ADVERTISEMENT

Herd fever

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Was that the first time you saw Peneva Live? I watched him several times but never against the Big men wv has
You thought he looked slow or does he just not play hard enough in transaction

I firmly believe that Adjin leaves a bunch of his defensive skills on the bench due to concerns about fouling out...when he is playing with the big boys. I can see that being both positive (we're not that good without him) and bad.

Penava isn't exactly a jumping jack. Probably about a 6-8 inch vertical. He needs to work on that with his strength, etc. I think his problem in that area is that Adjin relies too much on extraordinarily long arms mostly in defending, rebounding, etc. Just think how much more effective and potent he would be with about another foot or so on his vertical leap and another 25 pounds of bulk/muscle!!

Reactions: Herd Fever
Penava isn't exactly a jumping jack. Probably about a 6-8 inch vertical. He needs to work on that with his strength, etc. I think his problem in that area is that Adjin relies too much on extraordinarily long arms mostly in defending, rebounding, etc. Just think how much more effective and potent he would be with about another foot or so on his vertical leap and another 25 pounds of bulk/muscle!!
ANd if he would actually learn to play Defense instead of trying to draw a charge so much?

I dunked two hands with ease in the 8th grade. So did two teammates.
All of us are very white. Lol.
I was point guard on a good 8th grade team. I had future all state Richard Summers on a wing. Yet at Hot rod HUNDLEY basketball camp I made the 10 man all star team and Summers didn't. 2 days after camp we moved to Kentucky. Richard did score 73 points for old sistersville high. I was playing far better competition here in the southern wv and eastern Kentucky. Won a game of horse at camp against Archie Talley if that rings a bell.

Penava was CUSA Defensive Player of the Year.

Tough crowd.
He was against weaker teams than WV. He was the most improved player in conference USA. He just didn't have it the other night. I still can't believe how WV's defense eat Elmore alive. Like I said they made Peneva bring the ball up the floor. A lot of times when Elmore brings the ball up court he doesn't pass but gets of good shots and Layups. Not against WV. Mountaineers could win it all if the shoot well.

He was against weaker teams than WV. He was the most improved player in conference USA. He just didn't have it the other night. I still can't believe how WV's defense eat Elmore alive. Like I said they made Peneva bring the ball up the floor. A lot of times when Elmore brings the ball up court he doesn't pass but gets of good shots and Layups. Not against WV. Mountaineers could win it all if the shoot well.

WVU is a unique/tough match-up for most teams in the country, not just Marshall. There may not be a better defensive duo in all of college basketball than Konate and Carter.

There's a reason they were in the top 10 a good bit of the year. They're very good.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I was point guard on a good 8th grade team. I had future all state Richard Summers on a wing. Yet at Hot rod HUNDLEY basketball camp I made the 10 man all star team and Summers didn't. 2 days after camp we moved to Kentucky. Richard did score 73 points for old sistersville high. I was playing far better competition here in the southern wv and eastern Kentucky. Won a game of horse at camp against Archie Talley if that rings a bell.

AT was a heckava ball player probably a top ten all time small college guard. Set scoring records before the three was available.

Penava had 18pts, 6reb, and 6 assists.
Konate had 8pts, 7reb, and 2 assists.

Penava guarded Konate, Konate didn’t guard Penava because it took him away from the basket (he guarded Williams). Why are we talking like Konate dominated Penava in the game? If wvu stayed in their man defense, Marshall would have kept eating them up. It’s not a knock against wvu, but through about 6 minutes of action, we made “Press Virginia” go to a 1-2-2 zone because they couldn’t defend our space. Again, not a knock against wvu, so don’t even go there. It’s just a tough matchup for any man defense who has big men—that’s why we’re the only team during regular season to beat MTSU (2X)...and So Miss spaces the floor too.

Credit wvu for going zone. That’s always been our kryptonite.

Reactions: pdbailey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT