ADVERTISEMENT

I guess we know the answer: We WILL pay!! Next game Tuesday night...

Southern Conference adopted 3.pt. shot in 1980-81. Ronnie Carr of Western Carolina was the first to make a 3 pointer.

muthed:
FYI:
The statistic was first recognized in the 1986–87 season when 3-point field goals were officially instituted by the NCAA.[1

muthed:
FYI:
The statistic was first recognized in the 1986–87 season when 3-point field goals were officially instituted by the NCAA.[1

Let me try to clear this up as it is confusing. To the best of my memory the SC experimented with the 3 point shot for four seasons then stopped for the
84-85 and 85-86 seasons. Then when the entire NCAA went to 3 pointer beginning for the 86-87 season of course that included the SC. So I’m pretty sure Skip’s last two seasons included 3 pointers.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Let me try to clear this up as it is confusing. To the best of my memory the SC experimented with the 3 point shot for four seasons then stopped for the
84-85 and 85-86 seasons. Then when the entire NCAA went to 3 pointer beginning for the 86-87 season of course that included the SC. So I’m pretty sure Skip’s last two seasons included 3 pointers.

I agree. The assertion is that Skip played his 1st 2 seasons w/o the benefit of the 3 pt shot. I believe this is true....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT