ADVERTISEMENT

Herd vs Ga St

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Decent 1st half. Too many to’s! As usual Kurfman needs about 5 misfires before he hits one. Good spurt at the half, leading 43-37.

Herd now tied for 2nd at 10-4. Troy beat UL by 15 today. Need to take care of business at home this week to shore up a top 4 spot.
Mathematically we can still finish anywhere between 1-8 in the seeding... Realistically, we are looking between 2-5 at this point. A win over Georgia Southern would go a long long way to locking up a top 4 spot... Especially because JMU and ODU, the two teams right behind us in the standings, play each other Thursday.

I'd like to avoid ULL if at all possible, until we get to the tourney finals.

I'd like to avoid ULL if at all possible, until we get to the tourney finals.
I’m not sold on them being the toughest out. So Miss playing awfully well. The only way we avoid them in the semis is to finish #4…..
As a side note - not many on here could’ve imagined having this conversation after our opening game loss to Queens.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I’m not sold on them being the toughest out. So Miss playing awfully well. The only way we avoid them in the semis is to finish #4…..
As a side note - not many on here could’ve imagined having this conversation after our opening game loss to Queens.
I think Southern Miss is a better all-around team than ULL... But in terms of matchup, ULL is not a good matchup for us. Their bigs are tough, physical and experienced. They pushed our guys around like middle schoolers last meeting and there isn't much game planning that is going to overcome that.

I think Southern Miss is a better all-around team than ULL... But in terms of matchup, ULL is not a good matchup for us. Their bigs are tough, physical and experienced. They pushed our guys around like middle schoolers last meeting and there isn't much game planning that is going to overcome that.
Agree 100%. We handled USM well here. But ULL presents a different challenge for us.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I said after the Queens game , one game does not make a season. As for the tournament it is a tossup . Marshall could win it if the right guys shoot the ball , Taylor takes his good shots not those way away from the basket hook shots, OAK does not shoot threes . Most of all the TEAM has to rebound better.

That could still come back to bite us in the ass...

Not that it matters, but we are Top 50 in college basketball at offensive rebounding percentage at 47th.

Our offensive rebounding rate is at 31.6%.
And we are 174th in rebound margin for the season with a +1.0 margin

In conference play, our rebound margin is -1.5, which would rank 265th

*per the NCAA website

And we are 174th in rebound margin for the season with a +1.0 margin

In conference play, our rebound margin is -1.5, which would rank 265th

*per the NCAA website
True, but you’re looking at the total rebounding margin. My post is regarding offensive rebounding rate due to the original poster’s complaint about not having bodies in the paint when we take 3pt shots. Totally different things.

We are a pretty good offensive rebounding team. We are NOT a good defensive rebounding team.

True, but you’re looking at the total rebounding margin. My post is regarding offensive rebounding rate due to the original poster’s complaint about not having bodies in the paint when we take 3pt shots. Totally different things.

We are a pretty good offensive rebounding team. We are NOT a good defensive rebounding team.
My point being OAK should be picking and rolling more and trying more to get into position to rebound instead of looking to shoot threes. He did this pretty well in the last game. Many other games not so well. Our defensive rebounding has not been good with teams that like to crash the glass on the offensive end. I feel like OAK is the key to us having a great strech run. He needs to concentrate on quick picks and getting in place to rebound and block out better on defense. The other guys will do their job I believe.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT