ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for 43 Billion.

I’m looking at the charts (mainly the timing on the dips & peaks in the last two years) - Twitter needs Musk. This is gonna be an interesting business study when it all shakes out

I just index invest for the most part. Is it normal to have a board of people with minimal (?no?) skin in the game? I mean I own more Twitter stock than some board members.

I was just looking at that list & had no idea the board collectively owned so little (Jack’s on his way out, too.) How is rejecting Musk’s offer not detrimental to the remaining shareholders?

I was just looking at that list & had no idea the board collectively owned so little (Jack’s on his way out, too.) How is rejecting Musk’s offer not detrimental to the remaining shareholders?
This might be relatively normal, but I’m not sure. I doubt it though.

I mean is it really that big of a shock that boards of big corporations is nothing but a giant popularity contest and exclusive club that you strive to be a part of?

I naively assumed they’d have more ownership of the company. Skin in the game matters. You can declare a fiduciary duty but in my experience nothing matters more than this aphorism below…

It appears that even low % ownership is still a lot of money (my first glance mental math was off). So maybe they do have more at stake than at first glance.

Like I said - this may be normal. But I figured it would be a higher %.

ff81d25684a292b8a87564d8af75b6b7eb4c323ecf6217b1e9a6a7a732011062.png

It appears that even low % ownership is still a lot of money (my first glance mental math was off). So maybe they do have more at stake than at first glance.

Like I said - this may be normal. But I figured it would be a higher %.

$42 billion x .00007 = $2.94 million.

Looks like its current stock price isn't too far off of its initial stock price.

Like you said, not necessarily a small $ amount but definitely a small ownership %.

The problem is that those people on the board have probably invested zero of their own money. The little stock they do own is a product of grants from being on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT