ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Sorry, the FBI Did What?

I wonder how many times the FBI has kind of half radicalized somebody who then fell off their radar, then an actual radical came and finished the job.

Reactions: 30CAT and KyMUfan
That’s just horrible. A kid with mental illness looking anywhere to belong.

The FBI needs to get out of the crime encouragement business and stoking fires. There are plenty of people who make their own independent decision to be bad without law enforcement help. Go arrest them.

The FBI needs to get out of the crime encouragement business and stoking fires. There are plenty of people who make their own independent decision to be bad without law enforcement help. Go arrest them.
Read up on what went down with the Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping case.

Eh, not trying to sound like @Raoul Duke MU but Autism or ASD is actually a developmental disability, not a mental illness.

But to your point, that makes it even worse that the FBI would take advantage of someone with a disability.

You stupid lying punk. You're a lying idiot.
Sorry, chump. It's exactly what happened. No one would try to take over the government, unarmed. Police wouldn't be giving tours during an insurrection. Only an armed woman, would be shot in the back of the head, by police, during an insurrection and only if she posed a threat. One would think the military would need to get involved during an insurrection. You're clueless and brainwashed.

You have an agenda, just like your overlords, to paint this as an insurrection, to make Trump look bad. You can't help you're a dumbass. It's part of being a loyaltist for a political party. We get it.

Reactions: WVUSerg
Sorry, chump. It's exactly what happened. No one would try to take over the government, unarmed. Police wouldn't be giving tours during an insurrection. Only an armed woman, would be shot in the back of the head, by police, during an insurrection and only if she posed a threat. One would think the military would need to get involved during an insurrection. You're clueless and brainwashed.

You have an agenda, just like your overlords, to paint this as an insurrection, to make Trump look bad. You can't help you're a dumbass. It's part of being a loyaltist for a political party. We get it.
You stupid lying punk. You're a lying idiot. Your orange jesus is going to prison.

That was a set up by the feds

Reactions: KyMUfan and 30CAT
Eh, not trying to sound like @Raoul Duke MU but Autism or ASD is actually a developmental disability, not a mental illness.

But to your point, that makes it even worse that the FBI would take advantage of someone with a disability.
You would do well to sound like me 😎

Let's not forget that kids with high-functioning autism have been school shooters. It's not a reason for law enforcement to excuse red flags. You post online you want to join ISIS, you will get heat.

For the FBI, it's a dammed if you do or don't situation. Kid shoots up a school or mall in the name of ISIS, people will bitch the FBI knew if they let him slide. Instead now people bitch he's autistic.

Let's not forget that kids with high-functioning autism have been school shooters. It's not a reason for law enforcement to excuse red flags. You post online you want to join ISIS, you will get heat.

For the FBI, it's a dammed if you do or don't situation. Kid shoots up a school or mall in the name of ISIS, people will bitch the FBI knew if they let him slide. Instead now people bitch he's autistic.
Sure but is there some sort of intervention between “none and let him shoot” and “recruit him into ISIS so we can black bag him to Guantanamo” that maybe we could employ here?

Exactly...Look what it did to the January 6th protest.
It's amazing to me when people flat out refuse to believe there were feds in the Jan 6 crowd. Given the size, it would be a massive failure if they didn't have people in the crowd to observe.

I've always been of the belief that those who went into the capital buildings first should face some form of penalty/prosecution, especially if they did any physical damage. But go back & look at what the feds were up to with entrapment & overstepping their bounds at the time. What they did to this kid & the Whitmer defendants are perfect examples. Even when they expressed hesitation or wanted to stop, the gub pressed them forward.

There's simply no way Ray Epps wasn't acting as agent of the gub, given the penalties handed out in other Jan 6 cases. Given all the left's rhetoric about the severity, the punishment math ain't mathin'. Especially given there's clear video evidence of him inciting the crowd to go into the capital. How many more Epps were out there doing the same?

Sure but is there some sort of intervention between “none and let him shoot” and “recruit him into ISIS so we can black bag him to Guantanamo” that maybe we could employ here?
Like I said, damned if you do or don't. Law enforcement at any level is not in the middle-ground intervention business. They arrest you...or kill you if shit goes sideways. And when people suggest law enforcement get in the middle ground business, conservatives and the majority of centrists vilify it.

Now, we could have a whole other discussion on this goading people into criminal activity stuff. But I don't hear much of anyone complain when we do it with CP sickos.

It's amazing to me when people flat out refuse to believe there were feds in the Jan 6 crowd. Given the size, it would be a massive failure if they didn't have people in the crowd to observe.

I've always been of the belief that those who went into the capital buildings first should face some form of penalty/prosecution, especially if they did any physical damage. But go back & look at what the feds were up to with entrapment & overstepping their bounds at the time. What they did to this kid & the Whitmer defendants are perfect examples. Even when they expressed hesitation or wanted to stop, the gub pressed them forward.

There's simply no way Ray Epps wasn't acting as agent of the gub, given the penalties handed out in other Jan 6 cases. Given all the left's rhetoric about the severity, the punishment math ain't mathin'. Especially given there's clear video evidence of him inciting the crowd to go into the capital. How many more Epps were out there doing the same?
You're an idiot.

Like I said, damned if you do or don't. Law enforcement at any level is not in the middle-ground intervention business. They arrest you...or kill you if shit goes sideways. And when people suggest law enforcement get in the middle ground business, conservatives and the majority of centrists vilify it.

Now, we could have a whole other discussion on this goading people into criminal activity stuff. But I don't hear much of anyone complain when we do it with CP sickos.
Well let’s ignore conservatives and the majority of centrists then. Or have someone other than the police deal with this. Maybe even divert some funds from the police toward those efforts. A defunding, if you will.

The kid was 16 contemplating joining ISIS. Not only was gub grooming him, the local police were aware of him, too. You'd think they'd contact the family for two reasons...1) to try & get the kid help & 2) prevent him from doing anything in his high school around other children & teachers. But, nope.

I'm no fan of the FBI, but to be fair, the article states:

"Law enforcement agents first became aware of Mashkoor’s online activities in support of ISIS in November 2021. But instead of alerting his family, Mashkoor’s lawyers told The Intercept, FBI agents posing as ISIS members befriended him a year later and strung him along until he became a legal adult."

So, he was already reaching out to some unidentified party(ies) in support of ISIS for at least one year before the agents got involved. That doesn't sound like entrapment to me. Sounds like he was doing shit he shouldn't have and the agents simply put themselves into a chat situation and let him do his thing. Color me skeptical of the article's overtly biased "reporting" on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I'm no fab of the FBI, but to be fair, the article states:

"Law enforcement agents first became aware of Mashkoor’s online activities in support of ISIS in November 2021. But instead of alerting his family, Mashkoor’s lawyers told The Intercept, FBI agents posing as ISIS members befriended him a year later and strung him along until he became a legal adult."

So, he was already reaching out to some unidentified party(ies) in support of ISIS for at least one year before the agents got involved. That doesn't sound like entrapment to me. Sounds like he was doing shit he shouldn't have and the agents simply put themselves into a chat situation and let him do his thing. Color me skeptical of the article's overtly biased "reporting" on this one.
Again, he was a child. And he expressed doubts. I'd be far less sympathetic if he was an adult.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I would argue much of the issues with teenage boys with ASD is the constant taunting and bullying they receive because they don't understand social skills.

I'm sure some public schools do better than others, but it would be ideal to have assigned mentors, who spend time developing rapport and help navigate any negative social interactions.

If there was a way to monitor and intervene I think they wouldn't be as likely to turn towards joining groups that will gladly take anyone and who offer power. Or, worse, they finally snap and take it out on everyone at their school.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
I would argue much of the issues with teenage boys with ASD is the constant taunting and bullying they receive because they don't understand social skills.

I'm sure some public schools do better than others, but it would be ideal to have assigned mentors, who spend time developing rapport and help navigate any negative social interactions.

If there was a way to monitor and intervene I think they wouldn't be as likely to turn towards joining groups that will gladly take anyone and who offer power. Or, worse, they finally snap and take it out on everyone at their school.
The mere fact a kid could be further radicalized into supporting ISIS should have been enough for them to intervene, if for no other reason than to protect hundreds of other kids in his school. And also, to at least try to prevent a troubled kid from becoming, you know, a terrorist.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Man….I’m torn on this one but leaning more in the camp of Raoul/Thunder. Autism has many levels. I think Chris Rock just came out and said he was autistic. My niece’s husband is autistic and you would just think he’s slightly introverted. His mental illness is that he’s a leftist, not that he’s autistic.

Not every autistic person screams inaudibly and bites themselves. Many function quite well in society. And while 16 is young, it’s not like he was 7 years old. What if the FBI thought “well…he’s going to try to join ISIS regardless, so let’s let him fake join instead of actually join.” At least that stops one person from joining.

Tough one, man. I hate it for the family.

Man….I’m torn on this one but leaning more in the camp of Raoul/Thunder. Autism has many levels. I think Chris Rock just came out and said he was autistic. My niece’s husband is autistic and you would just think he’s slightly introverted. His mental illness is that he’s a leftist, not that he’s autistic.

Not every autistic person screams inaudibly and bites themselves. Many function quite well in society. And while 16 is young, it’s not like he was 7 years old. What if the FBI thought “well…he’s going to try to join ISIS regardless, so let’s let him fake join instead of actually join.” At least that stops one person from joining.

Tough one, man. I hate it for the family.
I don't disagree, but I also don't believe it's the high functioning, and, dare I say questionably diagnosed, who are doing these things.

Then again, what metrics are we using to determine what is high functioning with regards to deviant or criminal behavior? Some high functioning ASD kids appear very close to neurotypical levels, yet can still lack executive function skills.

Honestly, for someone who is supposed to be empathetic to people with disabilities, I'm surprised Raoul sees this through such a narrow lense.

3504.jpg

Autism has such a wide array of presentations that it’s not very informative a descriptor as to what a person is or isn’t capable of. It’s weird to me that the latest DSM rolled it all back into one diagnosis. I know it’s a spectrum but it’s odd to me that my exes completely non-verbal, unable to care for himself at all brother has the same diagnosis as an employee of ours who, the only real way you’d know he’s even autistic is he has to wear some different gloves because textures are weird for him.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-

I've thought this too. Is ASD becoming more common or just more diagnosed?

Definitely the latter, maybe the former. Plus more ASD people are being kept in society and not shipped off to homes, so it’s more visible.

Agree with this but what about environmental issues? More use of plastics in food packaging, more processed foods and additives, etc.

I don't sleep a lot. When my kids were younger and Walmart and Kroger were open 24 hours I'd get a call from my wife to get milk, bananas, diapers, etc. I'd stop by one of these stores and I'd see 3 yr olds out at 3 am drinking Diet Mt Dew out of a sippy cup. I've often wondered the affects of that as well as prenatal food and drink intake of the mother.

That’s BS. Which is the way in which authority should act:

Kid online says he’s going to kill himself. Should they:

A) reach out to the kid and his family so that they can get him help.

B) join the conversation and enforce that he has nothing to live for, no one loves him, help him buy a gun, and then show up at the last second and arrest him for owning an illegal firearm?

Same goes for Jan 6. If the FBI sees conversations in an online chat where people are angry and saying “we should go to Washington and storm the capital” a reply to the thread from an official “FBI.gov” server that says “Yeah, that would be a really bad idea Jim Johnson of 211 Honeysuckle Lane, Peoria, IL” would just kill that shit with no drama, nobody ruining their life, and a better outcome for the country. Why should the FBI be saying “Heck yeah! I can help you get guns and IEDs!!!”?

Last edited:
Agree with this but what about environmental issues? More use of plastics in food packaging, more processed foods and additives, etc.

I don't sleep a lot. When my kids were younger and Walmart and Kroger were open 24 hours I'd get a call from my wife to get milk, bananas, diapers, etc. I'd stop by one of these stores and I'd see 3 yr olds out at 3 am drinking Diet Mt Dew out of a sippy cup. I've often wondered the affects of that as well as prenatal food and drink intake of the mother.
Yeah it could definitely be that too, we just did such a bad job detecting it in the past that it’s hard to say without having some solid reason to suspect causation.

The 16 year old kid being autistic isn’t why the FBI shouldn’t have recruited him to ISIS.
That is the easy thing to do and gets the headlines. Why not go after real criminals? I am conservative and you are liberal but, we agree. This is a load of shit by the FBI. Do some real crime solving. Then, when you realize this young man has issues you bring the parents and in and talk to them. If you want the ISIS bad buys go after them with the data and intelligence you have. Use some common sense!

Kid online says he’s going to kill himself.
Saying you want to kill yourself is not a crime. Here's where that social worker shit the BLM talks about is good. Kid waiving a gun around saying he wants to kill himself? Different situation...but I have noticed that police often unintentionally escalate these situations.

The 16 year old kid being autistic isn’t why the FBI shouldn’t have recruited him to ISIS.
If the kid was already in chat rooms for that shit, it's long past the point of planting seeds.
Honestly, for someone who is supposed to be empathetic to people with disabilities, I'm surprised Raoul sees this through such a narrow lense.
The empathy comes in long before the kid is in ISIS chat rooms.

I've seen some wild shit from people. I'm a believer in equal rights means equal responsibility, unless one truly does not understand what they are doing....and we have laws for that situation.
Micro plastics can cross the blood brain barrier...who knows what this shit is doing to people. We have thoroughly fvxked things up, for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT