ADVERTISEMENT

Elmore Timberwolves workout

This is a waste of his time.

tenor.gif

Herd66, you definitely aren’t a real Herd fan and hoping for the best for our former players! Why the negativity? I hope Jon makes it and makes us all proud. Go Jon and GO HERD!!!!!

I would hope that he could make it ,but he a way too slow for the NBA.He could make it in Europe.That is reality.

I would hope that he could make it ,but he a way too slow for the NBA.He could make it in Europe.That is reality.
It’s never a waste of your time to pursue your dream, no matter the odds. Should JE just resign himself to Europe and not even attend NBA workouts that he is invited to? Jeez. Even if he doesn’t impress at all, the feedback is invaluable.

It’s never a waste of your time to pursue your dream, no matter the odds. Should JE just resign himself to Europe and not even attend NBA workouts that he is invited to? Jeez. Even if he doesn’t impress at all, the feedback is invaluable.
True. Anytime you do something that can make you better is never a waste of time.
As you said, what if he never tried? Then he would go on through life wondering, what if???
Good luck Jon

Is there a professional league in the world that is harder to get into than the NBA? In terms of the number of people playing the sport at a level higher than amateur, versus the number of available roster positions in the league.

Maybe the PGA?
Good point!

This is a waste of his time.

I've been quite critical of the basketball team this season...by my God I'd never wish ill will towards someone wanting to pursue their dream.

You call this a waste of his time...
He's had exactly 1 more Timberwolves workout than your lazy self ever will.

But hey, tell us what isn't a waste of time.

Reactions: Elkview

"[T]oo slow"? What does that even mean in the context of basketball? I didn't know someone's 40 time was a measurement NBA teams rely on in deciding whether or not to draft a player. Now, if you said "unathletic," you might have an argument (although I would disagree with it). But saying someone is "too slow" for the NBA reeks of ignorance and a personal bias against Elmore. In sum, you're an idiot.

"[T]oo slow"? What does that even mean in the context of basketball? I didn't know someone's 40 time was a measurement NBA teams rely on in deciding whether or not to draft a player. Now, if you said "unathletic," you might have an argument (although I would disagree with it). But saying someone is "too slow" for the NBA reeks of ignorance and a personal bias against Elmore. In sum, you're an idiot.
Do you seriously not understand the concept of speed/quickness on a basketball court?

Just like pursuing a dual degree in Art Appreciation and Eastern Literature?

Just like pursuing a dual degree in Art Appreciation and Eastern Literature?
So if you had a dream and a chance to follow that dream, you would just give up on it? If you answered yes to that then I would imagine you are not very successful in life.
We all have dreams, most of us however don't get the opportunity to pursue it.
Heck, I wanted to be a MLB player. There were no teams calling me asking me to tryout. Jon has that opportunity.
In fact he is in So Cal now working out for other teams. He may not make it but he is further developing his work ethic which he will use the rest of his life

Most appear to think he won’t make the NBA? Count me as one who thinks he will. I think he is underappreciated by a vocal minority at MU and very much underrated nationally.

Reactions: Elkview
So if you had a dream and a chance to follow that dream, you would just give up on it? If you answered yes to that then I would imagine you are not very successful in life.
We all have dreams, most of us however don't get the opportunity to pursue it.
Heck, I wanted to be a MLB player. There were no teams calling me asking me to tryout. Jon has that opportunity.
In fact he is in So Cal now working out for other teams. He may not make it but he is further developing his work ethic which he will use the rest of his life
Sarcasm.... Not very successful in life? I suppose it all comes down to how one defines being successful in life.

Most appear to think he won’t make the NBA? Count me as one who thinks he will. I think he is underappreciated by a vocal minority at MU and very much underrated nationally.

I agree with you. He is probably going to get some kind of deal and expect him to spend time in the G League. From there you might see 10 day contracts and a move up, as with most things in life he needs to be in the right situation at the right time.
From what I’ve seen he is high character and pro sport organizations value that, even if your down the depth chart.

Meister your post is spot on. Why criticize any Marshall athlete who is pursuing a dream? None of us should. It’s Jon’s life and his dream to pursue. We should be thankful he accomplished what he did at Marshall and support his every effort to make the next level.

I agree with you. He is probably going to get some kind of deal and expect him to spend time in the G League. From there you might see 10 day contracts and a move up, as with most things in life he needs to be in the right situation at the right time.
From what I’ve seen he is high character and pro sport organizations value that, even if your down the depth chart.
Actually, if he can get into the Euro League, that would get him much more money and a great shot at the NBA.
That is the 2nd best basketball league in the world. The NBA gets a lot of players from there. That is precisely why the D'Antoni brothers both told Ajdin to go there instead of the G League. HE will get to play against superior talent over there along with more money.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Actually, if he can get into the Euro League, that would get him much more money and a great shot at the NBA.
That is the 2nd best basketball league in the world. The NBA gets a lot of players from there. That is precisely why the D'Antoni brothers both told Ajdin to go there instead of the G League. HE will get to play against superior talent over there along with more money.

That is, Herdmeister, if one "gets to play". Word from earlier this year was that Ajdin was doing very little playing and a lot of riding the pine! If true, then another year at MU would have been better for him in the long run, IMO.

That is, Herdmeister, if one "gets to play". Word from earlier this year was that Ajdin was doing very little playing and a lot of riding the pine! If true, then another year at MU would have been better for him in the long run, IMO.
he was injured early and then played behind a guy that had been a league all start for a few years. When he did play, he played well and he had a very nice 6 figure salary to boot. I see that a coupe days ago he had 13 points, 10 rebounds and 3 steals in a game.

Reactions: oldeherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT