ADVERTISEMENT

I Do Not Usually Agree With the Folks At Vox...But This is Spot On

I understand the point of the article but I'm not sure that it is bringing all of the dynamics into the argument. I would suggest that the French satirist didn't exercise the right to free speech because they had that right, but rather because they felt compelled to do so because of the barbarism of the Islamic extremist. Their cartoons weren't as much them confirming their right to free speech as it was them striking back using the only tools at their disposal.

To suggest that these men's cartoons were expressions of free speech at the expense of millions of innocent Muslims who found them "deeply offensive" is off the mark by miles. If Christians can peacefully object to such shock art as "P*** Christ" without the compulsion to behead and maim people in retaliation, then the supposed Muslim majority that everyone exclaims shouldn't be lumped in the same category as the extremist should be able to do so as well.

Let's call this for what it is. Yeaterday's barbarism wasn't the act of the offended. It was the work of a small group of people who have discovered that they can garner power and political clout by using religion to unite the masses. History is full of people who have successfully rose to power under the guise of religion. But the people calling the shots in organized terrorism have much more self-serving intentions than protecting their religious beliefs. It would be naive to believe differently.

Originally posted by GK4Herd:
I understand the point of the article but I'm not sure that it is bringing all of the dynamics into the argument. I would suggest that the French satirist didn't exercise the right to free speech because they had that right, but rather because they felt compelled to do so because of the barbarism of the Islamic extremist. Their cartoons weren't as much them confirming their right to free speech as it was them striking back using the only tools at their disposal.

To suggest that these men's cartoons were expressions of free speech at the expense of millions of innocent Muslims who found them "deeply offensive" is off the mark by miles. If Christians can peacefully object to such shock art as "P*** Christ" without the compulsion to behead and maim people in retaliation, then the supposed Muslim majority that everyone exclaims shouldn't be lumped in the same category as the extremist should be able to do so as well.

Let's call this for what it is. Yeaterday's barbarism wasn't the act of the offended. It was the work of a small group of people who have discovered that they can garner power and political clout by using religion to unite the masses. History is full of people who have successfully rose to power under the guise of religion. But the people calling the shots in organized terrorism have much more self-serving intentions than protecting their religious beliefs. It would be naive to believe differently.
People would be surprised at the number of these people.

Everyone has to get over this is a small group mentality. There are more of them what people think. I know people who are combating these people. They are dangerous and they are here, on our soil.

Also, people need to get over this moderate stuff and this that or the other. They can't even clean up their messes and control their own people. They also use moderate as a front and the moderates are funneling information, money, eyes and ears to terrorists, Plain and simple.

My suggestion is to understand these people, all of them, for what they are. To understand that pure evil exist. They want to destroy your way life.

If you don't have a way to protect your or your family then you are behind the curve. Evil exists in the world.

The fight is coming to America.

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Everyone has to get over this is a small group mentality. There are more of them what people think. I know people who are combating these people. They are dangerous and they are here, on our soil.

Also, people need to get over this moderate stuff and this that or the other. They can't even clean up their messes and control their own people. They also use moderate as a front and the moderates are funneling information, money, eyes and ears to terrorists, Plain and simple.

My suggestion is to understand these people, all of them, for what they are. To understand that pure evil exist. They want to destroy your way life.

If you don't have a way to protect your or your family then you are behind the curve. Evil exists in the world.

how many of these people are out there?

Originally posted by herdit44:

If they had the means to do it, they could have a nice size invasion on one of our coasts.

Sleeper cells is US, thousands.

let's say there's 100,000 of these people in the us. that's probably significantly high, but we'll go with it anyway. based on us population that means that roughly 0.03% of the population would be one of these terrorists. i don't know about you, but i would consider 0.03% a very small group.

Originally posted by herdfan429:
Herdit it took what 12 people to kill 3000+ on 9/11. Just saying
great story!

do you think 0.03% of the population is a small or large group?

Depends on context. Going strictly based on math no it's not a large group but considering what I posted above that group if mobilized could do significant damage. Do you think the 100000 troops that landed on the beaches of Normandy was a small or large group?

Depends on context. Going strictly based on math no it's not a large group but considering what I posted above that group if mobilized could do significant damage. Do you think the 100000 troops that landed on the beaches of Normandy was a small or large group?
i would 100,000 is a small-ish group of the actual number of troops that landed on normandy and were involved directly in the d day assault.

let's say there's 100,000 of these people in the us. that's probably significantly high, but we'll go with it anyway. based on us population that means that roughly 0.03% of the population would be one of these terrorists. i don't know about you, but i would consider 0.03% a very small group.
Well maybe but 9-11 was carried out by what, 19 goat f****ers?

Think about that for a minute.

i would 100,000 is a small-ish group of the actual number of troops that landed on normandy and were involved directly in the d day assault.
10 terrorist go into Huntington Mall on a crowded day. What do you think could happen?

10 terrorist go into Huntington Mall on a crowded day. What do you think could happen?
you said, "People would be surprised at the number of these people. Everyone has to get over this is a small group mentality. There are more of them what people think"

i'm just pointing out that you're full of sh*t on that point. they are a small group. there aren't some huge number of them when compared to those unlike them. they're a very small minority.

i've not once disputed that a small number could cause harm. only pointed out your exaggeration and fear mongering.

It's going to come down to how many of our liberties are we willing to give up. (ie: Freedom of worldwide travel to and from the US)

If in the future, you choose to travel to the Middle East or Asia, are you willing to be detained and questioned upon your return? Would you be okay if your name was added to a government watch list for a period of time?

Then how do we deal with the so called Home Grown Terrorists?

The hell with a useless pipeline.....Congress needs to address immigration and national security now!

you said, "People would be surprised at the number of these people. Everyone has to get over this is a small group mentality. There are more of them what people think"

i'm just pointing out that you're full of sh*t on that point. they are a small group. there aren't some huge number of them when compared to those unlike them. they're a very small minority.

i've not once disputed that a small number could cause harm. only pointed out your exaggeration and fear mongering.
I am not try to fear monger. You prepare your way and I will prepare mine. It is not an exaggeration. There are thousands of them here and sleeper cells. I am not counting the ones abroad. Hell, ISIS is likely bigger than a US Army division. Now thing of all the other cells.

You do have to get over the small group mentality. It doesn't take a lot of guys to ruin your day or mine.

I am telling you when they start that shi* here and Obama or our leaders start the PC talk, the men who took an oath to defend this country are going to mop up on these muslim assholes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT