ADVERTISEMENT

Fmr. CENTCOM Head: ‘Political’ Decisions by Biden Caused August 2021 Events in Afghanistan — Evacuation Should Have Begun Sooner

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006

During portions of an interview with NBC released on Wednesday, former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Frank McKenzie (Ret.), who helped oversee the evacuation of Afghanistan, stated that he wishes the United States had begun to evacuate people earlier, and he believes that the events in August of 2021 were set in motion “when we decided to leave completely in April of that year. And once you make that basic decision, then events took on a certain trajectory.” And that this decision was “not a military decision. That’s a political decision.”

McKenzie said, “I wish we had begun to bring people out earlier. You always go back and you examine that. I wish we had seen that coming. I wish we had done that different[ly]. There [are] all kinds of things that I would do differently. But I would tell you, I believe that what happened in August of last year occurred when we decided to leave completely in April of that year. And once you make that basic decision, then events took on a certain trajectory.”

He also blames Trump for the mess and believes we should have maintained a troop presence indefinitely.

He also blames Trump for the mess and believes we should have maintained a troop presence indefinitely.
So. Ok. Now back to the point of thr post. Some people feel.we should have kept an outpost there

During portions of an interview with NBC released on Wednesday, former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Frank McKenzie (Ret.), who helped oversee the evacuation of Afghanistan, stated that he wishes the United States had begun to evacuate people earlier, and he believes that the events in August of 2021 were set in motion “when we decided to leave completely in April of that year. And once you make that basic decision, then events took on a certain trajectory.” And that this decision was “not a military decision. That’s a political decision.”

McKenzie said, “I wish we had begun to bring people out earlier. You always go back and you examine that. I wish we had seen that coming. I wish we had done that different[ly]. There [are] all kinds of things that I would do differently. But I would tell you, I believe that what happened in August of last year occurred when we decided to leave completely in April of that year. And once you make that basic decision, then events took on a certain trajectory.”
If the withdrawal had been done EXACTLY the same with the EXACT same results under your orange jesus, you would have been touting the withdrawal as a spectacular success and boasting how we got out of that mess with only 13 US military deaths.

If the withdrawal had been done EXACTLY the same with the EXACT same results under your orange jesus, you would have been touting the withdrawal as a spectacular success and boasting how we got out of that mess with only 13 US military deaths.
Not if what happened last year . No sir. That was a cluster ****.

Not if what happened last year . No sir. That was a cluster ****.

nope, not possible.

You dumb ass broken record

if trump would have authorized that cluster Fvck we would be saying the same thing

nope, not possible.

You dumb ass broken record

if trump would have authorized that cluster Fvck we would be saying the same thing
God hating liar and orange jesus worshipper.^^^

shut up dude, those 13 deaths shouldn't be used like that. Those death were shocking and it was a horrible time. We had a lot of sleepless nights in this area during that period. You lack of respect doesn't hold water and is disgusting(but it doesn't surprise me). That withdraw was a mess, a pure mess and no excuse for it.

shut up dude, those 13 deaths shouldn't be used like that. Those death were shocking and it was a horrible time. We had a lot of sleepless nights in this area during that period. You lack of respect doesn't hold water and is disgusting(but it doesn't surprise me). That withdraw was a mess, a pure mess and no excuse for it.

I don't make lite military deaths and that situation happened on Biden's watch and his admin's call.

I don't make lite military deaths and that situation happened on Biden's watch and his admin's call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT