ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Everyone

Aaron Perkins

Jan 9, 2006
Huntington
It is great to be back. It has been a long time. Most of you know me, most of you have argued with me, most of you have disagreed with me on a lot of things, but I hope one thing we can always agree on is our love for Marshall.

Thank you to Chris and the others here at HN for welcoming me back and allowing me to take part in this site. I hope to be able to provide you all with practice reports, recruiting updates, and anything else you may want to here. I hope to be able to bring over a few of the little analysis's I did over at my old site, such as the recruitnik piece, etc.

I will do my best not to bring up and support Mark Snyder and/or Bob Marcum. That is a goal, not necessarily a promise, so I apologize in advance if I should happen to fall off the wagon.

I cannot guarantee you that I will not be critical of you if you miss a game for a wedding (of non blood relatives) or because you are mad at the team, or have better ways to spend your money. I will however do my best to keep that over on the free board!

I am known to pump green smoke, and take many swigs out of the old bottle of kelly green kool aid. I will do my best, and I think I have done thus far, keeping that to a minimum in your reports. Point blank, there is a ton of talent, young and old on that football field. There will be attrition over the coming 12 months, simply has to be. No one wants to go to a school and set forever. Doc promised us years ago he was not going to build us a team, he was going to build us a program. He has delivered. Like him or not, he could retire tomorrow, or take another job tomorrow, and the next coach would walk in and be set. Unlike what took place up north this past off season.

Since my departure years ago, I am now a father of three. We have a 15 yr old and an 11 yr old, and now we have a 19 MONTH old. Oops. The first two were named after Marshall, my son being Dalton Marshall, and my daughter Peyton Greenley. Well, child number three, a girl, got the full monty of Marshall names, Greer Pennington. Most of you may know in our wedding vowes, my wife and I had "through Marshall wins and losses," and my great times four uncle was George Ford, the first head football coach at Marshall.

My first games were in 1985, both football and bball against Western Carolina, football ended in a tie. Strange, especially ironic now that years later I found out my relation to Coach Ford, who is the all time leader at Marshall in ties.

Well, enough about me. I would love to hear a little about you guys if you get a chance in this thread. First game, what your favorite smell is at games, family ties, etc.

I am a short, fat, bald, mortgage loan officer who loves my family and Marshall.

Thanks again for having me!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News