ADVERTISEMENT

Is Marshall a bad football team?

Is the 2023 edition of Marshall’s football team “bad”?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters
- Almost beaten by a I-AA at home.
- Beat a really bad ECU team that is currently 1-4, only win vs. I-AA Gardner-Webb.
- Squeaked by a bad VPI team that is currently 2-3, beating ODU (more about them later), and a really bad Pitt team, losing to Big 10 doormats Rutgers and Purdue.
- Squeaked by a bad ODU team that is 2-3, one of those wins being by one point at home to a I-AA team that was DII last year.

All the while looking bad. Inconsistent. No imagination. No effort. No passion.

This team looks to go 6-6 or so, but really would have been something like 4-8 if not for VPI and ECU having their worst teams in decades.

"If it wasn't for those meddling bad teams that Marshall beat, Marshall would be so bad!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: YouHerdMe
Poll closed, with a few 10ths of a percent short of 90/10 believing we are not a bad football team. Sammy & 5 of his minions staked out the low ground, opining that we are, in fact a bad football team.
58 votes. Probably a representative sample.
Big game (“They’re ALL must win games, Gene.”) on Saturday night:
LET’S GO HERD!!

If only the quality of a football team could be determined by a poll, and those who dare speak the truth be simply dismissed with things 10 year olds say on the playground, rather than with facts and logic.

This is a bad football team.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2
If only the quality of a football team could be determined by a poll, and those who dare speak the truth be simply dismissed with things 10 year olds say on the playground, rather than with facts and logic.

Yea, I know they are bad, because someone said they would only win 1 game. Oh wait.......

giphy.gif

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Again, playgound smack. Childish.

It is all you have, because you don't really understand football (nor basketball, for that matter). I understand both, and know what MU currently is in both. You just want to rah-rah around and look at the world with green tinted glasses and delude yourself into believing we are something we are not. This is why you use the childish insults, because you cannot really debate the point as an adult. Because you lack the adult knowledge of the sport to do so.

Again, playgound smack. Childish.

It is all you have, because you don't really understand football (nor basketball, for that matter). I understand both, and know what MU currently is in both. You just want to rah-rah around and look at the world with green tinted glasses and delude yourself into believing we are something we are not. This is why you use the childish insults, because you cannot really debate the point as an adult. Because you lack the adult knowledge of the sport to do so.

If you know so much about a sport, how come in 5 games, they have won 3 more than your educated mind so confidently predicted?

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
Try again moron. I played football...in college, as a matter of fact. You? A true armchair QB who knows zip, zero, nada. You've offered nothing when discussing this team except to say, "they are bad". You're an idiot. Most on here see it.

Basketball? It's football season. It's not hard to see, though. Danny needs to go. I've suggested this for 2 seasons. You want him as our coach???

I talk to you like I talk to an infant. Because you are. You're a fool. There is nothing to debate. You only show up when the team loses. You avoid discussions. If we win this week, you wont be seen for another week or so. This is your pattern. Your predictions are laughable, and you're wrong...a majority of the time. When is the last time you've attended a Marshall football game? Marshall isn't for you Sammy. Go away.

C’mon guys - Sam serves a purpose! Every board needs one of his ilk. It exercises our vocabularies, gives us entertainment and allows us to let off steam (raleigh!), which otherwise might be directed at people in our worlds. Bravo Sam - thanks…..for your injuries. Go Herd!!

Should just change it to " Is Marshall a badly coached team?" You'd get a yes on that one.

That’s close to it, but we are also incredibly weak at some positions and seem to be dropping in talent, which is odd since our HC is a super recruiter. It concerns me that he uses “P5 player” as a description. Seems he thinks it’s better to get guys just because they were originally signed by a P5 program, ignoring the fact that the guys we get weren’t good enough to get time at those schools.

But, but, but, the poll said we are good!!!!!

But, but, but, raleighherdfan called me all those mean names. That sure showed me, and then he certainly showed how good the team is with in-depth analysis like "is not either", "you're dumb" and "not".

Of course, the results on the field, and not polls and certainly not childish insults are what determines what a football team is.

But, but, but, raleighherdfan called me all those mean names. That sure showed me, and then he certainly showed how good the team is with in-depth analysis like "is not either", "you're dumb" and "not".

Of course, the results on the field, and not polls and certainly not childish insults are what determines what a football team is.

Ahhhh…….Sammy right on time the day after a loss. After a win? Always on Tuesday. You’re nothing if not consistent.

Just like I said. You only come around and gloat when we lose. Otherwise, you slink away and hide for days. When is the last time you've been to a Marshall game? You never fail to avoid that question too. You're no fan of Marshall.

Congratulations on the Herd loss. You must be so happy!

Look, no one argued that this was a great team. What they got on you about was your claim they would only win 1 game. Which you conveniently ignore when you were called out on it.

So do not get on your high horse. You made a claim. You looked dumb. Do not start throwing rocks from a glass house.

I never claimed we would win "one game" and certainly there is a legion on here that had us penciled in for 12-0.

I just pointed out it was all delusion and childish fandom.

MU fans USED to be better than that. We USED to know football and our place in it. We USED to laugh at the Spamites when they conducted themselves much like many of us were conducting ourselves not a handful of weeks ago. Now we are no different.

I never claimed we would win "one game" and certainly there is a legion on here that had us penciled in for 12-0
No one penciled us in for an undefeated season, you lying hack. You most certainly stated we will be lucky to win another game this season. Much the same way you irrationally suggested last season we would be lucky to win another game, only to disappear week in and week out when we went on a 6-0 run to end the season. Dont back track now.

No one penciled us in for an undefeated season, you lying hack. You most certainly stated we will be lucky to win another game this season. Much the same way you irrationally suggested last season we would be lucky to win another game, only to disappear week in and week out when we went on a 6-0 run to end the season. Dont back track now.
Oh, Sam is Olympic-level in the back track. There’s even a move in that sport named after him: The Sammy slipandslide…..

Oh, Sam is Olympic-level in the back track. There’s even a move in that sport named after him: The Sammy slipandslide…..
He will keep spewing his garbage, place those that disagree with him on "ignore", and only show up when the Herd loses a contest. He really is no fan of Marshall.

I never claimed we would win "one game" and certainly there is a legion on here that had us penciled in for 12-0.

I just pointed out it was all delusion and childish fandom.

MU fans USED to be better than that. We USED to know football and our place in it. We USED to laugh at the Spamites when they conducted themselves much like many of us were conducting ourselves not a handful of weeks ago. Now we are no different.

Yes, yes you did.

Legion? Really, legion? Name 1, I mean just 1 person that stated on here that we would go 12-0.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT