ADVERTISEMENT

I would love to schedule WVU while Huff is under contract.

Could the mods just lock or delete this dumbass thread?

It's been around a few days now and the smell is starting to draw ERR fans.

After they have someone help them read it, they're going to return to their board, declaring the entire Marshall fanbase wants to play them again, just because a few people ITT are saying we should.

Firs, let me say I am a "die hard" MU fan since 1965!!! Looks at the competition that WVU has played since that time and have won many, many games since then. Yes, they are a much larger school than MU....BUT they also have had many more ALL AMERICANS in all of their sports than MU, much larger attendance in all of those sports, better facilities (except the football practice building), they are in (and have been) a much better conference, they have better attendance at all away games (bowls, tournaments, etc.) than MU. In reality we just don't compare for the most part......BUT I AM STILL A "DIE HARD" MU FAN, but I open minded enough to see the overall BIG PICTURE. Let's Go Herd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Finnius
Wvu should absolutely drop penn state bama Virginia tech pitt or maryland and replace with Marshall
Nah but how about some of those mighty opponents like Towson, Long Island, Albany, Robert Morris, Duquesne etc or even the future road trip to ECU. SIDE NOTE - - how does wvu manage to find so many programs that I didn't even realize played football?

For the record, I did say wvu shouldn't schedule us now that they are in the B12 the way the schedule shakes out. They didn't really have a legitimate excuse pre-B12. Now it makes more sense for them not to play us even though it could probably be done occasionally but would require us to back off of our 1-1 stance and them to back off of their always up here in the hole stance. But let's not act like their out of conference schedule is loaded full with PSUs and VTs.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
...But let's not act like their out of conference schedule is loaded full with PSUs and VTs.
Ok, WVU's future out of conference schedules aren't fully loaded with PSU and VPI, but those schools are certainly featured. The typical WVU schedule consists of 11 P5 schools and 1 FCS. WVU is fully booked thru 2024:
9/4 at Maryland
9/11 Long Island
9/18 Virginia Tech

9/3 at Pitt
9/17 Towson
9/24 at Virginia Tech

9/2 at Penn State
9/9 Duquesne
9/16 Pitt

8/31 Penn State
9/7 Albany
9/16 Pitt

Robert Morris
9/13 Pitt

9/5 Alabama
9/19 at East Carolina

9/4 at Alabama

Ok, WVU's future out of conference schedules aren't fully loaded with PSU and VPI, but those schools are certainly featured. The typical WVU schedule consists of 11 P5 schools and 1 FCS. WVU is fully booked thru 2024:
9/4 at Maryland
9/11 Long Island
9/18 Virginia Tech

9/3 at Pitt
9/17 Towson
9/24 at Virginia Tech

9/2 at Penn State
9/9 Duquesne
9/16 Pitt

8/31 Penn State
9/7 Albany
9/16 Pitt

Robert Morris
9/13 Pitt

9/5 Alabama
9/19 at East Carolina

9/4 at Alabama

do you have a point? I'm fine not playing and stated wvu should not now that in B12.

you have 9 conference games, that leaves you 3 to schedule each year with some good 1-1 opportunities for P5 peers plus a rent a win or two. I guess flexibility depends on how many home games wvu needs and what years they get 5 home conference games and the years they only get 4. You guys really dig low for the rent a wins, if I was a wvu fan I'd be disappointed in the likes of towson, robert morris etc. I am old enough to recall the days that wvu proudly proclaimed they don't play FCS (1-aa at the time) but then again, that's when we were in 1-aa.

WVU is never going to play us again, they want to ride off into the sunset undefeated in the series. WVU has no reason to play Marshall. UHERD it here first!

WVU is never going to play us again, they want to ride off into the sunset undefeated in the series. WVU has no reason to play Marshall. UHERD it here first!
No need for us to either. The sooner this discussion ends the sooner the eerdiots can return to their echo chamber.

the question isn’t when or if we should play each other. the question is when do the eerdiots stop worrying about MU and stopping by this forum? Honestly I thought B12 membership might do that but it appears we are living in their heads forever.

The thing is they SHOULD play. And not for any reason of mutual hatred or anything else. Its simple geography and in state money and rivalries help as well. Pitt should always play Penn State. Ohio State should play Ohio or Cincy every year (they do), Kentucky should play WKU or Marshall or someone of the like. Yes the P5 schools should also play other non conference P5 schools.

I would love for Marshall's non conference schedule to be:

Kentucky
OU (or Cryami)
WVU

I would love for WVUs non conference schedule to be
Marshall
Pitt
VT

I mean it is cool as hell that WVU is doing home and homes with Penn State and Bama, and I also find it really cool Marshall is playing Boise St, but I also love the local rivalry and local geography games. I mean quite frankly Marshall/OU is way more interesting than playing Charlotte or Rice

Reactions: herdalicious
wvu and/or UK are the two best home games Marshall could have. The wvu/MU game generates excitement acros the state and the MU/UK game would generate tons of excitement across southern WV and eastern KY. both would be packed stadiums here and there. however, they aren't interested so in the meantime we will book similar schools (stadium size) like NC State, Purdue, and UL etc

Over 3000 views on a thread regarding MU/WVU playing......and just over 1000 regarding Mr. Huff video statement to all former players

The goal at UK precludes them playing MU. At UK, basketball is king, of course, but UK wants to have a legitimate football program. Unlike our rotten fan base, it is happy going to "minor" bowls. So the goal is 6 to 8 wins. First it has to play in the Greatest Conference In The History Of The World. And it has to play Louisville, which has been improving since moving up to the ACC from the mid-major Leastleftovers level. So that leaves them with 4 slots per year, all games they need to win to get to a bowl. So they do a I-AA, and then fill the other slots with no-return $$ games with, more than anybody, the lowly MAC. Sometime a Sun Belter or whatever.

Fans forget just how big of a state Kentucky is, just because a small part of it borders on WV, does not mean that Marshall means anything to most people in KY, and bluntly UK is not going to play anyone non-conference it thinks might beat it.

I say Let's Go Herd! and make them want to play us. Some really bad poor coaching decisions made them win what they have. Maybe that's difference in outcome, I don't think this will happen now. We had wanna bee's vs winners. Now we have a winner! I could care less if we ever play them again. I feel like we can on any given day for last 10 years. We proved that. They got lucky as hell! And they know it! I could care less. F them if they think we are good enough to be on there schedule after seeing the schedule for last 10 years. What they are afraid of it that loss. Much lesser schools than Marshall is on schedule but they can't do it. Pruett is only one that demanded. Huff wants to do that ...... he probably should. Only have 2 in state schools large enough to make a national matter. We belong on there schedule. They belong on ours. It's pretty damn simple when you think about it. But why? Let the powers at it. I could fn care less. I hate with a passion. Will always will. My 2 favorite teams are Marshall and whoever is playing them. Im 55 so I got to see a lot of the bad between us. Basketball is ridiculous. Home and away is was it should. Nope once Marshall starting beating them at home it was move to a glorious place for them to enjoy. Rarely did we be beat you at this glorious spot. It was your home away from home. Enjoy 2 3 times enrollment which is great. On field your not so much far from us as you think. It's a player or two. From either side. Basketball, or football. You are not what you think you are. Sorry. If you were I could be a fan. Granted your enrollment is twice size as ours 13k vs 29k and yet your so proud. Im glad you joined conference your in. Sucks being the little guy and sometimes winning that one. You will never be what you think or want. Just won't happen. In meantime schedule people smaller than us in crazy conferences worse than shitty conference we are in and say its not possible. LOL just afraid of that one loss on our home terf. Damn near happened but one of yours scuttlebugged that if you remember. Put in freshman to run out clock....just so happens to fumble. One of your best teams. Some are still NFL!!! Please stop belittling us. We have achieved so much more in football than you could ever gain. You can look up ESPN rater rankings. We are followed more in the past than you could ever dream. Today not so much. But our football will be back.....we had one of your guys trying to do job. He failed. We will be back. Ever heard of Saban....Alabama? You can run and hide all you want now. I know you don't want that loss on you. One day it will come. And it will change tide. 90's damn near did it with Moss, Pennington, Leftwich. After Moss fiasco you wanted nothing to do with us. A couple years later you would have gotten your ass beat! Still talking about it, But you backed out. You were too good for us. Had to have 10 games at home vs our 1 (thats how we remember chicken shits) I'm sure that's not accurate but its not a far cry. I don't ever want to play your snotty ass again! If Huff goes after it.....I'm in. That means he will take his Alabama attitude and kick some ass. Probably even 2 for 1. After how WVU has treated Marshall I could fn care less. Good Riddance. Enjoy your part time 5th place in your conference.

I say Let's Go Herd! and make them want to play us. Some really bad poor coaching decisions made them win what they have. Maybe that's difference in outcome, I don't think this will happen now. We had wanna bee's vs winners. Now we have a winner! I could care less if we ever play them again. I feel like we can on any given day for last 10 years. We proved that. They got lucky as hell! And they know it! I could care less. F them if they think we are good enough to be on there schedule after seeing the schedule for last 10 years. What they are afraid of it that loss. Much lesser schools than Marshall is on schedule but they can't do it. Pruett is only one that demanded. Huff wants to do that ...... he probably should. Only have 2 in state schools large enough to make a national matter. We belong on there schedule. They belong on ours. It's pretty damn simple when you think about it. But why? Let the powers at it. I could fn care less. I hate with a passion. Will always will. My 2 favorite teams are Marshall and whoever is playing them. Im 55 so I got to see a lot of the bad between us. Basketball is ridiculous. Home and away is was it should. Nope once Marshall starting beating them at home it was move to a glorious place for them to enjoy. Rarely did we be beat you at this glorious spot. It was your home away from home. Enjoy 2 3 times enrollment which is great. On field your not so much far from us as you think. It's a player or two. From either side. Basketball, or football. You are not what you think you are. Sorry. If you were I could be a fan. Granted your enrollment is twice size as ours 13k vs 29k and yet your so proud. Im glad you joined conference your in. Sucks being the little guy and sometimes winning that one. You will never be what you think or want. Just won't happen. In meantime schedule people smaller than us in crazy conferences worse than shitty conference we are in and say its not possible. LOL just afraid of that one loss on our home terf. Damn near happened but one of yours scuttlebugged that if you remember. Put in freshman to run out clock....just so happens to fumble. One of your best teams. Some are still NFL!!! Please stop belittling us. We have achieved so much more in football than you could ever gain. You can look up ESPN rater rankings. We are followed more in the past than you could ever dream. Today not so much. But our football will be back.....we had one of your guys trying to do job. He failed. We will be back. Ever heard of Saban....Alabama? You can run and hide all you want now. I know you don't want that loss on you. One day it will come. And it will change tide. 90's damn near did it with Moss, Pennington, Leftwich. After Moss fiasco you wanted nothing to do with us. A couple years later you would have gotten your ass beat! Still talking about it, But you backed out. You were too good for us. Had to have 10 games at home vs our 1 (thats how we remember chicken shits) I'm sure that's not accurate but its not a far cry. I don't ever want to play your snotty ass again! If Huff goes after it.....I'm in. That means he will take his Alabama attitude and kick some ass. Probably even 2 for 1. After how WVU has treated Marshall I could fn care less. Good Riddance. Enjoy your part time 5th place in your conference.
Beautiful

Reactions: herdalicious
The goal at UK precludes them playing MU. At UK, basketball is king, of course, but UK wants to have a legitimate football program. Unlike our rotten fan base, it is happy going to "minor" bowls. So the goal is 6 to 8 wins. First it has to play in the Greatest Conference In The History Of The World. And it has to play Louisville, which has been improving since moving up to the ACC from the mid-major Leastleftovers level. So that leaves them with 4 slots per year, all games they need to win to get to a bowl. So they do a I-AA, and then fill the other slots with no-return $$ games with, more than anybody, the lowly MAC. Sometime a Sun Belter or whatever.

Fans forget just how big of a state Kentucky is, just because a small part of it borders on WV, does not mean that Marshall means anything to most people in KY, and bluntly UK is not going to play anyone non-conference it thinks might beat it.
I agree and have said U.K. doesn’t want to play.

I did not forget how big of a state KY is. Do you dispute that U.K. and WVU are probably the best home games we could get that generate a packed house regardless of the quality of either team.

Reactions: Crush Nasty
Do you dispute that U.K. and WVU are probably the best home games we could get that generate a packed house regardless of the quality of either team.

Since we cannot get home games with either, yes I dispute that. We need to get over WVU. We are never going to play WVU again. We need to get over it. We have never played UK AFAIK (maybe before WWII or something, who cares) and never will. Sitting around and wanting to see us play this or that nearby team makes us look small.

I go to Marshall games to see Marshall play.

Ok you are not into hypotheticals. I should be like most around here and ignore you. I never said I hoped we played either or wanted to. I simply stated they are the two best home games we could have regardless of quality of the teams and that is true.

I’m way over wvu and not worried about them. The more I think about YOU talk about wvu as much or more than anyone here. You should get over them and consider Shutting up about them.

Reactions: Crush Nasty
Could care less if we ever play. I used to watch them play alot but I don't even do that now. Can't stand their condescending attitude. Let them go their way. We need to concentrate on us.

We have never played UK AFAIK (maybe before WWII or something, who cares) and never will.
Yes we HAVE played Kentucky in football. Six (6) times in fact. We last played them in 1960. Kentucky has won every time and the combined score of all six games: Kentucky 206 - Marshall 6.

Yes we HAVE played Kentucky in football. Six (6) times in fact. We last played them in 1960.

So, if a person is, what 70 or over, they might remember attending it as a little kid. For everybody else, a irrelevant factoid from a long bygone era.

We are NEVER going to play WVU in either major men's sport, EVER again. Everyone needs to get over it and move on. Pining away about that irrelevant school and its obnoxious non-alumni brainwased loser fans is a waste of time. MOVE ON.

We are NEVER going to play UK in football (we certainly could do a $$ game at Rupp) EVER. Kentucky is going to fill its 3 slots with a I-AA, and, usually, two MACers, of sometime SBC or CUSA bottom feeders it knows it can beat. Again, just because a small part of Kentucky borders our region is irrelevant. MOVE ON.

As long as the current system exists, MU, after playing a I-AA like everybody else does, has the choice of:

- nearby G5 schools in other leagues (Appy, Ohio, Little Miami, other Ohio MACers, Cincy)
- H&H with significant G5 programs (Appy, again, Boise, military academies, etc)
- H&H with bottom feeding P5 field fillers (Purdue, the rest of the Little 8, Louisville, Indiana, etc)
- Playing a no return for $$ (Notre Dame)

MH has done a good job, no, a great job, in scheduling.

Forget about WVU and UK. MOVE ON.

MH has done a good job, no, a great job, in scheduling.

Coming from the guy who thinks Fairmont State, Navy, App State and ECU is great. Oh wait I forgot, you like you live in the world of "this program is great because we were ranked in 1997 and were Randy Moss played here for a year.. WOOHOO. The rest of us want something bigger for the program. Scheduling a P5 school (or 2) in the non conference is worth it. I am so sick of the attitude that we somehow are worthy of home and home against some of these schools because "well we are".. I would MUCH rather schedule only away games to get games such as VT or Ole Miss or Penn State (or 40 others) than I would keep getting a hard on about a semi rivalry with a has been AAC team.

Reactions: caliherd
Coming from the guy who thinks Fairmont State, Navy, App State and ECU is great. Oh wait I forgot, you like you live in the world of "this program is great because we were ranked in 1997 and were Randy Moss played here for a year.. WOOHOO. The rest of us want something bigger for the program. Scheduling a P5 school (or 2) in the non conference is worth it. I am so sick of the attitude that we somehow are worthy of home and home against some of these schools because "well we are".. I would MUCH rather schedule only away games to get games such as VT or Ole Miss or Penn State (or 40 others) than I would keep getting a hard on about a semi rivalry with a has been AAC team.
Fairmont St??? WTF
ranked in 1997? WTF try 99
Randy played for a year?? he played 2.
Va Tech visits us now. Great strategy to begin scheduling no return games with them.
who is the semi rivalry has been AAC??

this guy is either the dumbest Herd fan on the internet (and we have our fair share) or is a troll.

Fairmont St??? WTF
ranked in 1997? WTF try 99
Randy played for a year?? he played 2.
Va Tech visits us now. Great strategy to begin scheduling no return games with them.
who is the semi rivalry has been AAC??

this guy is either the dumbest Herd fan on the internet (and we have our fair share) or is a troll.

I was being sarcastic. I am sorry I didn't make that clear to you. Exaggeration was used for the sake of being insulting. VT visits us now? Or will that be 3 seasons from now? This is EXACTLY the problem I am talking about. Oh we have VT on our schedule in 3 years, so we can justify everything else we do with "VT visits us now". Again, I would much rather play a road game against a P5 and not get a return than play ECU. (ECU is in the AAC, I guess I should have helped you with that one). You must be a troll

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT