ADVERTISEMENT

Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses

Transportation Secretary is on the case.

3ow3mi.jpg

Terrible, that's nightmare fuel.

I've never driven over that bridge, but I've sailed under it. It's huge.
i've driven over it and was surprised how long it was, 1.6 miles according to the google machine. the bay bridge is 4 miles, which is also surprising to me as i've driven over it a bunch.

only thing i've rammed on the chesapeake was one of those damn markers while crabbing. alcohol may or may not have been a factor.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Dudes had one heck of a tenure. Railway accidents, airport accidents, ships knocking knocking down bridges and EVs catching on fire or shutting down completely in big cities.
needs to stop buttfvcking transportation and keep it in the bedroom.

Reactions: 30CAT
There are a lot of things that bother me about the initial situation.

1) Why are there no bumpers on those piers? In the pictures you see the power line towers have them, but the bridge does not.

2) I am really surprised they don't use tugs there. In Norfolk they use them until the container ships are in open water.

3) I have a feeling we are going to see/hear something about delayed maintenance.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
For a summer my job was to work with data the WVDOT had collected on the condition of the bridges in WV.

Terrifying stuff.

Several years ago I was driving to Cincinnati from Chicago and like 50 miles of one interstate was closed (both directions) for bridge inspection due to substandard and non-spec concrete being used in the construction of its bridges. I actually think it was in Indiana and not Illinois.

The good news is local emergency response got the mayday and was able to stop several cars from entering the bridge pre-collision.

Still several are unaccounted for, including several from a construction crew.

Heard a ship captain on the radio. He said those ships have a backup steering and guidance system. He believes the primary failed and perhaps the backup system. He said it can sometimes take miles to stop. He said something doesn't add up.

Heard a ship captain on the radio. He said those ships have a backup steering and guidance system. He believes the primary failed and perhaps the backup system. He said it can sometimes take miles to stop. He said something doesn't add up.
It certainly does not add up.

From the video I saw it looked like the lights went out, then back on, then back out. Don’t know if that was the primary system failing twice or the primary failing then the secondary failing separately though. Would be terrible design, but I wonder if both systems had a single point of failure downstream.

The good news is local emergency response got the mayday and was able to stop several cars from entering the bridge pre-collision.

I’ve been wondering how they stopped traffic but didn’t alert the construction crews to evacuate.

The bridge was murdered three days after its 47th birthday. This did not age well.

I was on the right track but picked the wrong lie he would use.
You guys ever notice that every event like this or funeral or speaking engagement about something, Mush Brain always has a some kind of "connection" or fabrication. He even uses his son's death to fabricate a relationship during speeches. It is bizarre behavior. He has always been there or done that or crossed that bridge on a train. His house almost burned down and relates that to the Hawaii fire. He is a chronic fabricator.

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT