ADVERTISEMENT

I’m done with John Holiday.

marshallisqbu

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2006
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
I’m done with John Holiday. We need to move on. Coming in second in the division repeatedly, flat games against big name opponents, excuses about why we need more money to compete, and his lack of championships are all getting old.

It’s time for a change. The program is stale and he has not shown the ability to win or even play for championships consistently. Other coaches in the league have come in and played for titles while we are staying in our second place cusa division spot.

Way to go John Holiday. Good luck on winning another bowl game while we remain mediocre in a mediocre league. I’m finished.

I’m done with John Holiday. We need to move on. Coming in second in the division repeatedly, flat games against big name opponents, excuses about why we need more money to compete, and his lack of championships are all getting old.

It’s time for a change. The program is stale and he has not shown the ability to win or even play for championships consistently. Other coaches in the league have come in and played for titles while we are staying in our second place cusa division spot.

Way to go John Holiday. Good luck on winning another bowl game while we remain mediocre in a mediocre league. I’m finished.

But, but, but....do you go to QB club meetings? If not, you need to be going to tell Doc personally that he sucks, amirite Coach Stowers

But, but, but....do you go to QB club meetings? If not, you need to be going to tell Doc personally that he sucks, amirite Coach Stowers

If you want to be heard, then yes. It’s much more effective than hiding behind a screen name and calling someone a minion.

In person or online the powers that be don’t care what anyone that doesn’t consistently write checks with multiple 0’s......it’s comical....even then they know it all and feel you should be chastised for doubting them and their “success.”

In person or online the powers that be don’t care what anyone that doesn’t consistently write checks with multiple 0’s......it’s comical....even then they know it all and feel you should be chastised for doubting them and their “success.”

I’m not saying that your opinion will immediately become a priority, but I’m telling you that it’s the best way to gain influence.

I’m not saying that your opinion will immediately become a priority, but I’m telling you that it’s the best way to gain influence.

Some don't have the option to attend games and BG events. Especially, those not local. Does not mean they are more or less inaccurate in the perceptions of the situation.

Some don't have the option to attend games and BG events. Especially, those not local. Does not mean they are more or less inaccurate in the perceptions of the situation.

In those cases, you’re really limited then.

Money and face time are the two biggest difference makers and that goes for all of college athletics, not just Marshall.

stop giving your hard earned cash and set at home. buts not in the seats always works because that = CASH BABY. Something Marshall loves.

stop giving your hard earned cash and set at home. buts not in the seats always works because that = CASH BABY. Something Marshall loves.

Bingo.

Send Mike H an email and tell him that you intend on no longer buying football season tickets, BG event tickets, etc, unless changes are made.

If changes are not made... Follow through and stop opening our wallets.

I'll go be a pass on being a fan. I'm not one to say what constitutes a fan but your answer clears it up for me. I just wish some folks would report reality vs worrying about losing their credentials. We obviously need change

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Meaning? I'm just not finishing paying the Student Loan off.

I think i get your point, but your logic is flawed... You paid 40k to get a degree, which you did. That is paying for a service.

If you want to be involved in the realm of athletics, then yes BG donations, season tickets and face time with other donors/administrators is the only way to have any pull.

Reactions: Josh Stowers
I'll go be a pass on being a fan. I'm not one to say what constitutes a fan but your answer clears it up for me. I just wish some folks would report reality vs worrying about losing their credentials. We obviously need change

There are some realities that cannot be reported. Some of those realities affect the results, therefore you get what you see.

LY, people pinned most of our offensive issues on Coach Legg and I told them they were wrong. Well, how do they feel now?

That’s just one instance of such.

The best way to gain influence at this point is to hit them where it hurts. The wallet. Money drying up at this point is the only way there will be change. Might be harsh, but it is true.

Ok, then why was he subsequently fired if the Offensive problems was not all on him? Why didn't someone else take the shoe?

I’m not going to rehash the issues of last year. I was just using that as an instance of stating truths that were unpopular....very similar to my posts about IG earlier in the season.

I’m not a big donor and most my money goes to my kids and paying for fever to attend ncaa tournament games.
giphy.gif

You forget what school you're talking about and where it's located.

Look, I give you shit, but I respect you for your loyalty and commitment to Marshall, but only a select few donors have any true influence. Going to QB Club meetings and telling Doc like it is will only result in getting your ass banned. That's all.

You forget what school you're talking about and where it's located.

Look, I give you shit, but I respect you for your loyalty and commitment to Marshall, but only a select few donors have any true influence. Going to QB Club meetings and telling Doc like it is will only result in getting your ass banned. That's all.

I’m not saying you should go in guns blazing. I’m saying by doing so, you may begin to understand more things that you question. It at least gives you a forum to ask the questions you want asked instead of complaining that others do not. If you get banned, then you’re right back where you started except you’ve at least made your feelings known.

Reactions: johns_1124
I remember reading Doc's comments in what I believe was his first season when we were playing the likes of Houston (with Keenum), Ohio State, etc. He made comments like there are no moral victories, we need some athletes, etc. His comments have certainly evolved. I'm not so much disappointed in him over today's loss. It would be like being upset with my son losing a chess match to a grown man. VT, by virtue of being in the ACC, gets better recruits than us. So it's hardly an even fight- especially on their field.
I'm more put out by our losses to Southern Miss and MTSU and our inability to win more than one championship in Doc's tenure.
Doc was right. There are no moral victories. I think it would be the honorable thing for him to step aside and let someone else take the reins. Marshall and Huntington did right by him giving him the chance he's had.

Wow, all this again because we lost to VaTech at their place with a week knowing their on the schedule, and a lousy 8 and 4 record, with a bowl game to be announced tomorrow.I want better too, I really do. But for goodness sake, can we ever be realistic when we do bitch. This wasn't the day to bitch, this was a day to ask when the heck we'll ever have CBs, Safeties and LBs who won't bite on the RPO/PAP.

Well, I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1995. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 16 years. I attend no less than one or two road games per year. I’m a Big Green member. I attend as many BG functions as possible. Etc......
Be careful what you type out on message boards, Dukie, as @GreenDuke reads this forum, and he may nark on you to Coach K, and let him know your twitter account is nothing more than blue devil croth sniffing.

Be careful what you type out on message boards, Dukie, as @GreenDuke reads this forum, and he may nark on you to Coach K, and let him know your twitter account is nothing more than blue devil croth sniffing.

Hahaha....I’ve been a Duke fan for a shade longer than I even knew Marshall existed.

I seem to recall doc in his speech thankful for the job said he'd take us to being a top25 program or something to that. We were ranked once? He has failed..... In any other job would be
replaced.or any respectable program

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I seem to recall doc in his speech thankful for the job said he'd take us to being a top25 program or something to that. We were ranked once? He has failed..... In any other job would be
replaced.or any respectable program

I remember him saying some of Snyders players made him sick and I think he used those words.

Well, I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1995. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 16 years. I attend no less than one or two road games per year. I’m a Big Green member. I attend as many BG functions as possible. Etc......
And don't know anymore than you do?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT