ADVERTISEMENT

Glass half-full Herd fan here…….

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
So, if, before the Norfolk St game kicked off, you were hoping we would be 2-1 going into week 4, then by all rights you should be a happy camper this morning!
I’m not saying there aren’t issues. There are multiple issues! But this is only week #4. Reading these emotional posts, one would think we are at the post mortem stage, mid December after another disappointing loss in the Sonic Cheese Fries Bowl!!
I still believe Huff has surrounded himself with enough talent, on the field, on the sidelines and up in the press boxes to get us to 8 or 9 wins this year. Especially if Ali gets back say, by the Wednesday night game vs UL. I know these types of losses are humiliating, confounding & maddening! Been through this now going on 55 seasons! “Trust the Process”
is being trashed on here, but, really, what choice do we have? I sincerely doubt anyone on here is actually “done” with this edition of the Thundering Herd. I know I am not!
Go Herd! Let’s go HERD!!
WS

Reactions: HerdOn555
While losing to Bowling Green is disappointing, what will be more telling is how we respond this week... Before the season I had 4 games circled that I felt like would "decide" the season, meaning the difference between 5-6 wins and potentially 8-9 wins. This Troy game is on that list (along with Coastal, Georgia Southern and JMU).

What you guys fail to understand is when we beat Notre Dame it changed the narrative of this season. I don’t think anybody expected us to beat Notre Dame but when we did in the nature that we did it. It was no fluke we just beat them man to man. It changed the dynamic of expectations if the season. We were getting national press that honestly we have rarely seen even during our glory years.
Losing to a bad Bowling Green team destroyed all of that momentum and took the narrative from why not us for the access bowl to man maybe that was a fluke. The national press is hammering Notre Dame more now that we lost to BG saying how did you lose to Marshall they can’t even beat Bowling Green. This wasn’t a loss to Appy or Louisiana or even Troy. This was a loss to a very bad BG team. So yeah it will probably take a few weeks before everybody can settle back into well we can still win the SBC when there were much bigger prizes out there.

What you guys fail to understand is when we beat Notre Dame it changed the narrative of this season. I don’t think anybody expected us to beat Notre Dame but when we did in the nature that we did it. It was no fluke we just beat them man to man. It changed the dynamic of expectations if the season. We were getting national press that honestly we have rarely seen even during our glory years.
Losing to a bad Bowling Green team destroyed all of that momentum and took the narrative from why not us for the access bowl to man maybe that was a fluke. The national press is hammering Notre Dame more now that we lost to BG saying how did you lose to Marshall they can’t even beat Bowling Green. This wasn’t a loss to Appy or Louisiana or even Troy. This was a loss to a very bad BG team. So yeah it will probably take a few weeks before everybody can settle back into well we can still win the SBC when there were much bigger prizes out there.
You bought the hype after Notre Dame?... At no point was this MU team going undefeated.

We beat the least talented Notre Dame team in 15 years... a ND team that should be 0-3 (luckily for them Cal wore down in the 4th quarter). Notre Dame being overrated in the rankings is an every year occurrence, and yes the national press is going to continue to hammer them (they will lose to Clemson, USC, BYU and possibly others).

Notre Dame was exciting, it was the coolest sporting event I have ever seen in person. It was a great win for our guys and they absolutely deserved to win. That said, this ain't Brian Kelly's Notre Dame. They look awful, and by the end of the year that win is not going to be "impressive."

Losing to Bowling Green sucks, the same way losing to any team with "less talent" sucks (MTSU and Charlotte come to mind over the last 5 years or so). But sitting here sulking about missed opportunities isn't going to change the outcome. We pulled an upset, then we got upset, it happens... Unless you are Bama or UGA and you just hammer everyone by 40 until you play each other.

Reactions: marshallsig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT