ADVERTISEMENT

Game tonight

MStap

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2009
Anywhere to watch the game tonight for those of us with Comcast in the Huntington area?

Watched the entire game, we have 3xs the amount of talent then UTSA. It seemed like all we wanted to do was shoot fast in transition (with no one underneath to rebound) or attempt an alley opp...which I’d say we probably went 3/10 on. This team will be lucky to get to 20 W’s if this is how we continue to rebound both sides of the ball.

Coach wasn't very happy with his team! Total lack of focus and that's not acceptable!​

Well that completely sucked in every conceivable way. We looked like a leg-weary team for the first 30-minutes of the game and tried to pull it out with some effort the last 5 minutes. Danny D cannot be happy with that performance - Peneva had good numbers but played like a Euro for this first time in a long time, Burks played like the invisible man, and we just looked tired. Not the refs fault tonight (although they sucked as usual).

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Well that completely sucked in every conceivable way. We looked like a leg-weary team for the first 30-minutes of the game and tried to pull it out with some effort the last 5 minutes. Danny D cannot be happy with that performance - Peneva had good numbers but played like a Euro for this first time in a long time, Burks played like the invisible man, and we just looked tired. Not the refs fault tonight (although they sucked as usual).

He definitely doesn't go "hard" to the basket on some of his close in shots. Should have been dunking all over the place against this team. Instead, on many of his close in shots, he hit the bottom of the backboard, clanked off the rim, etc. Product of his lack of bulk and strength, I guess. He has very long arms, but if he was stronger his vertical leaping ability would be a lot better, IMO. I just don't think he has very good leaping ability at 6'9".

He definitely doesn't go "hard" to the basket on some of his close in shots. Should have been dunking all over the place against this team. Instead, on many of his close in shots, he hit the bottom of the backboard, clanked off the rim, etc. Product of his lack of bulk and strength, I guess. He has very long arms, but if he was stronger his vertical leaping ability would be a lot better, IMO. I just don't think he has very good leaping ability at 6'9".
Danny is a believer that if you have an open shot, you take it. No matter the shooter or from where on the floor. That is the way he wants to play. He is the one that has a job on the line so I will allow him to run the offense he chooses to run. Watching practice we all know that EVERY player on the team is capable of making 3's. They spend hours each week practicing that very thing. And yes, Iran and Levi practice that way too.

I do think we are overdoing the alley-oops. The turnovers were terrible, self-inflicted for the most part! Penava has to realize that if he going to take it coast to coast, he can’t go into a stationary defender! Looked like Jon flopped on that elbow brush.....

I think its reasonable to cut Penava some slack on not finishing in the post above the rim... he is still playing on a bad wheel and it is MUCH easier to jump on the pick and roll lob play. He looked like he had tired legs and Danny does have our starters log a TON of minutes... couple that with still trying to get over the high ankle sprain and its a little understandable.

Reactions: sistersville
Danny is a believer that if you have an open shot, you take it. No matter the shooter or from where on the floor. That is the way he wants to play. He is the one that has a job on the line so I will allow him to run the offense he chooses to run. Watching practice we all know that EVERY player on the team is capable of making 3's. They spend hours each week practicing that very thing. And yes, Iran and Levi practice that way too.

When all that dazzling practice performance that wows you daily, HerdMeister, starts to CONSISTENLY translate to better GAME performance, then maybe the Herd will find real success in Division 1 basketball and impress the basketball world like it does a few regular spectators at practice sessions!!!

When all that dazzling practice performance that wows you daily, HerdMeister, starts to CONSISTENLY translate to better GAME performance, then maybe the Herd will find real success in Division 1 basketball and impress the basketball world like it does a few regular spectators at practice sessions!!!
Are you one of the people who thought it was absurd for James Kelly to be shooting threes for half of the year?

Yeah, glad we continued to let him shoot 3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Funny how when Doc and the football team lose a game they never should, the ENTIRE AD needs fired...
But when Dan and the Basketball team lose a game they never should, "Its okay, its nobody's fault really."

Dan has just as much talent as anyone in CUSA, this loss came down to poor preparation, on the coach, and terrible execution overall.

With about anyone else coaching the team, people would have made threads calling for their head, or questioning their legitimacy in coaching.

Reactions: sistersville
But...but...but Danny is such a good guy!!! No way its his fault!!!

Funny how when Doc and the football team lose a game they never should, the ENTIRE AD needs fired...
But when Dan and the Basketball team lose a game they never should, "Its okay, its nobody's fault really."

Dan has just as much talent as anyone in CUSA, this loss came down to poor preparation, on the coach, and terrible execution overall.

With about anyone else coaching the team, people would have made threads calling for their head, or questioning their legitimacy in coaching.

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

oldeherd - Does it make you "feel" better to denigrate other posters comments on this board? Get over yourself! We all have opinions. You E-ores mope around this website trying to infect the whole crowd with that rainy day attitude. Go HERD or go home, I say.
WS[/QUOTE}

W-S, this is an OPINION BOARD!! Who the hell appointed you the "Opinion Nazi" and Censor in a Brown Shirt? I imagine you did the goose step while typing your tirade!!

Some of us who don't consider reports on MU practices to the end all and gospel truth indicating that the Herd is right on the verge of taking on Golden State, Villanova and Duke on the same day and vanquishing ALL 3!!

Not denigrating anyone. Just saying that when Herd's GAME PERFORMANCE consistently reaches the level that some report they observe daily in practice, then maybe the Herd will achieve the REAL success that we all want to see.

Until then, the opinions on MU basketball will vary, which apparently is NOT to your liking!! Too Darn Bad!

Reactions: MARSHALL77
i am against shooting wide open shops without any body in position to rebound. Thats not; fundementally sound

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
I agree.

I’m also a big fan of peach baskets, Chuck Taylor All-Stars, and nut hugger shorts.
Im also against the three point line. Go watch a 6th 7th or 8th grade game. Fundamentally unsound but they shoot the three. Im also against not blocking out. Im for passing instead of drippling. Im for playing defense. Also backboards are expensive, try using them. 30 yrs of zero visits to the big dance but by golly we shoot the three and dont play defense.Herd fans like sean hammond makes as much sense as a hog wearing a wrist watch..

Reactions: Sash19
Are you one of the people who thought it was absurd for James Kelly to be shooting threes for half of the year?

Yeah, glad we continued to let him shoot 3s.
Yea led us to the big dance.Bet u hate wv hammonds you goof they play defense. You sound like the interm coach in Hoosiers that gene hackman replaced. Shoot, quit passing, shoot, shoot if you dont shoot you cant score. Same ignorant crap in your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sash19

All4TheHERD.
.....you need a new handle (sign-in name)...It should be #Allpisson DD &The HERD....HATERS will always HATE because you are JEALOUS of Dan D'Antoni.....you're not difficult to figure out....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

i am against shooting wide open shops without any body in position to rebound. Thats not; fundementally sound
Well, I thoroughly enjoy watching the Herd play basketball. I guess that's why I go to so many games home and away. If you don't like it, then you would be crazy to waste your money.

Im also against the three point line. Go watch a 6th 7th or 8th grade game. Fundamentally unsound but they shoot the three. Im also against not blocking out. Im for passing instead of drippling. Im for playing defense. Also backboards are expensive, try using them. 30 yrs of zero visits to the big dance but by golly we shoot the three and dont play defense.Herd fans like sean hammond makes as much sense as a hog wearing a wrist watch..

Now sisters....someone piss in your Kentucky Turnips? Chill man...this is not like you. BTW...I purchased you a fine hooker from Morgantown...be on alert...she will be knocking on your door soon. Please be advised...she has no teeth...but a good "kissin' woman" does not need her teeth anyway (wink--wink).

Zill22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
I have a beautiful wife. I knew u would take this wrong. Im not against dan at all. Im against the way basketball is taught in america today to our youth. I think the herd is fun to watch. I should not have beat up on the herd using them as an example. I was serious about shooting the three with nobody to rebound. Old school works. Thanks for the tiny verbal butt kicking u gave me.You are good hearted zilla.

Well, I thoroughly enjoy watching the Herd play basketball. I guess that's why I go to so many games home and away. If you don't like it, then you would be crazy to waste your money.
Its not a waste of money for me. I have too much fun watching. I know how much you love dan and the team. I dont want to be negative towards anything that is loved by any one on this site.Yet at times I do. The flesh is weak. Give me a pass herdmeister i was born in new martinsville by a dr Gordon.

Ugly game on the offensive end. Burkes and Watson missing front of 1-1's kind of summed up our performance. However, hard to get too upset with a win at UTEP no matter their record. Now we get a chance to come home and get back in the flow vs the two Florida teams. At the end of the day the 4 seed is well within reach and that should be our ultimate goal at this point. Looking forward to driving up from SC and attending the game Saturday. Go Herd.

Brando - agree 100%. Perhaps the UTSA loss gave the team a much-needed wake up call. They handled a ice-cold shooting WKU more easily than ours. They could be a dark-horse in the top 4 race. We just have to hold serve the next 2 & get ready for the 2nd of 3 Texas swings. I am thinking of coming up for ODU. Go Herd!!

I have a beautiful wife. I knew u would take this wrong. Im not against dan at all. Im against the way basketball is taught in america today to our youth. I think the herd is fun to watch. I should not have beat up on the herd using them as an example. I was serious about shooting the three with nobody to rebound. Old school works. Thanks for the tiny verbal butt kicking u gave me.You are good hearted zilla.

Sisters.
..today's game has changed since most teams employ the 3-ball...guy shoots from downtown and the other 4-players haul ass to defend. Not many offensive rebounds today.

"Good Hearted ZILLA" from Charlotte...he he he

GO PATRIOTS....

Brando - agree 100%. Perhaps the UTSA loss gave the team a much-needed wake up call. They handled a ice-cold shooting WKU more easily than ours. They could be a dark-horse in the top 4 race. We just have to hold serve the next 2 & get ready for the 2nd of 3 Texas swings. I am thinking of coming up for ODU. Go Herd!!

UTSA just handed WKU another loss Saturday.....

Zilla22

Zilla the game will evolve back to more fundementally sound basketball. Remove thev3vpoint line and the game improves. Jabbar and Jordan scored so many points not shooting 3's. Curry does both. Shoots inside shots with grace. The kid from oklahoma is the same way. Jabbar had the most beautiful shot ever. Why young big men dont work on that is they want to shoot 3's too. Why not each team line up and have a three point shooting contest. Just do away with all that silly pick and rolls. Backdoor cuts---No more. No more cross overs. No more passes for layups off picks.

Zilla the game will evolve back to more fundementally sound basketball. Remove thev3vpoint line and the game improves. Jabbar and Jordan scored so many points not shooting 3's. Curry does both. Shoots inside shots with grace. The kid from oklahoma is the same way. Jabbar had the most beautiful shot ever. Why young big men dont work on that is they want to shoot 3's too. Why not each team line up and have a three point shooting contest. Just do away with all that silly pick and rolls. Backdoor cuts---No more. No more cross overs. No more passes for layups off picks.
Mike brought the style to the NBA that is now being used by many teams. It isn't going away anytime soon. It is exciting and sells tickets. I love the way we play. The old stand on the low post and shoot hook shots are past, than goodness.

Im ashamed of you greenduke.i really am. You and zilla might have just retired me from here.

For future reference around Huntington, Herb Stanley down at The Union on Fourth Avenue can usually get the away games up. no mater what the origination. A bunch of us have been meeting down there to watch them. Only will cost you a round of beers to join the inner circle...Ha!

For future reference around Huntington, Herb Stanley down at The Union on Fourth Avenue can usually get the away games up. no mater what the origination. A bunch of us have been meeting down there to watch them. Only will cost you a round of beers to join the inner circle...Ha!

Herb may also have the largest collection of polos from every sports team in America, lol.

Im ashamed of you greenduke.i really am. You and zilla might have just retired me from here.

Sisters....Why would you claim that I==== (Zilla22)......may just have retired you from HerdNation postings? I have your back...usually! That has to be between you & greenduke!

Zilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT