. got another vehicle lot of it.

Pfft! He told you to get into that death trap and drive. For the first couple of years, you did.

You put your health and well-being in jeopardy by getting into that deathtrap all because you were afraid to speak up to your boss.

Quack, quack - you'd be perfect to drive the duckboat.

This is a prime example of why there need to be strong legal protections for employees that speak up when there are legitimate safety concerns on the job. If a company retaliates against an employee for failing to follow direction when there are safety issues then that company should get absolutely hammered.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Is there somewhere that said the captain said he didn’t want to go out?? I would assume the captains just kept things moving throughout the day. They probably sailed in dozens if not hundreds of storms and blew this one off.

Pfft! He told you to get into that death trap and drive. For the first couple of years, you did.

You put your health and well-being in jeopardy by getting into that deathtrap all because you were afraid to speak up to your boss.

Quack, quack - you'd be perfect to drive the duckboat.
No, I had a choice. My own car or that one. And, equating me driving a car to taking a duck boat full of people on a lake with that kind of wind and chop is one of your stupid analogies.

No, I had a choice. My own car or that one. And, equating me driving a car to taking a duck boat full of people on a lake with that kind of wind and chop is one of your stupid analogies.

You assumed that the duckboat guy may have been scared of raising the issue of safety to his boss. Likewise, you were scared of raising the issue of having to drive a deathtrap to your boss.

Quack, quack.

This is a prime example of why there need to be strong legal protections for employees that speak up when there are legitimate safety concerns on the job. If a company retaliates against an employee for failing to follow direction when there are safety issues then that company should get absolutely hammered.

It's also an example of why all companies that employ people who work outdoors should have a staff person knowledgeable in reading weather radar and that person should have the authority to shut it down, profits be damned. An excellent radar app for smartphones (RadarScope) is $10. For a few bucks more a year you can add real time lighting data.

Here's an example of seven lives lost because no one looked at live data. You cannot wait for NWS to issue warnings, they have strict criteria on when to call a storm severe, but wind just under that threshold is still a serious danger to people outside, not to mention lightning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_State_Fair_stage_collapse

**** that. If I am that captain I am in charge of the boat when I am on it. And, I am responsible for the people on it. The boss could suck one if he didn't like it.

People go on vacation and they can't shift from the Disney World mindset. You're safe on Tower of Terror when the bottom drops out. Then you go out in nature and people think it's part of the ride. There were thunderstorms in the mountains of Zion National Park when I was there earlier this week and when we stood at the head of a river trail a sign said, "Warning: Flash floods highly likely."
Yet the trail was full of people walking up this narrow canyon. Sad thing...there I was right with them.

You assumed that the duckboat guy may have been scared of raising the issue of safety to his boss. Likewise, you were scared of raising the issue of having to drive a deathtrap to your boss.

Quack, quack.
Different. That car did not equate to this. A more viable argument would be if loaded the card with 6 people and the boss told me to drive in a tornado or hurricane. I would tell him nope.

Duck commander looks as though he was straight outta Ferguson. Probably was suffering from a bad mix of meth and thunderbird.

Duck commander looks as though he was straight outta Ferguson. Probably was suffering from a bad mix of meth and thunderbird.
The 73 year old black man?? That could be the most racist shit you have spewed on this board to date. Absolutely full of shit and hatred.

Different. That car did not equate to this. A more viable argument would be if loaded the card with 6 people and the boss told me to drive in a tornado or hurricane. I would tell him nope.

The analogy wasn't about being in bad weather. It was that both you and the duck driver were put in dangerous situations by your superior, and you both were too cowardly to defend yourselves and speak up about it.

Yeah, because old men don't drink cheap wine and do dope, right you flaming homosexual?

PS - F*** You
Pure racism. Dude was a pastor. Board member of a veterans nonprofit help organization and a retired equipment maintenance technician. What the fvck are you talking about. You’re total fvcking trash.

Last edited:
Pure racism. Dude was a pastor. Board member of a veterans nonprofit help organization and a retired equipment maintenance technician. What the fvck are you talking about. You’re total fvcking trash.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT