ADVERTISEMENT

Forgot the pictures

Looks like an ideal spring/summer hangout spot, Geezer. Do you ever get tempted to put a couch in there so you can spend some warm nights sleeping there?

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Looks like an ideal spring/summer hangout spot, Geezer. Do you ever get tempted to put a couch in there so you can spend some warm nights sleeping there?
I was sitting out there earlier in the day and the mosquitoes were crazy. Weather has turned hot and muggy and the bugs came with it.

I saw the headline and was hoping Sistersville was finally posting those pictures of his wife he promised us a few years ago.

Might have bad news for you geezer, but I may know you, especially if you went to GWHS. Hope not though, because most people don't want to know me.

My brothers went there, but I’m a Woodrow grad.
My apologies, but yeah I know you. There was a really nice house for sale in Rupert a couple years back, up on a hill out towards the north end of town that I still regret not buying. You taught school, right, and were friends with JM's wife that's from Rupert.

My apologies, but yeah I know you. There was a really nice house for sale in Rupert a couple years back, up on a hill out towards the north end of town that I still regret not buying. You taught school, right, and were friends with JM's wife that's from Rupert.
If it is the house I’m thinking about, you should have bought it. I remember seeing it listed in a magazine and thought, “This must be a mistake, there isn’t any house that nice in town.”

Now that you know me, I’ll have to move and change identities.

Reactions: 19MU88
Just think, Michigan. If you had bought that house, you could have invited me for a beer. We could have sat in front of your mansion, looked at the beautiful view of pastures and mountains, drank beer, and devised insulting post about the other board members.

One of the nicest features of that house is that not a lot of people know it is there. Off Ironwood Lane? I believe I heard some pharmacist and his wife bought it.

Just think, Michigan. If you had bought that house, you could have invited me for a beer. We could have sat in front of your mansion, looked at the beautiful view of pastures and mountains, drank beer, and devised insulting post about the other board members.

One of the nicest features of that house is that not a lot of people know it is there. Off Ironwood Lane?
Is this the green one with the stone columns for $500k? If so, let’s not get carried away referring to it as a mansion. A mansion has to have 7200 square feet of housing. This doesn’t even have half of that much.

I believe I heard some pharmacist and his wife bought it.
I know of another person riding on the coattails of a spouse pharmacist. Pharmacists in Huntington must not get paid as much as in Rupert, as this couple only has a $300k house.

The house I was thinking of was listed at a reduced 880k. Beautiful modern design. Surprisingly, there are a number of beautiful homes in this area. Unfortunately, many have some run down shack next door.

I became friends with an Academy Award winning writer and his wife who built a summer home in my area. They bought every run down house on their road and had them torn down.

The house I was thinking of was listed at a reduced 880k. Beautiful modern design. Surprisingly, there are a number of beautiful homes in this area. Unfortunately, many have some run down shack next door.
I only found the one at 212.

I only found the one at 212.
It has been several years since the house I’m referencing was sold. I was having breakfast and leafing through a real estate magazine when I saw it. It is so hidden that I never even knew it existed. In an area call Amwell.

This is the home I was talking about. I did some research. Sold for $509k, much lower than the original asking price.

This is the home I was talking about. I did some research. Sold for $509k, much lower than the original asking price.

Yeah, that’s the one that I had found. Big Dummy’s house is bigger than that. You don’t even have to ask him. He will just tell you.

Yeah, that’s the one that I had found. Big Dummy’s house is bigger than that. You don’t even have to ask him. He will just tell you.
One thing that this house has going for it is the location. Stunningly beautiful views. I live only half a mile away, but my views are of swamp, trees, shacks, and the original cast of “Wrong Turn.”

That's not the same house I had looked at. This one was on the north part of Rupert heading towards Kessler. Think it was selling for $225,000, but it was a steal. Best part about Rupert is Possum Holler Pizza. One of the best in my opinion.

That's not the same house I had looked at. This one was on the north part of Rupert heading towards Kessler. Think it was selling for $225,000, but it was a steal. Best part about Rupert is Possum Holler Pizza. One of the best in my opinion.
Yeah, when I realized North, it would be Anjean Rd. Many interesting houses that direction. I turned off that road recently and started up a hill with beautiful homes. It was like entering the Twilight Zone. They didn’t belong there.

How in the world did you get from this area to Michigan??

How in the world did you get from this area to Michigan??
He married a recent immigrant from Mexico. After he took her back to WV, she said, “listen, gringo. This shithole is worse than where I came from. Get me out of here or I’m headed back to Tijuana.”

He packed for the great north the next morning.

He packed for the great north the next morning.
She left too soon. Lots of Mexicans in the area now working on the farms. Don’t even try to get in a Go Mart early in the morning. Many of the workers picking up snacks for lunch.

I don’t believe many Mexicans have made it to employment with The Greenbrier. Blacks and Asians pretty much have a monopoly on that.

I don’t believe many Mexicans have made it to employment with The Greenbrier. Blacks and Asians pretty much have a monopoly on that.
That’s because Justice is smart. He knows he’s going to stiff the help and not pay them. So when blacks sue him, he will counter-sue and argue that they didn’t actually do any work. And he will end up winning, because well, ya’ know, that’s plausible.

On the other hand, if he were to make the same argument against Mexicans, nobody would believe him, since those mother fvckers work.

People in this county either love or hate Justice. If you are an organization to which he gives something (like a new basketball court at East High School), you love him. If you have to do business with him and expect to be paid, you hate him.

I am in the majority of people who have no dealings with him and couldn’t care less. My sister introduced me to him 50 years ago in front of our house in Beckley. He was a tall skinny kid. Now he’s not.

In California that’s at least a $3.5MM house.
No, it's definitely not. California is a huge state. Even SoCal has extreme differences in housing costs.

Are you including the seven acres? That's a different story. There really aren't properties in SoCal that are on land that size. But on a normal sized lot, in an upper cost area of Orange County? It's half of your estimate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT