ADVERTISEMENT

FYI on Instate kid!

Either Roster Residents or Roster Betas who go crying home to momma because they didnt start their freshman season.

Why do you insist on being a Beta?
I'm definitely not a Beta, but I do have the ability to work with people and in groups instead of just telling everyone what to do. Why do you insist on being a cvnt?

Last edited:
Funny, but well deserved retort. Fev, like a lot of our fans get tired of these highly regarded recruits showing up and turn into "Roster Residents" that never improve and even regress.
Hey, you have a problem with me too? I could call you something but won't. I just simply believe all the garbage on here regarding all of the Martinsburg players, except for the one we offered, is garbage.

Reactions: ToesMU
You can talk all you want, but you know nothing about me. Where did you get this alpha beta crap anyway? One of your therapy sessions or some self help program you attended?

I mean I could call you another B word but I am working on my cursing in 2018

Reactions: 31Herd55
Being a good team and having players that can play at the FBS level are two different things. you can have a great team with a lot of solid guys that don't translate to the college level that is better than a team that has a decent group of players with 1-2 great players that do translate to the FBS level that carry that team.

Beckley Woodrow Wilson

Hey, you have a problem with me too? I could call you something but won't. I just simply believe all the garbage on here regarding all of the Martinsburg players, except for the one we offered, is garbage.
No, I don't have a problem with you. I actually consider you to be a valuable source of information on
potential recruits...a little too far on the cheerleader side of some issues, like Legg's Vanilla Offense, but that's an issue with 2 sides...I get that. But, as far as knowing the scoop on recruits, we get great info from you, The Fev, Cottrell, and a couple others.

No Problem with pd...even though some posters think of you as a Beta. GO HERD

Reactions: Herd Fever
FIU and Central Michigan have called since the game
FIU would be a great fit for him to haunt The Herd for 3-4 years. Could be IRONIC AND PAINFUL to the Max. Keep us posted on all the M-burg kids...The Chas. Gazette never covers them much. Thanks.

We played martinsburg in the state championship the past two years. And I can can tell you their quarterback could start for marshall this year. Kid is 6'4 football iq is off the charts. And he is very accurate. Total command of the offense.

Word out the EP........he is loyal to Shepard.....

Zilla22

Word out the EP........he is loyal to Shepard.....

Zilla22
It will be interesting. Things are changing. Shepherd has put about one kid a year in the pros for the last 5 years so they have strong sales tool that is for sure. Maybe if our coaches offered money it would change his mind?

Depends on which side of the fence you’re sitting on. If you’re a Martinsburg fan, trying to push an agenda, then yeah.
I assumed Zilla got his info from a coach but he didn't because I called someone close to the family and yes they are set on Shepherd but if something else comes around they have an interest. So no Marshall has not been in contact and really have no idea who he is. I think they may change shortly:)

I assumed Zilla got his info from a coach but he didn't because I called someone close to the family and yes they are set on Shepherd but if something else comes around they have an interest. So no Marshall has not been in contact and really have no idea who he is. I think they may change shortly:)
Which of the Martinsburg kids is headed to Sheppard?

Ok we get it you want this kid to come to MU. Well the people who get paid a lot of money to find players who can make MU a player differ. If you disagree - guess what - your not being paid to make these decisions case closed. When you get on a college staff move forward a recruit the entire M’burg team, knock yourself out. Really there are very few “hidden gems” in recruiting anymore - with technology schools can find a kid on the moon if he can play at the level they need. Also it was mentioned earlier there may be grade issues - well guess what schools really don’t screw around recruiting a walk on w grade issues. They will if he is a legit talent who would be a scholarship player if had the scores or grades - see Yulee - but a walk on level player with academic issues come on. And I stand by the poster who keeps going back to what other offers not interest do these players have. If these kids want to up third profile go to Fork Union and play a year - they will get more reps and hopefully improve their game and if needed grades. One question though is with a screen name with Eers in it why aren’t pushing WVU in them? Can we please end this nonsense. If the staff thinks they can play they will recruit them.

Reactions: ToesMU
No, I don't have a problem with you. I actually consider you to be a valuable source of information on
potential recruits...a little too far on the cheerleader side of some issues, like Legg's Vanilla Offense, but that's an issue with 2 sides...I get that. But, as far as knowing the scoop on recruits, we get great info from you, The Fev, Cottrell, and a couple others.

No Problem with pd...even though some posters think of you as a Beta. GO HERD
FWIW, I hated Legg's offense. He is a good guy, but his time is over.

Ok we get it you want this kid to come to MU. Well the people who get paid a lot of money to find players who can make MU a player differ. If you disagree - guess what - your not being paid to make these decisions case closed. When you get on a college staff move forward a recruit the entire M’burg team, knock yourself out. Really there are very few “hidden gems” in recruiting anymore - with technology schools can find a kid on the moon if he can play at the level they need. Also it was mentioned earlier there may be grade issues - well guess what schools really don’t screw around recruiting a walk on w grade issues. They will if he is a legit talent who would be a scholarship player if had the scores or grades - see Yulee - but a walk on level player with academic issues come on. And I stand by the poster who keeps going back to what other offers not interest do these players have. If these kids want to up third profile go to Fork Union and play a year - they will get more reps and hopefully improve their game and if needed grades. One question though is with a screen name with Eers in it why aren’t pushing WVU in them? Can we please end this nonsense. If the staff thinks they can play they will recruit them.
The problem is MU's staff does not even really know about him which is another concern all in itself.

because I know, but since a phone call has been made to at least get the kid looked at

With all due respect, you don’t know an ounce of what the staff is thinking. Most of the stuff you put on here about the staff is pure conjecture.

With all due respect, you don’t know an ounce of what the staff is thinking. Most of the stuff you put on here about the staff is pure conjecture.
Josh, you are a reporter, pick up the phone and call people. I found a lot of very interesting stuff with a few phone calls on Friday.

Josh, you are a reporter, pick up the phone and call people. I found a lot of very interesting stuff with a few phone calls on Friday.

So you called the Marshall staff and they responded to a complete stranger about a potential recruit?

I just read this entire thread and thought I would comment.

First as a reporter you have been given some really interesting information that honestly I think is worth following up on, but let me give you some additional information. Jalen went head to head in the state championship game against an Ohio State commit and had 19 tackles. The WV SSAC was contacted to see if that was a record. They do not keep this stat but after discussing with a reporter that production has not taken place in recent memory.

Second, the Blue Gray game MVP award was earned against ALL D1 talent. Not bad!

Third, from what I hear the family loves Marshall, but unless you have connections its hard to find a way to get in touch with the staff. Maybe you, Zilla, or someone else could help.

Kind regards

We played martinsburg in the state championship the past two years. And I can can tell you their quarterback could start for marshall this year. Kid is 6'4 football iq is off the charts. And he is very accurate. Total command of the offense.

Agreed. Good size. Good speed. He plays under pressure well (not a head case) Tons of potential!

I just read this entire thread and thought I would comment.

First as a reporter you have been given some really interesting information that honestly I think is worth following up on, but let me give you some additional information. Jalen went head to head in the state championship game against an Ohio State commit and had 19 tackles. The WV SSAC was contacted to see if that was a record. They do not keep this stat but after discussing with a reporter that production has not taken place in recent memory.

Second, the Blue Gray game MVP award was earned against ALL D1 talent. Not bad!

Third, from what I hear the family loves Marshall, but unless you have connections its hard to find a way to get in touch with the staff. Maybe you, Zilla, or someone else could help.

Kind regards

5150.....Zilla have connections to the football staff? Thanks man...but, I am just a "simple man"...I have NO influence "what-so-ever" with Doc. I made a HERD recruiter aware of a big 6'.5" intelligent QB from Charlotte Latin (his brother is the 2-year starting QB at Virginia)...that the young man has decided to walk on to Davidson basketball and give up football. I have no idea where that information ended up?

Thanks for the compliment...or was it=== sarcasm/irony, on your part?

Zilla22 from Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT