ADVERTISEMENT

FIU Game Thread

Could we be anymore boring on offense? I understand if you keep it vanilla because you're really good at something, but we're not especially good at anything and our gameplan from week to week is to not let our QB beat us. On 3rd and 9 we ran 4 guys out on routes and all but one stayed within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Could we be anymore boring on offense? I understand if you keep it vanilla because you're really good at something, but we're not especially good at anything and our gameplan from week to week is to not let our QB beat us. On 3rd and 9 we ran 4 guys out on routes and all but one stayed within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.
I’ll go back to what I’ve been saying since MTSU. Our coaching staff doesn’t trust our QB. There’s no way you call a game like we do if you trust your QB.

I’ll go back to what I’ve been saying since MTSU. Our coaching staff doesn’t trust our QB. There’s no way you call a game like we do if you trust your QB.

Doc’s offenses have never been about “trusting” his QB.
Even the Cato years had nothing to do with designing innovative plays to execute. Had it not been for Cato’s ability to improvise (sandlot style) on the fly with a lifelong friend and teammate at WR from his middle school days, the same would have been said then.

Doc recruits “athletes”. (I use recruiting loosely). Has he ever had a true prototype QB (game intelligence, skill, leader) starting behind center? No.

We failed to take advantage of the great field position we’ve had all game.

They have a decent QB. It was a matter of time before they got a chance to go deep. Predictably, our secondary got burnt.

This is worse than the final Snyder year. At least then we had NFL caliber players. I've supported Doc longer than I should have, up to the Cincy game, but we are bad and boring.

Green can not handle a wet football. We need massive change.

Reactions: johns1124
If we’re going to go for a deep pass, can we try a deep post or something down the middle of the field? So tired of every deep ball going down the sideline (and out of bounds).

Plot twist: Doc knows he's getting let go after the final game of the regular season so he really has no reason to care.

This is worse than the final Snyder year. At least then we had NFL caliber players. I've supported Doc longer than I should have, up to the Cincy game, but we are bad and boring.

Green can not handle a wet football. We need massive change.

The final Charlie Snyder year.

Reactions: MARSHALL77
I saw Doc look at Cramsey after a run on 3rd and 11 and ask why he called that—-not sure they’re not having some issues, Doc needs to pull the cord and let the O go nuts second half

Every time the camera picks up Holliday , he looks lost and or confused.

By the way it is pouring the rain in Lexington, probably on the way.

Reactions: Sash19
Are you kidding me - FIU scores to take the lead. TD , fumble TD great

A team winless on the road is making us look foolish again.

Have to have a TD now to win , FG wont even tie the game. Wake the F up people

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT