ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD EKU

I was impressed with the way we played. I think we had 8 dunks and played good d. Fun game to watch.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Probably the most complete game they’ve played all year. EKU is a quality team. WVU only beat them by 3.

Had a lot of turnovers but made up for it on the offensive glass and shot fairly well from 2. Not so much from 3.

We played excellent defense and rebounded well. Taylor played an exceptional game. Kinsey had too many turnovers and Early shot too many 3's. Hopefully we will start shooting better from 3. If we do, we can beat a lot of teams. Offense is still not where it needs to be.

If we just had one Austin Loop type sharp shooter I think we’d be nasty.
Seems to me if you're shooting 25% +/- from 3, and 60% from inside the arc, you should concentrate more on those layups, dunks, and 10 footers. But I'm not the coach.

Seems to me if you're shooting 25% +/- from 3, and 60% from inside the arc, you should concentrate more on those layups, dunks, and 10 footers. But I'm not the coach.
Defense dictates a lot of it. That 60% is created because we spread the defense and create wide open lanes for penetration and the paint is mostly vacated. That doesn’t happen if we stop shooting 3s.

I mean, we do. We’re not a team that jacks up a lot of 3s. We’re 191st in the country in 3 pt attempts per game.

Now factor in the pace we play, we’re 279th in the country in 3pt rate.

So we shoot a lower amount of 3s as a percentage of our total shots than just about anybody in the country.

Seems to me Dan is going about it right.

I mean, we do. We’re not a team that jacks up a lot of 3s. We’re 191st in the country in 3 pt attempts per game.

Now factor in the pace we play, we’re 279th in the country in 3pt rate.

So we shoot a lower amount of 3s as a percentage of our total shots than just about anybody in the country.

Seems to me Dan is going about it right.
This too.

How about Byers' follow up rebound/back to the basket dunk? Highlight reel stuff (no pun intended)for sure.
I was hoping they played that dunk when they came back from commercial. That was special.

73 and Sean. If you've got a player that is making 25% of his shots, and another that is making 60% of his shots, which one are you gonna play? I thought so.
Depends on how the defense is playing them. If the guy shooting 25% is drawing double teams, opens up space for other players, gets to the FT line, etc.; then he’s bringing value to the floor. If the guy shooting 60% is only scoring on easy baskets around the rim and is doing so from the action created by the guy shooting 25%, then I’m not sure how valuable the guy shooting 60% is.

3/4= 75% (Goran vs Wright St)
4/13= 31% (Kinsey vs Wright St)

Congratulations, you think Goran had a better night from the floor than Kinsey vs Wright St because you’re only looking at 1 stat and not factoring in that Kinsey went 14/14 from the FT line…I thought so.

Reactions: 19MU88
It seems like DD has found a good rotation. Taylor is pretty good PG that can shoot. He played well yesterday.

How about Byers' follow up rebound/back to the basket dunk? Highlight reel stuff (no pun intended)for sure.

I think it was last season Beyers caught a pass that was behind him and below his waist and threw down a one-handed dunk. Probably the most impressive dunk I've seen in person...

......seems like we commit offensive fouls waaay too much! A couple I didn't think were legit, but we have to do a better job of not turning ourselves over. Against better competition, those missed opportunities will cost us.....

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT