ADVERTISEMENT

Good times at Marshall.

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Our soccer team made it to the Sweet 16, our basketball team is 6-1, and our football team recovered from a potential meltdown and is sitting at 8-4 and headed to a bowl. We have money allocated to finally build a baseball stadium to boot. I have felt for a long time that we (Marshall) does a fantastic job with the resources we have to work with. Finally, we are in a conference that I am happy to be in for the long haul.

And the academic progress made in recent years is equally impressive. Reading the latest MU alum magazine gave me great pride in our university. And with Brad leading the way, I believe it will only get better. Would love to see Danny get us into the Big Dance again this year. Wouldn't that be something!!

Our soccer team made it to the Sweet 16, our basketball team is 6-1, and our football team recovered from a potential meltdown and is sitting at 8-4 and headed to a bowl. We have money allocated to finally build a baseball stadium to boot. I have felt for a long time that we (Marshall) does a fantastic job with the resources we have to work with. Finally, we are in a conference that I am happy to be in for the long haul.
You're too positive. Can someone que up Sammy and his constant drivel of negativity to really get this thread going in the right direction.

Great post. We do a great job considering a small core fanbase and poor area.
Thank gosh we have some very well connected and loyal alums/donors.

Reactions: ohio herd
You asked.

- Football. Won one we should not have, lost at least 2 we should not have. Solid B- kind of season. Next year will be a year for judgement.

- Basketball. We really haven’t played anybody. Queens is a total embarrassment. We really will not be tested. The SBC is a bottom conference. Teams in bottom conferences should play above their level several times in the non-conference. I made fun of the “one time we had a 8 day…” bit but it really is true now. It is win the SBC tournament and get seeded maybe 15th or not.

- Soccer. The most surprising thing in my Marshall sports lifetime. We have the facility and are paying the coach as much as big name schools do, so he should stay for a while. Solid A season.

- Baseball. I would love to be wrong. Hope I am. Believe it when I see it, or at least an executed and stamped set of plans.

- Academics. MU is, by far, the best college in the state, and the state’s only real hope for a better future. The academics are growing exponentially, which show what can happen when the Charleston elite are overturned with new people, and the WVU choke hold is broken. We need to get enrollment up. IMHO, three things. There is a PERCEPTION that Huntington is dangerous. It really isn’t but the TV news that half the state gets reports on things too much. Also, MU is just a lot harder than the state colleges. If you just want a piece of paper and don’t really care if you learn a marketable set of skills, well, they have lots of places that they give away papers. And lastly, of course, is the number of potential students declines every year. Fixing the state’s problems is above my pay grade.

You asked.

- Football. Won one we should not have, lost at least 2 we should not have. Solid B- kind of season. Next year will be a year for judgement.

- Basketball. We really haven’t played anybody. Queens is a total embarrassment. We really will not be tested. The SBC is a bottom conference. Teams in bottom conferences should play above their level several times in the non-conference. I made fun of the “one time we had a 8 day…” bit but it really is true now. It is win the SBC tournament and get seeded maybe 15th or not.

- Soccer. The most surprising thing in my Marshall sports lifetime. We have the facility and are paying the coach as much as big name schools do, so he should stay for a while. Solid A season.

- Baseball. I would love to be wrong. Hope I am. Believe it when I see it, or at least an executed and stamped set of plans.

- Academics. MU is, by far, the best college in the state, and the state’s only real hope for a better future. The academics are growing exponentially, which show what can happen when the Charleston elite are overturned with new people, and the WVU choke hold is broken. We need to get enrollment up. IMHO, three things. There is a PERCEPTION that Huntington is dangerous. It really isn’t but the TV news that half the state gets reports on things too much. Also, MU is just a lot harder than the state colleges. If you just want a piece of paper and don’t really care if you learn a marketable set of skills, well, they have lots of places that they give away papers. And lastly, of course, is the number of potential students declines every year. Fixing the state’s problems is above my pay grade.
Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I don’t understand some people. Sam your like an abusive husband constantly pointing out your wife’s flaws, belittling her in public yet staying with her. Please file for divorce.
MU PIKE-----This made me pee my pants chuckling with laughter [Please file for divorce]........TO BE CONTINUED!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT