ADVERTISEMENT

Hyundai Genesis

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
While in Park City, I was given the use of a Hyundai Genesis EV, because ya' know, rich.

I was thoroughly impressed with this car. The paint color was unique. The extended moon roof was a nice touch. The interior was top-of-the-line in terms of aesthetics and add-ons. Most impressive was a "Boost" button that put the car in turbo for 10 seconds each time you touched it. The boost was unbelievably quick, providing nearly 500hp and putting the 0-60 time at 3.7 seconds.

I had a hot mid 20s girl ask me if it was the new Bentley since it looked so nice and due to the Hyundai symbol looking similar. I had a nearly toothless woman come to my car at 7-Eleven and ask how much it was and what it was. Even the valet at the 5-star resort said "I haven't seen one of these before, the manufacturer is 'Genesis'? This is a nice looking ride."

Anybody have a newer, EV version of this? I won't laugh at you poors anymore if you have one:

Reactions: ohio herd
When I’m trying to impress my best and wealthiest clients, I always make sure to put them in a Hyundai as well. Yep, nothing says “high class” or “rich” like a Hyundai.
His one week at the Stag Lodge was almost as much as the car.

He could have taken that $22,000 he spent at the Stag Lodge and invested it.He could have stayed at the Deer Hoof Inn at $1,600 a night and invested the rest and made money. He could have then taken that money and rented something better than a Hyundai.

When I’m trying to impress my best and wealthiest clients, I always make sure to put them in a Hyundai as well. Yep, nothing says “high class” or “rich” like a Hyundai.
It’s a $65k car. Free charging at the hotel’s valet. What type of vehicle do five-star hotels give to you?

Oh, and would you like to see how much I was charged for the suite, valet parking, food, etc.?

As I said, the richer I get, the more things I get for free. It’s not right.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
While in Park City, I was given the use of aHyundai Genesis EV, because ya' know, rich.

I was thoroughly impressed with this car. The paint color was unique. The extended moon roof was a nice touch. The interior was top-of-the-line in terms of aesthetics and add-ons. Most impressive was a "Boost" button that put the car in turbo for 10 seconds each time you touched it. The boost was unbelievably quick, providing nearly 500hp and putting the 0-60 time at 3.7 seconds.

I had a hot mid 20s girl ask me if it was the new Bentley since it looked so nice and due to the Hyundai symbol looking similar. I had a nearly toothless woman come to my car at 7-Eleven and ask how much it was and what it was. Even the valet at the 5-star resort said "I haven't seen one of these before, the manufacturer is 'Genesis'? This is a nice looking ride."

Anybody have a newer, EV version of this? I won't laugh at you poors anymore if you have one:

Awesome Great Job GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

• Haha
Three nights at a five-star property in a penthouse suite, three breakfasts, a dinner, valet parking, and my total charge came to $72.

Everywhere I walked, it seemed like every employee would say “good afternoon, Mr. K, may I assist you with anything?” And that’s uncomfortable, because the wealthy people who are guests there observe that I get preferential treatment, and then I have to feel awkward when they all start asking who I am, can anticipate them eventually coming up and trying to converse with me, and then dodging them as I see they are approaching.

I may have to start having 24 hour security outside of my suites from now on.

I just got home from Dallas a couple of hours ago, and now I have to go to Prague, Vienna, Paris, and Brussels in two days. I’m hoping that I won’t attract so much attention overseas, but I doubt it. The good thing is that a couple of popular musicians want to meet up with me while I am over there, so hopefully the attention they receive will block it from me . . . but I doubt it.

• Haha
Three nights at a five-star property in a penthouse suite, three breakfasts, a dinner, valet parking, and my total charge came to $72.

Everywhere I walked, it seemed like every employee would say “good afternoon, Mr. K, may I assist you with anything?” And that’s uncomfortable, because the wealthy people who are guests there observe that I get preferential treatment, and then I have to feel awkward when they all start asking who I am, can anticipate them eventually coming up and trying to converse with me, and then dodging them as I see they are approaching.

I just got home from Dallas a couple of hours ago, and now I have to go to Prague, Vienna, Paris, and Brussels in two days. I’m hoping that I won’t attract so much attention overseas, but I doubt it. The good thing is that a couple of popular musicians want to meet up with me while I am over there, so hopefully the attention they receive will block it from me . . . but I doubt it.

So you're someone who complains about everything to get it greatly discounted or free?

You remind me of this gay couple I know. These dudes start calling the moment they land to get whatever they can mooch from the airline.

did you take one of those time share tours?

Super Nintendo, sega genesis. When I was dead broke, man, I couldn’t picture this.

Hyundai/Kia hired people from Audi and BMW's M division. It's not surprising that their higher end stuff is really nice.

Their biggest problem has always been shitty suppliers of parts for their more mundane products. See the Theta II engine fiasco, caused by the supplier of the camshafts.

While in Park City, I was given the use of a Hyundai Genesis EV, because ya' know, rich.

My wife pointed one of these out to me the other day. She told me that might be her next car

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT