ADVERTISEMENT

I’m done with John Holiday.

In person or online the powers that be don’t care what anyone that doesn’t consistently write checks with multiple 0’s......it’s comical....even then they know it all and feel you should be chastised for doubting them and their “success.”

I’m not saying that your opinion will immediately become a priority, but I’m telling you that it’s the best way to gain influence.

Based upon experience, I will respectfully disagree

What is it about folks who find it self-gratifying to call someone by a name he / she doesn't use? Do you actually hate the guy so bad you can't call him by the name he chooses? Anyway, I doubt he cares what you call him, so if you get off on it, keep it up.

I can’t wait to see where this goes.
This is probably a good time where you admit to the board what most of us already know. That being, you're a former team manager in high school that washed jock straps for a living. You know absolutely nothing about sports, other than what you sniff on dirty jocks worn by others.

There are some realities that cannot be reported. Some of those realities affect the results, therefore you get what you see.

LY, people pinned most of our offensive issues on Coach Legg and I told them they were wrong. Well, how do they feel now?

That’s just one instance of such.

Josh, in the past I've always taken your comments as begin pretty much down the middle, and if anything played pretty close to the chest. This comment however is pretty telling and I get the feeling that the curtain is beginning to get pulled back a bit.

Josh, in the past I've always taken your comments as begin pretty much down the middle, and if anything played pretty close to the chest. This comment however is pretty telling and I get the feeling that the curtain is beginning to get pulled back a bit.

It’s probably a little misleading, but it’ll become clearer I think.

There are some realities that cannot be reported. Some of those realities affect the results, therefore you get what you see.

LY, people pinned most of our offensive issues on Coach Legg and I told them they were wrong. Well, how do they feel now?

Even if Doc was holding Legg back, he still wasn't going to be anything but mediocre. We made the right move to at least try and get someone better. If Doc is too dumb to let the man do his job, then that's on Cramsey. He should tolerate it just long enough to go somewhere else, as he should.

Even if Doc was holding Legg back, he still wasn't going to be anything but mediocre. We made the right move to at least try and get someone better. If Doc is too dumb to let the man do his job, then that's on Cramsey. He should tolerate it just long enough to go somewhere else, as he should.

I never mentioned Doc’s name once.

It’s probably a little misleading, but it’ll become clearer I think.

Thanks for the reply. It's just so frustrating watching a team that you know has the talent to produce much better outcomes, not do so, year after year. It's not like the old 1AA days when playing an NC State, Va Tech, Michigan State, etc... were realistically viewed as money games, a necessity to help keep smaller programs afloat. But those teams at least produced an effort in prep and performance, vastly superior to these past years... To repeatably stub our toes against conference teams with arguably interfere talent and to get absolutely man handled by the bigger names on our schedule is just so disappointing.

Reactions: ThunderStruck1992
We have not fully recovered from 2016. Our defensive backfield is still not suited to man to man coverage. We still have issues at QB. Those are the glaring problems preventing us from winning this conference and beating average P5 programs. Cramsey can only do what his personnel are capable of, meaning the issues at QB likely hold him back right now. I think we found our running backs and the line seems to be playing with a purpose now. Our defense, as good as they are in the front 7, they are just as bad in the back end. No we aren't a team deserving of a crown yet. Doc has to recruit the glaring issues better, project players aren't going to cut it. I can think of one project player on the team that panned out, obviously that is Bee. I do blame Doc for recruiting vital positions but I can not blame him for the lack of execution that has been shown over and over on the field. Whether we need new position coaches or some above average recruits is to be seen. One thing I don't understand is why Davis was the go to back for more than half the season, and when it wasn't producing, why didn't we insert King more and try Knox in that span. Knox is the hidden gem and the go to back imo. That issue is one I have reservations about. Mindset of running into a brick wall over and over instead of trying a different tool or different route. Our offense could have been much better if we would have made those changes earlier in the season.

Fuller needs to back off the defensive backs and get a coach who knows how to teach pass defense. Fuller also needs to start defending the middle of the field. We get torched by every qb that can throw an accurate ball across the middle.

After Doc our biggest liability is our pass defense.

If we as fans want change there is only one way to get it... Stop writing the above mentioned checks.

The only thing that matters is money.
Stop buying tix, yes, but to not support the Big Green hurts EVERY athlete at Marshall. That pays for scholarships.. With out that then the university general fund has to pay them. That causes shortages and means our teams have to take more buses and less airplanes or less food, etc.

Stop buying tix, yes, but to not support the Big Green hurts EVERY athlete at Marshall. That pays for scholarships.. With out that then the university general fund has to pay them. That causes shortages and means our teams have to take more buses and less airplanes or less food, etc.
Well, that is what will make change. Hate to say it. When it hits them in the wallet like that then Old Main will wake up. Until, they won't. I am not worried about D1 athletes having to take a bus and frankly about their scholarships. Marshall will come up with those.

Well, I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1995. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 16 years. I attend no less than one or two road games per year. I’m a Big Green member. I attend as many BG functions as possible. Etc......
~
I certainly do NOT know you or anything about you (other than some of the posts you have made)….but what type of job do you have that pays well enough to be able to donate AND buy season tickets AND go to SOME away games, food, fuel, etc. AND buy/rent a home, raise a family, work a full time job, utilities, raise a child/children and untold other life expenses?

~
I certainly do NOT know you or anything about you (other than some of the posts you have made)….but what type of job do you have that pays well enough to be able to donate AND buy season tickets AND go to SOME away games, food, fuel, etc. AND buy/rent a home, raise a family, work a full time job, utilities, raise a child/children and untold other life expenses?

Not speaking for Josh but its called budgeting......You use your discretionary dollars as you see fit after taking out the non-discretionary funds for every day life expenses.

~
Is this a joke or are you under the impression that our only donors are Chris Cline and Brad Smith?

~

What type of job do I have?

I hold the title of Grandmaster in Excel.

Reactions: pdbailey

The issue is Doc, not sure why this so difficult to understand.

~

giphy.gif

Well, I’ve only missed 3 home games since 1995. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 16 years. I attend no less than one or two road games per year. I’m a Big Green member. I attend as many BG functions as possible. Etc......

Josh...You are a good fan
.......even though you got me banned for 3-months! I'm BACK

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte.....................BEAT the BULLS

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
For many of you that still back Doc answer this question? Even though Doc has won 8 or more games for several years, since being here just how many schools really came knocking down his door to hire him. Hamrick extended his contract way to many years out just because of rumors Pitt was looking at him, but in reality they really never planned to hire him. His judgement of recruits is ridiculous when you sign 25 letter of intents and less that 40% actually show. Yet a major of walk on's actually come and wind up being starters. His choice of coaches has been terrible for the most part and there evaluation of starters is even more. Yet the biggest question is the relationship he has with the fans. Each year more and more fans have failed to return to see the game and many which have supported the past teams even through the bad times. The game is no longer fun now to watch, so as a fan, I want to see a change.

For many of you that still back Doc answer this question? Even though Doc has won 8 or more games for several years, since being here just how many schools really came knocking down his door to hire him. Hamrick extended his contract way to many years out just because of rumors Pitt was looking at him, but in reality they really never planned to hire him. His judgement of recruits is ridiculous when you sign 25 letter of intents and less that 40% actually show. Yet a major of walk on's actually come and wind up being starters. His choice of coaches has been terrible for the most part and there evaluation of starters is even more. Yet the biggest question is the relationship he has with the fans. Each year more and more fans have failed to return to see the game and many which have supported the past teams even through the bad times. The game is no longer fun now to watch, so as a fan, I want to see a change.
Actually, over 90% of signees enroll at MU and over 51% of recruits stay in the program for 4 years and 36% for 5 years. We have had 25 walk-ons earn a scholarship in the recruiting classes from 2010-2016. That's a little over 3 a year, which is good, but they only make up a small portion of the roster.

His judgement of recruits is ridiculous when you sign 25 letter of intents and less that 40% actually show. Yet a major of walk on's actually come and wind up being starters
This is WILDLY inaccurate.

A majority of walk-ons become starters? Newsflash, but a majority of walk-ons don't last a full year in the program let alone become starters. The only former PWOs starting right now are Gant, Johnson, Madden, Beardall and LeFevre.

And you can't possibly believe only 10 recruits in each class end up as members of the football program. You just can't.

This is WILDLY inaccurate.

A majority of walk-ons become starters? Newsflash, but a majority of walk-ons don't last a full year in the program let alone become starters. The only former PWOs starting right now are Gant, Johnson, Madden, Beardall and LeFevre.

And you can't possibly believe only 10 recruits in each class end up as members of the football program. You just can't.

Chris, article entitled "Marshall signing class 2015" in the February 5th, 2015, Charleston Daily Mail, contained 25 names. This season, 2018, would have been the normal 4th year (senior) for those 25.

On the 2018 roster were Simino Walden, Ty Tyler, Alex Locklear, Channing Hames, Marquis Couch, and Levi Brown. Players who played in prior seasons, but no longer around in 2018 include Emanuel Byrd, Chase Litton and perhaps Damien Dozier and Raylen Elzy (not sure if these last 2 saw much action, if any, for the Herd).

Any idea on what happened to 2015 signees Hakeem Bailey, Leron Carn, George Davis, Von Davis, Larry Dunnon, Kelvonte Gallmon, Doyle Grimes, Antonio Howard, Jason Jean, Roosevelt Lawrence, Latrell Nieves, Reggie Rogers, Devontre Tyler, Delvin Weems and Reese Wooten???

For whatever reasons, 6 players out of 25, or less than 25 percent, around in season 4 after signing LOIs. Don't believe if this level of attrition continues over several successive seasons that you can build and sustain a successful program at a pretty high level, or even at the caliber and level of current CUSA football!!!

Reactions: FballMD
Hakeem Bailey, Leron Carn, George Davis, Von Davis, Larry Dunnon, Kelvonte Gallmon, Doyle Grimes, Antonio Howard, Jason Jean, Roosevelt Lawrence, Latrell Nieves, Reggie Rogers, Devontre Tyler, Delvin Weems and Reese Wooten

Bailey went JUCO and ended up at WVU.

Leron Carn enrolled as a NQ and left after a couple seasons.

George Davis enrolled as a NQ and left after a couple seasons.

Von Davis would’ve enrolled as a NQ, but his grants didn’t come through. Not sure where he ended up.

Larry Dunnon never enrolled.

Keivonte Gallmon never enrolled and ended up at Delta State I believe.

Doyle Grimes enrolled and left after a couple seasons.

Antonio Howard enrolled, tore his ACL, failed out of school, went JUCO, and is now at Texas A&M.

Jason Jean enrolled, tore his ACL, and left school after one season (I think).

Roosevelt Lawrence went JUCO.

Latrell Nieves never enrolled.

Reggie Rogers enrolled for summer classes and left Marshall before pre-season started.

Devontre’a Tyler is Ty Tyler’s older cousin and played here two seasons after enrolling as a JUCO prospect.

Delvin Weems left Marshall after a few seasons.

Reese Wooten enrolled as a NQ and never made it to his first practice.

That’s off the top of my head so take it for what it’s worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT