ADVERTISEMENT

Ford Taurus

Walden Pond

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 8, 2007
If I had to buy me another car right now, this is probably what I would get. Seems to be the most economically priced V6 with some size to it. Anything else is either too small or too expensive. I would never get a 4 cylinder. Always thought I wanted a GMC Sierra, but that was when I was a 19 year old thinking I was going to waltz into easy riches and spend my weekends pulling a bass boat around up in the mountains.

Ford Taurus. Yep. You can get a year old one with about 20,000 miles on it pretty reasonable. These new LaCrosses and Impalas look nice, but they're too much money. I'd pay it if they were bigger cars, but they're not. You're just buying fanciness. I don't need that.

Oh, how I miss my LeSabre. It'll be the best car I ever had. This Impala I've got has hard seats. Hurts my back and hard on an ass that lost most of its padding.

You should buy it at Pinkley Ford. Nothing is better than a Pinkley Taurus.

Is the Fusion too small for you? The Fusion with the EcoBoost four is surprisingly quick. Hell, the Mustang with that turbo four is quick, but I don't want a Mustang without that V8 rumble.

We are thinking about a SUV type vehicle. We like the Flex. A couple years ago you could get a Flex with AWD and the Taurus SHO EcoBoost six. I might be looking for one of those, but they are unicorns and have kept their value. A simple tune and intake and I would have a family hauler that turns sub 13 second quarter miles. Hell yes.

Walden, have you drove the new Chrysler 300? My father in law has one, it is a damn sweet ride.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yep, Fusion's too small. And I already feel like these cars are such a downgrade that I can't go to a 4 cylinder. I had a V6 when I was a poor broke ass college kid. I'm really already thinking I'm stupid for ever wanting to make much money. What am I ever going to use it for? Probably nothing. After 7+ years of preparing to be fired and exiled to a shack, I just don't know how to deal with the possibility that it may not happen.

Chrysler 300 would be all right, but like the new LaCrosse and Impala, they're just spruced up and more expensive versions of a Ford Taurus. Just because I've hoarded money for nothing, that doesn't mean I would be proud to get ripped off. Money is like a head game. The more of it they get, the more it means I got took. I'd rather sit on it with my arms crossed than blow it like an idiot.

Have you ever driven a good turbo four? They make more torque than a non-asparated six. Torque is what you feel off the line in daily driving. The Ford EcoBoost engines have very little turbo lag, the torque is there down low.

Turbo engines have come a long way. Back in the day I had a 88 Thunderbird TurboCoupe with a five speed. The lag was pretty bad but when the turbo got spooled up that sumbitch would fly. I set my best ever Louisville to Huntington time in that car. I am sure I could beat that time in our Mustang, but I am older now, not as crazy, and the cops could hear that thing coming before they see it.

I have the 2.0 turbo in my Fusion. It's quicker than the Taurus 6 cylinder.

Fusion is smaller though. I'd take a big sluggish car if it had a couch to sit on. These seats now are uncomfortable as hell. Hard as a rock. I'm going to have to buy one of those damn memory foam pads to put on the seat like I did for my old mattress in there that's got the metal about to come out of it. $50 memory foam pad from Wal Mart at least made that bearable.

Originally posted by banker6796:
I have the 2.0 turbo in my Fusion. It's quicker than the Taurus 6 cylinder.
bank, you like that Fusion? I'm not a big Ford guy but I do like the design of that car.

And sorry I didn't make it by the CUSA Championship tailgate - no joke, I bet I stopped at six different places trying to find a damn poncho that was thicker than a dry cleaning bag. I didn't roll in until about ten minutes for kickoff.

The old man bought at 85 Taurus back in the day. I think it was the first year they made them. Hell of a good car and would run pretty good too.

Ford Taurus is a damn fine car.

I own a Infiniti G37x. Bought it with 12,000 miles on it and now have over 170,000 on it. During that time I have changed the tires, the brakes and the oil.

Great performance, can out run any Camaro, great handling, really comfortable, all wheel drive.

Beats the hell out of a Taurus....

You should buy it at Pinkley Ford. Nothing is better than a Pinkley Taurus.
Make sure you buy it from that crusty old salesman - Colonel Lingus. He loves those Pinkley Taurus's.

Wise, I do like the Fusion. I decided to get a Ford when they didn't take a bailout and waited for a year for them to come out. I believe I bought the first one in Huntington, it was the one they sent to Turnpike to train the sales staff on so it's got every option. Lots of cool stuff.

You should have just come to our tailgate. I had an extra really nice poncho you could have used and we had 5 tents set up, about 500 square feet under roof. Stayed dry all pregame.

Originally posted by WiiWii:
I own a Infiniti G37x. Bought it with 12,000 miles on it and now have over 170,000 on it. During that time I have changed the tires, the brakes and the oil.

Great performance, can out run any Camaro, great handling, really comfortable, all wheel drive.

Beats the hell out of a Taurus....
Oh yeah? Well my wife -- a girl -- drives a 481hp Mercedes C63 AMG. Bought it new and now have over 10,000 miles on it. During that time I have put fuel in it. It can outrun any Infiniti.

Beats the hell out of a G37x...

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:
And I promise you his Infiniti can not outrun "any" Camaro. Who the hell drives an Infiniti and goes trolling for Camaros anyway?
Of course it can't. I'm sorry for the tacky post; I just can't stand the idiot.

Well, at least you didn't bring up your Porsche. You still have that? Very cool color.

Well, at least you didn't bring up your Porsche. You still have that? Very cool color.
Yeah. Have a black one now.

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
I love the Ford Taurus.
Saw one up close at Meijer this morning. Looks pretty crampy in there. The console looked very intrusive.

These cars suck, but at the end of the day my choices are as follows:

1. Buy a GMC house to drive around in, costing 3-4 times more just to go up and down the road than I ever paid before.
2. Buy the kind of old boat I enjoy, but have to spend weekends waiting at the shop to get fleeced by grease monkeys.
3. Keep my Impala, then next time get a Ford Taurus and bitch about how much they suck.

This is no brainer, #3. Cheapest option and I enjoy bitching. Hell, if I had something I liked then I couldn't talk about it.

I went to college to avoid manual labor. Cars are not math equations either. Neither is my job and that pisses me off, but I have to work that. Outside of the office though, no way. Not doing any work. Won't cook, won't clean, definitely won't work on cars. That's one of the few luxuries I get out of all this, the avoidance of manual labor.

Half of the stuff I can do, I learned from was watching videos online.
I do that as well. Hell, I somehow fixed my snow blower a few weeks back, all from watching U-Tube videos. Actually felt like I accomplished something when it finally started up and worked like it was brand new.

It will break down again though, but not before a foot of snow falls overnight. I just hope one of the neighbors sees me laying out there in the snow after I croak. I don't want to be one of those old guys they find along the streets after the snow felts in May.

Walden, if you think of a mechanical process as a math equation
it pretty much is like doing math. You follow the process and get the answer.

Or be a lazy bum and give your money to someone else for something you could have done.

I am not saying you should try pulling your engine or rebuilding a transmission. But something like replacing an alternator? Shit yeah you can do that. You can do your own brakes. This stuff is easy.

Or be a lazy bum and give your money to someone else for something you could have done.
How is it bumming to pay someone?

Lazy, yes I'll admit to that. But a bum I am not. This is our system. Hell, my money ought to buy me something every once in a while. If I wasn't a neurotic psycho there's no telling what I could have. The GMC house. Double door refrigerator. I could have it all, but for some reason a number on a computer screen seems more important.

I just bought a big honkin snow blower and a load of firewood. Today it was 60 degrees in Barboursville. I am beginning to see things from Walden's point of view...

Every time I tried to do any work on cars before, I just got mad, cussed and beat the wrench on the car. Reminds me of why I pretty much gave up fishing. Too impatient. I just want everything to hurry up and get over with.

This is one of those things I'm proud to say that I will spend money on. Sparing myself aggravation. Can't put a price tag on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT