ADVERTISEMENT

FCS opponent is.......

beefcake0520

Silver Buffalo
Jan 13, 2006
Morgan State of the MEAC........so another MEAC team comes to Huntington first game of the season. Thoughts?

Don't think I would consider Akron a warm up game but yeah I agree. This is something we have been missing last few years, and it used to be common practice...........having your first game as the tune up game. I don't like that first week bye though.

It is what it is. It is an 8K student ubran black college from Baltimore. Won 4 official games, plus an outlaw game, last year. The will bus over, take their asswhipping, and probably stop at Wendy's in Fairmont on the way home.

I wish UC would suck it up and go I-AA. We could play them every year.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Well Air Force wasn't too good to play them last year, I don't mind it for a tune up game. Wish it was some school a bit more local though, I think Morgan St. is in MD.

Just speculation but a good number of local FCS teams are decent, then again how local do they need to be? Personally we do not need to be playing good FCS teams, as we all know of the number of upsets they provide each year. Maybe a FCS team we have a little history with, ETSU is coming back on board with football.

Is there a reason why we havent done the more local FCS teams? EKU etc?

not sure who all falls in the local fcs teams, but for eku other than one game at miami (oh) the rest of their fbs games (and they've had a couple seasons where they played two) over the last 5-6 years have been p5 opponents, you know schools that pay more than we can offer.

not sure who all falls in the local fcs teams, but for eku other than one game at miami (oh) the rest of their fbs games (and they've had a couple seasons where they played two) over the last 5-6 years have been p5 opponents, you know schools that pay more than we can offer.
FCS teams rely on those P5 Beat downs to fund their programs.

FCS teams rely on those P5 Beat downs to fund their programs.

i'm guessing the bigger name (if that makes any sense) fcs programs can get much larger checks by going to uk, louisville, indiana, tennessee, etc. we (and a lot of other g5 programs) are stuck with meac type opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT