ADVERTISEMENT

Is old Doc headed to Arkansas or FAU?

Offensively, I think we have 5 or 6 guys that could play at a number of places.

Defensively, I think we have about the same.

I think there are a number of other guys with plenty of potential.
So this “awful” roster that mean old Pruett left behind was very similar to our current roster? Wow. That’s harsh coming from Docs 2nd biggest fan.

So this “awful” roster that mean old Pruett left behind was very similar to our current roster? Wow. That’s harsh coming from Docs 2nd biggest fan.

Not at all. Those numbers could easily push up as those guys develop.

Dumbest day in Marshall history is the day they let Bob Pruett leave.

Name another coach in the entire history of college football who retired or resigned on the first day of his team's spring practices.

There is one better. Steve Spurrier left SC in the middle of their season. Ironically, BP of course worked for Spurrier at UF.

Same proof you've got for your statements.

I don’t need proof. Pruett left Marshall, did he not?

That’s the end of it. If you’re truly committed to something, you don’t run away pouting because you didn’t get your way.

I don’t need proof. Pruett left Marshall, did he not?

Of course you don't. You're too busy defending the status quo. Marshall let Pruett walk, did they not?

That’s the end of it. If you’re truly committed to something, you don’t run away pouting because you didn’t get your way.

If you think Marshall has more commitment to Herd football than Pruett did, we can now pinpoint where you went off the rails. The main reason Pruett left was because of the lack of committment by Marshall.

Not at all. Those numbers could easily push up as those guys develop.

And who the hell is going to "develop" said players? John?

LOL, you must be high on the fumes coming off his jock if you believe that nonsense.

If you think Marshall has more commitment to Herd football than Pruett did, we can now pinpoint where you went off the rails. The main reason Pruett left was because of the lack of committment by Marshall.

Yes, I believe the university is far more committed to the program than a coach that bailed.

And who the hell is going to "develop" said players? John?

LOL, you must be high on the fumes coming off his jock if you believe that nonsense.

Attend a practice, BG function, or QB Club luncheon and you might see/hear about some of the younger guys they see promise in.

Attend a practice, BG function, or QB Club luncheon and you might see/hear about some of the younger guys they see promise in.

You're missing the point. John Holliday does not develop players, nor does our coaching staff. Case in point, Green. Just because he responds to your text messages doesn't mean he's a good QB.

Reactions: thunderscope
Hmm...Extra, you wouldn't be referring to Houston, would you?
Marshall is also paying Doc nearly 3 times what it did Pruett with a large buyout and contract extensions and a large buyout if Doc were to have ever gone to wvu.

Connections to both. FAU he has that SEC level recruiting pipeline going down there. Matter of fact, he wrote the book on recruiting Florida. Then, the AD at Arkansas boy played ball for Doc at Marshall. That is the inside track right there. He could open up that Florida recruiting to Fayetteville, Arkansas. Could take on Saban and Orgeron with the loads of talent he could bring in and now that Kiffin is at Ole Miss Doc could beat them as well.

I am going to hate to see him go. But, it is only a matter of time before someone comes looking and opens up that check book. I bet Mike Hamrick is calling up donors now saying boys you need to write some checks to keep Doc here.
Is this a joke?!

Oh and they lightened up the schedules for Doc as well. His buddy, the AD did. He gets to play Purdue and NC State not Georgia, Florida, and Ohio State. Of course Coach Pruett wanted to see how his teams could do. Doc and Hamrick want to run from those games.

How did he leave the program in this so called ditch. Mark Snyder was going to be hired to replace Pruett whether that was in December or March. He was the heir apparent because of a family's connection to the school. Marshall was coming out of the sanctions by then. Snyder was going to get the job regardless and it was going to be a bust. 3 months didn't make one hill of beans.

The school screwed up not giving Pruett what was promised and some interim President let him walk. Marshall tripped on their own dick.

When a coach cheats and completely screws the program prior to bailing......yeah, I’m going to have ill feelings.
How did he screw the program? He waited until the 2005 recruiting class had been signed before he retired so the new coaching staff wouldnt have to scramble for recruits.

They did make a bad hire, but go back and look at that roster. It was awful.
If you look at the roster its pretty good. Pruett left Snyder a defense that would finish as the #33 ranked total defense in 2005. That defense was led by guys like Albert McClellan, Juan Underwood, Curtis Keyes, Chris Royal, C.J Spillman, Dennis Thorton. That defense Snyder inherited was really good. On offense Snyder was left an O line that had 3 linemen sign NFL contracts. At running back he was left the best running back Marshall has ever had and at QB he was left a talented QB that went on to play professional football in the arena league but was never developed by the coaching staff under Snyder. This claim that Snyder was left some horrible team is B.S. The fact is Snyder was a very poor coach even with a great bit of talent on the team.

Do you have “proof”
So you don't remember the ticket surcharge for facilities and the IPF renderings that were shown? That Pruett was promised? That money they ended up diverting to the biotech center when it went millions over budget when that money was supposed to be used toward things like the IPF? Because many people on this board do. The fact is they screwed Pruett when they promised him these things to keep schools like Houston from jumping in and taking him when Pruett was trying to take the football program to a higher level. He couldnt do that if not given the resources. He was tired of the broken promises and he retired.

Pruett arguably left Snyder more talent than many of Doc's teams as noted above. Cmon Stowers. Ahmad Bradshaw, Albert McLellan, CJ Spillman are a few that he left Snyder.

How many guys has Doc put in the league? That is what I thought.

When KO Marcum is your AD, nothing good can come of it. KO played MU like a fiddle. a few more years of good pay until he road off into the sunset at number 18 at Guyan. He messed up with Pruett and did nothing to better position us for entry into CUSA when it was actually highly thought of.

How did he screw the program? He waited until the 2005 recruiting class had been signed before he retired so the new coaching staff wouldnt have to scramble for recruits.

If you look at the roster its pretty good. Pruett left Snyder a defense that would finish as the #33 ranked total defense in 2005. That defense was led by guys like Albert McClellan, Juan Underwood, Curtis Keyes, Chris Royal, C.J Spillman, Dennis Thorton. That defense Snyder inherited was really good. On offense Snyder was left an O line that had 3 linemen sign NFL contracts. At running back he was left the best running back Marshall has ever had and at QB he was left a talented QB that went on to play professional football in the arena league but was never developed by the coaching staff under Snyder. This claim that Snyder was left some horrible team is B.S. The fact is Snyder was a very poor coach even with a great bit of talent on the team.

So you don't remember the ticket surcharge for facilities and the IPF renderings that were shown? That Pruett was promised? That money they ended up diverting to the biotech center when it went millions over budget when that money was supposed to be used toward things like the IPF? Because many people on this board do. The fact is they screwed Pruett when they promised him these things to keep schools like Houston from jumping in and taking him when Pruett was trying to take the football program to a higher level. He couldnt do that if not given the resources. He was tired of the broken promises and he retired.

*Coach Stowers has left this thread

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT