ADVERTISEMENT

Expensive things that are “worth it”

Did you get your “Gucci boots” at Saks off 5th?
They don’t sell Gucci there. You wouldn’t know, because ya’ know, West Virginia.

Btw, love the faux wood vinyl floors. Beautiful. Exactly what I expected from a billionaire.
Millionaire. There’s a difference between that and billionaire. You wouldn’t know either, Middle Class Murox.

And it’s luxury vinyl. Real wood is increasingly rare, even in many of the $10 million houses here. I get no benefit of one over the other. But again, why do you keep hiding from comparing the costs of our houses?

I'm not going to hate on the suit, but for fvck sake, ditch the turtleneck. That's not a good look.
Stop. You haven’t had a single good look in any of your 50 years.

The suit is tacky and awful. So are the boots. He looks like a clown.
You are the king of tacky. Your clothes, your kitchen remodels of tiles to the ceiling, your bathroom . . .

Good batteries. Either Duracell or Energizer preferred. Worth it.
Rechargeable batteries. Who cares if they last 25% less. You never run out.

• Haha
Reactions: murox
Clothes snobs, home snobs, shoe snobs, coffee snobs, battery snobs . . . Coming to this board is like visiting Palm Beach.
I miss the low class, cheap beer posters who once hung out here.
Certain things are worth it. Batteries are one. Those cheap ones just go dead and fail you when you need it most.

Certain things are worth it. Batteries are one. Those cheap ones just go dead and fail you when you need it most.
I’ve also read to avoid buying batteries at those discount dollar type stores. The article didn’t say why. I’m guessing it might be because they could be old.

They don’t sell Gucci there. You wouldn’t know, because ya’ know, West Virginia.

Millionaire. There’s a difference between that and billionaire. You wouldn’t know either, Middle Class Murox.

And it’s luxury vinyl. Real wood is increasingly rare, even in many of the $10 million houses here. I get no benefit of one over the other. But again, why do you keep hiding from comparing the costs of our houses?

You are the king of tacky. Your clothes, your kitchen remodels of tiles to the ceiling, your bathroom . . .

“Luxury vinyl” he said! Lmao.

I just put 10,000 square feet of 5” plank natural hickory in rental units. Guess I should have looked into “luxury vinyl.” 😂

You’re such a fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88

I just put 10,000 square feet of 5” plank natural hickory in rental units. Guess I should have looked into “luxury vinyl.” 😂

You’re such a fraud.
Also, fyi, rich people don’t brag about shoes and other consumer goods, you retard. You continue to make a fool of yourself.

Luxury vinyl is a real material designation. Usually the thickest and most costly vinyl. If professionally installed, it is a beautiful floor that wears well and cleans easily.
I have seen this floor in a number of upscale houses; it is not your father’s cheap, low grade linoleum.

Luxury vinyl is a real material designation. Usually the thickest and most costly vinyl. If professionally installed, it is a beautiful floor that wears well and cleans easily.
I have seen this floor in a number of upscale houses; it is not your father’s cheap, low grade linoleum.
Luxury vinyl is what vinyl flooring manufacturers call their top line products, like how Cheerios calls it’s cereal “heart healthy.”

What ol’ birthinghips posted was not luxury anything. It’s a low grade, gray, faux wood vinyl floor. Not to be confused with manufactured hardwood, which is much more durable than real hardwood without the cheap look of vinyl.

The gray faux wood is the best. Looks so natural.

Rechargeable batteries in certain situations. But, not always. A flashlight you keep in your care just emergencies? Nope. Are you going to go charge those batteries all the time? Smoke detector? Nope. put good Duracells or Energizers in there and changed them when you are suppossed to.

Now, I have regchareable batteries in my security cameras. Why? They are going to run dead and the cost is better to run rechargeable in that type of battery. I have some battery powered spotlights. I use regular batteries in them and changed them once or twice a year. Flashlight in the garage? Duracells that have been in it for 3 years.

Batteries Plus

Rechargeable batteries work best in applications with long run times that operate at a constant discharge. Examples include toys, remotes and video game controllers. Alkaline batteries are a much better choice for low drain devices that draw small amounts of power over a longer period of time.M

The gray faux wood is the best. Looks so natural.
I’m noting trying to take up for the guy, I’m only saying that top grade vinyl flooring is not what it was a decade ago. The top brands and grades cost as much or more than many of the all wood products and are much more durable.

I’m noting trying to take up for the guy, I’m only saying that top grade vinyl flooring is not what it was a decade ago. The top brands and grades cost as much or more than many of the all wood products and are much more durable.
I am what one might call an “expert” on flooring. What birthinghips has is cheap, ugly, thin vinyl that a frat house would have in its basement.

Reactions: 19MU88
Of course. You are an expert on everything. 😁

You don’t have to be joking to be right with that. Remember his attempt at being an expert on off-the-rack suits and square toed shoes? Doh! Remember his attempt at being an expert on infectious diseases/viruses and how many of his predictions failed to come true by the time he claimed they would? Remember his attempt at being an expert on politics and who Americans would elect? Doh!

I am what one might call an “expert” on flooring. What birthinghips has is cheap, ugly, thin vinyl that a frat house would have in its basement.
Others make attempts trying to get a reaction from me. Your attempts are entirely out of pure jealousy and envy, because you constantly get reminded of how I am superior to you in everything. It’s why you do everything five to 10 years after me.

Builders in this small town don’t use cheap materials. The buyers are too discerning on those types of things. And as grandpa started to discuss, luxury vinyl (you acted like you’re not familiar, “floor expert”) is very difficult to identify vs. wood. High-end realtors have trouble identifying between the two even after doing the nail test on them.

I know the previous/original owners. They don’t do anything cheap. They moved two blocks away to a $1.2 million house due to them having another child and needing a fourth bedroom. I realize that you don’t have much familiarity with people with this net worth, but they don’t do things cheap here. They’re far too vain to allow that.

Calling it cheap shows just how much of an “expert” you are on this, like your other numerous failed attempts. Just because you live in a cheap $300k house doesn’t mean you’re an expert. I’m on a flight right now, but if I remember when I get back, I’ll take a picture of the brand and exact material so you can get the pricing of how “cheap” it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88 and murox
You don’t have to be joking to be right with that. Remember his attempt at being an expert on off-the-rack suits and square toed shoes? Doh! Remember his attempt at being an expert on infectious diseases/viruses and how many of his predictions failed to come true by the time he claimed they would? Remember his attempt at being an expert on politics and who Americans would elect? Doh!

Others make attempts trying to get a reaction from me. Your attempts are entirely out of pure jealousy and envy, because you constantly get reminded of how I am superior to you in everything. It’s why you do everything five to 10 years after me.

Builders in this small town don’t use cheap materials. The buyers are too discerning on those types of things. And as grandpa started to discuss, luxury vinyl (you acted like you’re not familiar, “floor expert”) is very difficult to identify vs. wood. High-end realtors have trouble identifying between the two even after doing the nail test on them.

I know the previous/original owners. They don’t do anything cheap. They moved two blocks away to a $1.2 million house due to them having another child and needing a fourth bedroom. I realize that you don’t have much familiarity with people with this net worth, but they don’t do things cheap here. They’re far too vain to allow that.

Calling it cheap shows just how much of an “expert” you are on this, like your other numerous failed attempts. Just because you live in a cheap $300k house doesn’t mean you’re an expert. I’m on a flight right now, but if I remember when I get back, I’ll take a picture of the brand and exact material so you can get the pricing of how “cheap” it is.
Yeah, experts can’t tell the difference between real wood and gray vinyl. What gray tree were those sourced from? How did I identify that they were cheap vinyl so easily?

Yeah, experts can’t tell the difference between real wood and gray vinyl. What gray tree were those sourced from? How did I identify that they were cheap vinyl so easily?
You didn’t. One, they aren’t gray. Two, for an “expert” to not know that wood floors can be treated and stained to have different colors further proves how clueless you are. Christ, I don’t claim to be an expert, yet I know more about floors than you do based on this conversation.

When you constantly guess, you’re going to eventually be right. It doesn’t mean that you could tell. It’s just you thinking you’re an expert on many things, constantly being wrong and laughed at, and you finally getting something right. Look at your attempt with the off-the-rack suit if you need a recent example, Murox the Moron.

You didn’t. One, they aren’t gray. Two, for an “expert” to not know that wood floors can be treated and stained to have different colors further proves how clueless you are. Christ, I don’t claim to be an expert, yet I know more about floors than you do based on this conversation.

When you constantly guess, you’re going to eventually be right. It doesn’t mean that you could tell. It’s just you thinking you’re an expert on many things, constantly being wrong and laughed at, and you finally getting something right. Look at your attempt with the off-the-rack suit if you need a recent example, Murox the Moron.
You can’t stain “luxury vinyl,” try-hard.

What ol’ birthinghips posted was not luxury anything. It’s a low grade, gray, faux wood vinyl floor.
You’re wrong again, Murox the Moron.

You’re such a fraud.

10k feet of natural wood? You realize that you’ll never get a return on that, because no renter makes a decision on if the rental has real wood, because they won’t be there 25+ years later when the benefits of wood reveal themselves. Renters aren’t going to spend more on a property with real wood over luxury vinyl. That holds even more true with the demographic you rent to.

The couple a block away from me is renting out their house for $15k/month starting in March. They, too, have luxury vinyl (according to them), and it won’t be a single deterrent to their ability to rent it out nor will they get any less for it.

Using wood instead of another high quality flooring option for who pay $1500 - $3000+ for a rental is simply asinine.

“Hey, medical student. Come pay $200 more per month for these wood floors instead of something you can’t tell the difference of.” Truly, you’ve revealed just how far out of your element you are.

And fraud? Everything you’ve attempted you’ve failed. “You just have to have a boss,” “you don’t have houses anywhere near that value,” “you don’t have those cars,” “those aren’t your diamonds,” “the diamonds are zirconias,” “those aren’t your hotel rooms,” “you don’t have that cash,” . . . and then when you’re proven wrong, you try yet another failed attempt. Envy is a bitch, isn’t it, Middle Class Murox?

You can’t stain “luxury vinyl,” try-hard.
Jesus, you can’t even follow basic logic. The point was that real wood can be stained and treated. You tried arguing that real estate agents could tell if floors were wood vs. vinyl because they are “gray.” Your exact words were “What gray tree were those sourced from?”

Wood can be treated and stained to be that color, and it’s very common. So not only was your original attempt wrong, but now you’re trying to argue about vinyl when the point was that wood can be treated and stained to a different color, moron.

• Haha
Reactions: murox
You’re wrong again, Murox the Moron.

10k feet of natural wood? You realize that you’ll never get a return on that, because no renter makes a decision on if the rental has real wood, because they won’t be there 25+ years later when the benefits of wood reveal themselves. Renters aren’t going to spend more on a property with real wood over luxury vinyl. That holds even more true with the demographic you rent to.

The couple a block away from me is renting out their house for $15k/month starting in March. They, too, have luxury vinyl (according to them), and it won’t be a single deterrent to their ability to rent it out nor will they get any less for it.

Using wood instead of another high quality flooring option for who pay $1500 - $3000+ for a rental is simply asinine.

“Hey, medical student. Come pay $200 more per month for these wood floors instead of something you can’t tell the difference of.” Truly, you’ve revealed just how far out of your element you are.

And fraud? Everything you’ve attempted you’ve failed. “You just have to have a boss,” “you don’t have houses anywhere near that value,” “you don’t have those cars,” “those aren’t your diamonds,” “the diamonds are zirconias,” “those aren’t your hotel rooms,” “you don’t have that cash,” . . . and then when you’re proven wrong, you try yet another failed attempt. Envy is a bitch, isn’t it, Middle Class Murox?

Jesus, you can’t even follow basic logic. The point was that real wood can be stained and treated. You tried arguing that real estate agents could tell if floors were wood vs. vinyl because they are “gray.” Your exact words were “What gray tree were those sourced from?”

Wood can be treated and stained to be that color, and it’s very common. So not only was your original attempt wrong, but now you’re trying to argue about vinyl when the point was that wood can be treated and stained to a different color, moron.
I can tell they are vinyl because plastic looks much different than wood, security guard.

Also, fyi, rich people don’t brag about shoes and other consumer goods, you retard. You continue to make a fool of yourself.

Let's not pretend that I only boast about my shoes. I also boast about my properties, cars, diamonds, cash (remember when I accepted your challenge and showed about $50k in cash on a bed?), lifestyle, travel, etc. It is a constant reminder to you that I am far superior in every way to you, and it eats you up.

But, oh yeah - rich people show their wealth with their vehicles. Remember when you made the foolish argument that the most common way rich people show their wealth is from their vehicles? God, that comment had such a strong hint of Appalachian $100k earners.

I can tell they are vinyl because plastic looks much different than wood, security guard.
Most people who have done any home improvement can tell the difference between wood and vinyl. That doesn’t mean one material is superior to another.
When I built, I used tongue and groove yellow pine because I wanted the rustic imperfect look. Tinted it a honey color then put on two coats of high gloss polyurethane. I wish there had been luxury vinyl when I built. All those imperfections, unlike vinyl, trap dirt.

Let's not pretend that I only boast about my shoes. I also boast about my properties, cars, diamonds, cash (remember when I accepted your challenge and showed about $50k in cash on a bed?), lifestyle, travel, etc. It is a constant reminder to you that I am far superior in every way to you, and it eats you up.

But, oh yeah - rich people show their wealth with their vehicles. Remember when you made the foolish argument that the most common way rich people show their wealth is from their vehicles? God, that comment had such a strong hint of Appalachian $100k earners.
But none of the stuff you brag about is impressive. None of your cars are impressive. None of the homes are actually yours. There are easily-verifiable ways to prove things belong to you. You are shady for a reason.

Most people who have done any home improvement can tell the difference between wood and vinyl. That doesn’t mean one material is superior to another.
When I built, I used tongue and groove yellow pine because I wanted the rustic imperfect look. Tinted it a honey color then put on two coats of high gloss polyurethane. I wish there had been luxury vinyl when I built. All those imperfections, unlike vinyl, trap dirt.

Edited.

Last edited:
Aged yellow pine, expert. Tough as oak and the rustic look I wanted. You don’t know much about flooring at all.
Apologies. I didn’t pay much attention. I thought your post was rifle and was trying to get a 10,000 word reply to keep him going.

Reactions: greengeezer
You used to boast about all of the women you conquered.

But none of the stuff you brag about is impressive. None of your cars are impressive. None of the homes are actually yours. There are easily-verifiable ways to prove things belong to you. You are shady for a reason.

So if none of them are "impressive," then why do you act like they are so impressive that they "just have to be" fake? If $250k in diamonds isn't impressive, then why would you claim they're fake? If having two properties worth at least twice as much as your house isn't impressive, and another two that are near or more than yours, isn't impressive, then why do you claim it's fake?

I mean, your best friend has already done research and vetted at least one of the properties. Is he making that up?

You used to boast about all of the women you conquered.
Yeah, that stopped because we had a narc on here. Jealous little bitches like Middle Class Murox ruin all of the fun.

You don’t know much about flooring at all.
Classic! With your age comes wisdom, gramps. Murox the Moron is the self-proclaimed expert who gets shot down far too often.

just put down around 1000 sqft of vinyl planks in the upstairs loft and 2 bedrooms about a year ago, replacing the carpet. i hate carpet. the main floor has around 1700 sqft of hickory hardwood (going to replace carpet in master bedroom with the vinyl plank, another 400 sqft, +/-, this year sometime).

i don't know whether it's luxury or for poors, but i love it. wish they had vinyl plank that nice when i built 17 years ago (maybe there was and i just didn't know it). that shit looks better than the hardwood on the main floor and just as realistic, and i'm thinking it's a helluva lot more durable, with exception of perhaps getting wet, but it's suppose to be guaranteed waterproof. that really doesn't matter unless we get caught in a hurricane and a tornado rips the top off the house, but then i'll have more than just a wet floor to celebrate.

hell, i'm not sure it's even vinyl, it looks so good.

wish they had vinyl plank that nice when i built 17 years ago (maybe there was and i just didn't know it)
Right there with you. When I built, they were just coming out with the vinyls and pre engineered flooring. I remember a Swedish company named Prego that I looked at. Very expensive and looked fake. Come a long way since then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT