ADVERTISEMENT

I am gonna blow a gasket

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Just got word that we all have to go "volunteer" our time to help so called poor people, aka bums as Walden says, on a project better their lives.

How is volunteering when we are told to do it? Apparently this a pet project of the boss. Well, I don't give a damn. That's on him. Probably a tax write off anyway.

Plus, I guess I am little calloused and skeptical. Let's do these projects for people that will just trash it and never really earned it. I am guess I am a little harsh because a lot of come from parents or grandparents who were dirt poor and nobody built them shi* and handed it to them.

Companies are nothing by suck ass places. They can flip off. Build the shi* yourself if you care. I don't. Makes them look good and gives them a tax break. Spoiled rich people feeling guilty. I don't. I am from WV and we earned it.

I am all for charity, but this is horseshi*.

Bums and guilty rich people.

This post was edited on 1/16 3:02 PM by i am herdman

My current employer offers one day per year "off" for a day of charity. I'd truthfully rather spend the 8 hours chained to my desk, as usual.

Originally posted by i am herdman:
I am from WV and we earned it.
Isn't this like the sorority chick claiming she is a virgin because she found Christ, even though she was mounted by the entire basketball team? WV ranks very high in receiving freebies from Uncle Sugar.

Originally posted by HRHF:
My current employer offers one day per year "off" for a day of charity. I'd truthfully rather spend the 8 hours chained to my desk, as usual.
Mine does as well.

I guess it depends on the charity or non-profit that you are volunteering with.

My wife has been in non-profit for years with several different organizations and helping her has been very rewarding for both myself and my kids. (Make a Wish, Domestic Violence Shelter, and The Alzheimers Assoc.)

My daughter interns with Developmentally Disabled Children during the school year and volunteers one day a week with an Adult Disability Daycare Program in the Summer. She loves it.

Volunteers are the backbone of any non-profit organization.

Originally posted by CockyHerd:
I guess it depends on the charity or non-profit that you are volunteering with.

My wife has been in non-profit for years with several different organizations and helping her has been very rewarding for both myself and my kids. (Make a Wish, Domestic Violence Shelter, and The Alzheimers Assoc.)

My daughter interns with Developmentally Disabled Children during the school year and volunteers one day a week with an Adult Disability Daycare Program in the Summer. She loves it.

Volunteers are the backbone of any non-profit organization.
I agree Cocky, but herdman has a point. Charity work should be voluntary and not at the mandates of an employer. I would not be happy if I was put in a position by my employer to "volunteer" for charity so that they could reap the good will brownie points. C

That is my point. If they said boys we need some help that is one thing. Show up or else is another. They signed up for it. Not me.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

That is my point. If they said boys we need some help that is one thing. Show up or else is another. They signed up for it. Not me.
Show some balls and stand up for yourself, quit being such a vagina.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by herdfan06:

Show some balls and stand up for yourself, quit being such a vagina.
wink.r191677.gif
I don't get mad. I get even.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT