ADVERTISEMENT

Expensive things that are “worth it”

i'm in no hurry. the only possible negative to the entire job may be @MichiganHerd and i trying to out-drink each other and we end up with cirrhosis.
I tied on a pretty good one on Saturday. Had the 3 year colonoscopy on Friday, so I was about as far on empty as you can be, so drank five pints while out eating lunch and shopping at the farm market. Then got home and got into my keg until about midnight. Felt like warmed over death Sunday morning, but I hear I was the life of the party on Saturday night, but I was the only one there after the wife gave up on trying to tell me I don't need another one about six/seven times.

Reactions: 19MU88
Speaking of windows. I had the house pressured washed a year and half ago or so. Had to remove the screens. Never put them back up and don't think I will. THey just trap dirt and crap and I think it looks better without them.

Part of my issue is that the kids find ways to gouge the crap out of the floors. We're talking like 6 inch long grooves carved into them and I literally have no idea what they are doing. I've got area rugs down in the high traffic areas like our living room and study (which has turned into more of a kids TV room), but I hate having rugs all over the place.
whoever puts pine flooring down is asking for dents, dings, and deep scratches. sounds like they were looking for the rustic look.

we have hickory and have scuffs out the wazoo from the kids and dogs, but no dents/dings/scratches, as it's harder than a wedding dick.

Speaking of windows. I had the house pressured washed a year and half ago or so. Had to remove the screens. Never put them back up and don't think I will. THey just trap dirt and crap and I think it looks better without them.
I took all the screens out of the basement windows and they look spectacular without them. Would like to do the same upstairs, but kind of like to open the upstairs windows to air out the house from all the weekend beer farts. Guess I still could, but we got all those damn birds living out in the yard now, so they sometimes get into the house, and that pisses the cat off.

Reactions: i am herdman
Sub Zero. Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi has to store her $24 a quart ice cream? My passion is landscaping so I want to see some yard pics to see how I stack up. Might even get some new ideas.
Yeah. I’ll post some pics in a few. Having to upload pics to a hosting site for this god forsaken website is aggravating.

Wonder if birthinghips has a sub zero at one of his million dollar properties. I’m sure the 3” contractor-grade trim just pops beside it.

Ok, Fan. Do I qualify for the job? I can stay in your tool shed for the next decade while I finish.

extremely nice work. sorry, but yore likely over-qualified. you'd have to stay around longer than a decade to make sure all those plants don't kill over. my green thumb turned brown when building and i smashed it repetitively with a hammer while attempting to nail things.

Beautiful. You have the one thing I don’t. Grass. Very swampy here so moss is my mainstay.
Is the tree in the basket container a ficus?

Reactions: murox
@greengeezer

Your outdoor space looks amazing! My wife does the floral gardening/landscaping stuff and I do the mowing/trimming. I HATE mulching, so i pay workers to do that.

Find a nice egg-size river rock and replace the mulch. Best decision I ever made with landscaping.
I'm considering this. We did the entire landscaping when we had our retaining walls built this past summer and I'm already over the mulch.

Beautiful. You have the one thing I don’t. Grass. Very swampy here so moss is my mainstay.
Is the tree in the basket container a ficus?
It’s not in the container, it just looks like it. It’s at the corner of the sidewalk/driveway. It’s a dogwood.

Reactions: greengeezer
I tried several photo hosting apps. One called ImgBB seemed the easiest. Get the app, download any photo you want, copy it being sure you use the URL setting. On our board page, put the cursor in the text block , double tap until you see “paste,” and it will post the picture.
This app seems to be the same one Murox is using.

It’s a dogwood.
I wish I had the Huntington climate. I still remember bicycling through Ritter Park with my college girlfriend and enjoying the beautiful azaleas. Have only managed to grow one of those to any size from the 23 I have planted. Bitter winters here. And hungry deer.

I wish I had the Huntington climate. I still remember bicycling through Ritter Park with my college girlfriend and enjoying the beautiful azaleas. Have only managed to grow one of those to any size from the 23 I have planted. Bitter winters here. And hungry deer.
I’ve had to fortify my landscaping against deer, so it has limited the type of plants I can use.

@greengeezer

I HATE mulching, so i pay workers to do that.
That is starting to become my shortfall. I can’t sling the 50 pound bags of mulch around like I used to. I even struggle to get them into my vehicle when I visit the big box store. Really pisses me off when some little teenage girl in the red company vest runs across the parking lot and asks if she can load the bags for me. 😁

pfffft. At best that's a $300,000 house. And what's with all that green stuff out front? Do you live in a forest?
An intelligent person wouldn’t have made something so easily disproven the central thesis of his argument. I used to think birthinghips had above-average intelligence. I think the mental illness may have affected his ability to reason in middle age.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Yes, and you feel the need to let everyone on social media know on a biweekly basis. I’m wondering how you don’t have joint social media pages yet. That’s the next step.

I love their go-to couple’s pose on Facebook. It’s in every album.

Also toilet paper, and quality undershirts. And underwear. And socks. The stuff that actually touches your body is the best to spend money on.

And a giant ****-off wedge pillow. It finally solved my “I hate all pillows” problem.

MarshallisQBU (if that's the right name) probably has the #1 house, if he's the same guy that lives in Southern Virginia in a nice wooded area. Think it was him that posted his house a few years back, but may be mistaken. WV-FAN has to be top 3, but his house smells like beer farts. I wouldn't necessarily trade mine either. Doc Fungus is buying us a nice mountain top home near Asheville at some point, so that's what I'm waiting for.

Also toilet paper, and quality undershirts. And underwear. And socks. The stuff that actually touches your body is the best to spend money on.

And a giant ****-off wedge pillow. It finally solved my “I hate all pillows” problem.
You're right about the underwear. Back about 15 years ago, when my tighty white Hanes were really unwearable due to the stains and numerous holes, I finally started wearing the nice stuff that feels good on your nut sack. Truly a life changing experience.

You're right about the underwear. Back about 15 years ago, when my tighty white Hanes were really unwearable due to the stains and numerous holes, I finally started wearing the nice stuff that feels good on your nut sack. Truly a life changing experience.
I got a couple pair of merino wool boxers and was shocked how comfortable they are. I expected them to be hot but not really at all.

I go with the under armour brand
That’s what most of mine are too, although the last pack I got was not as good as the old ones. I wear the wool ones when hiking or doing stuff where I’ll be moving a lot.

I also wear mostly UA socks but I have some nice Darn Tough ones for when I’ll be on my feet more.

I got a couple pair of merino wool boxers and was shocked how comfortable they are. I expected them to be hot but not really at all.
Wool?? I can't see that being comfortable. My experiences with wool are from the Army. Itchiest shit known to man. Warm, but itchy.

Wool?? I can't see that being comfortable. My experiences with wool are from the Army. Itchiest shit known to man. Warm, but itchy.
I have a built in wool sweater down there.

I go with the sports type material. My stuff has to breath. I don't need wool on my stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT