ADVERTISEMENT

Florida lowest cases of COVID-19 per capita. Michigan highest.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Yep. Eat that.

Lock downs and govt control don't work in the long run

Great job Florida.

Yep. Eat that.

Great job Florida.
The obvious difference - one is cold and the other is not. People crammed indoors spread the virus, regardless of vaccination status, masks, or whatever restrictions you can come up with.

The obvious difference - one is cold and the other is not. People crammed indoors spread the virus, regardless of vaccination status, masks, or whatever restrictions you can come up with.
Maybe so. But why do they give Florida so much crap?

Well, just for that, I am going to go to Florida again and spend some money.

It is kind of nice that people mostly gave up this bullshit already. Roads are full of cars, stores full of people not wearing masks.

It's nice not to wear one. Still, seeing other people with them on is freaky. I really always wanted to be the dumbest person alive so I could depend on others to show me the way. I can't depend on people who think a damn piece of paper over their face actually counts for something. Pissing in the wind.

Yep. Eat that.

Great job Florida.
Exactly. Florida made the decision to lead the nation in the COVID death rate throughout most of the COVID pandemic, so they now have one of the lowest. What is worth more, about 20,000 - 30,000 lives over a year or so, or mandating masks and social distancing? DeSantis believed those 20k 30k lives weren't worth it.

Exactly. Florida made the decision to lead the nation in the COVID death rate throughout most of the COVID pandemic, so they now have one of the lowest. What is worth more, about 20,000 - 30,000 lives over a year or so, or mandating masks and social distancing? DeSantis believed those 20k 30k lives weren't worth it.
Hahaaa. New York did such a stellar job. Florida has an older population ans transient. Also more people than New York.

So you are for

lockdowns?

What are you talking about? I’m seeing a 7 day new case average of 16,581 for Florida and 4,471 for Michigan. That still has Florida about twice as high per capita.

Forget any sort of politicalization, what are you even talking about?

B1F9XqluwtS._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71dJ-9nv0rL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UL1500_.png

It's long been part of the calculus of the shame brigade that getting covid means you did something wrong.

Didn't wear your mask right, went to the wrong place, didn't do mitigation point A the correct way.

If only you had done X you wouldn't have gotten corona.

Zero Covid is insane, as is anyone who places blame on someone unlucky enough not to dodge a viral disease.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
You have examples of this^^^??

Some of it is not "unlucky", some of it is negligence.
You have your shots and your mask and your virtue signaling. Leave the rest of us alone and let us keep the country going

Some people are never ever ever ever going to let it go

Ever

I'll never let go of how stupid it was and wonder if it can be topped. If we collectively get any dumber than this, it's game over. This is what worries me about legal dope everywhere. That's probably why we have this thing now. People want to sit around smoking dope all day, being worthless as hell and making up diseases to get paid to stay home and be afraid of catching.

You are a hypocrite and you want the govt to control you and us
You're an idiot and oath breaker, and a liar. What you really want is the freedom to make a buck in disregard to the cost of human lives. Like I've said, you're a treasonous scumbag.

You're an idiot and oath breaker, and a liar. What you really want is the freedom to make a buck in disregard to the cost of human lives. Like I've said, you're a treasonous scumbag.
Yehh freedom

I have a right to make a living just like anyone else does.

You make no sense

It's long been part of the calculus of the shame brigade that getting covid means you did something wrong.

Didn't wear your mask right, went to the wrong place, didn't do mitigation point A the correct way.

Zero Covid is insane, as is anyone who places blame on someone unlucky enough not to dodge a viral disease.
While I mostly agree, there certainly are those who were not unlucky when the caught it due to their blatant attempts to contract it.

It’s the same stupid thing we do about anything. Oh, he got lung cancer? Was he a smoker? No? Wife a smoker? No? Family members? Worked at a bar?

They just want a reason it happened to someone else but can’t happen to them. Someone was out driving too late so they got in a wreck. A girl wore something inappropriate and that’s why she got groped. Some assurance that if they do everything right nothing bad can happen to them.

But at this point damn near everybody has gotten or knows someone who has gotten Covid, so there isn’t as much of that now.

Obviously, the Darwin T-shirt is targeting folks who conducted their own "research" and didn't get vaccinated. It's common knowledge the unvaccinated are filling up hospitals and dying from COVID.

I don't doubt the "calculus of shame" exists, and you are correct; dodging a viral disease isn't always within our control.

I have several fully-vaccinated friends with a booster who got/have COVID. Now, due to their vaccinations, the cases were/are mild or asymptomatic. Other than acknowledging their bad luck, I didn't see anyone applying the calculus of shame (thankfully). Our reaction was probably more normal - reach out to see if we could bring them groceries or assist in some way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT