ADVERTISEMENT

Is old Doc headed to Arkansas or FAU?

See that? Bolding things for emphasis - that's my deal, not .GIFs. You're thinking Rifle.

Huh? I very rarely post GIFs. You should have listened earlier and left this thread, as you continue to get hammered. Is there nobody in the bullpen for the manager to bring out?

Reactions: extragreen
I’m not reading through that laundry list of nonsense that is littered with fanboy banter.

Bob cheated. Bob bailed. I actually wish Bob would somehow be hired once Doc decides to retire so I could come back on here and just swim around in your tears.

You are literally the least likable person on this board (and that includes Fever). I will never ever understand why a cool guy like Chris let’s you write and moderate this board. It is seriously a mystery to me.
I have been a member of this board for years through different owners and a zillion moderators and there has never ever been somebody like you in the position of moderator. People try to lump you and Aaron in the same cloth and it’s not even close. Aaron is at least a Marshall fan. He lives Marshall he also has supported through thick and thin every football and basketball coach we have had. So his undying support of Doc is understandable it is who he is. But one thing I guarantee he bleeds green. He doesn’t bleed Hamrick or Doc it’s all about Marshall.

I don’t even know why you would want to be on this board. You aren’t a Marshall fan at all you are just a jock sniffer for the AD. When Mike and Doc leave you won’t even follow Marshall unless the next coach and AD let’s you be their friend so you can get all of the “inside scoop” which literally means absolutely nothing.

You are literally the least likable person on this board (and that includes Fever). I will never ever understand why a cool guy like Chris let’s you write and moderate this board. It is seriously a mystery to me.
I have been a member of this board for years through different owners and a zillion moderators and there has never ever been somebody like you in the position of moderator. People try to lump you and Aaron in the same cloth and it’s not even close. Aaron is at least a Marshall fan. He lives Marshall he also has supported through thick and thin every football and basketball coach we have had. So his undying support of Doc is understandable it is who he is. But one thing I guarantee he bleeds green. He doesn’t bleed Hamrick or Doc it’s all about Marshall.

I don’t even know why you would want to be on this board. You aren’t a Marshall fan at all you are just a jock sniffer for the AD. When Mike and Doc leave you won’t even follow Marshall unless the next coach and AD let’s you be their friend so you can get all of the “inside scoop” which literally means absolutely nothing.
Suck Up Sniffer Stowers. Chris runs a good board. Not sure what Coach's role is here. Other than act like he is some guru with the inside track.

I’ve been a member of this forum longer than you have.

I support the university in about every aspect imaginable. I did that long before the Hamrick/Doc era and I’ll do it long after.

When someone addresses me directly, I respond. I’m not going to respond with respect and/or reason when someone does not do the same to me. That approach has carried me through life fairly successfully so I don’t really plan on changing.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I’ve been a member of this forum longer than you have.

I support the university in about every aspect imaginable. I did that long before the Hamrick/Doc era and I’ll do it long after.

When someone addresses me directly, I respond. I’m not going to respond with respect and/or reason when someone does not do the same to me. That approach has carried me through life fairly successfully so I don’t really plan on changing.

I think you are afraid to say anything because you think your access might get cut out. Any real fan would think we can do better and would not be happy with our mediocre results. Probably makes you feel important.

All the mediocrity, all the former players alienated, and all the disgruntled fans. If you were a real fan you would want better. Because it can do better.

I think you regurgitate the garbage from the Athletic Dept. One day they are going to be on an island.

Tears of joy from restoring Herd football to its glory. Tears of greatness. TEARS OF WINNING.

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO MODERATORS

He wouldn’t last 2 seasons before his “health” was an issue again.
So we’d have 2 good years? I’d take that. Stephen Hawking could have coached us to 2nd and 3rd place finishes in the East....without any technology.

cali - sorry pal, the criteria for “least liked” poster on this (HN) forum does not exclude Marshall fans. Josh isn’t even on the draft board.....with the 1st pick of the 2019 least likable, WS selects Sam, no rifle, well - they are co #1’s in my book. The fact that they hate each other with a passion only solidifies the choice....

I think you are afraid to say anything because you think your access might get cut out. Any real fan would think we can do better and would not be happy with our mediocre results. Probably makes you feel important.

All the mediocrity, all the former players alienated, and all the disgruntled fans. If you were a real fan you would want better. Because it can do better.

I think you regurgitate the garbage from the Athletic Dept. One day they are going to be on an island.

That honestly has nothing to do with it. I just look at things in a different perspective.

Before I say this, realize that Duke looks to win a national championship every year just like Marshall looks to win a conference championship every year. They’re only relative in that manner.

I’m a Duke fan. Have been for longer than I’ve been a Marshall fan.

In the last 10 years, Coach K has lost to Lehigh (NCAA Tournament), Mercer (NCAA Tournament), and Stephen F Austin (at home in what is considered to be the worst loss in over a decade by betting standards).

In those 10 years, he has two national titles and one conference championship. Considering only those 10 years and the number of advantages Duke has, does that make him a shitty coach? No. Shit happens! Even if he only had one national title, I still wouldn’t look at him as failure and call for his head. That’s ludicrous.

I look at Marshall and Doc in a similar fashion. Yes, I realize that Marshall’s conference opponents are not of the same level of competition as Duke’s, but shit still happens. If Doc had two conference titles, would you think better of him? I’d bet not.

The Yankees have just about every advantage there is in baseball. They have history, facilities, their own TV network and money, yet they haven’t won a World Series in 10 years. Shit happens!

The best or most talented teams don’t always win.

That’s how I look at it. Agree or disagree, I don’t really care.

Reactions: The Real SamC
That honestly has nothing to do with it. I just look at things in a different perspective.

Before I say this, realize that Duke looks to win a national championship every year just like Marshall looks to win a conference championship every year. They’re only relative in that manner.

I’m a Duke fan. Have been for longer than I’ve been a Marshall fan.

In the last 10 years, Coach K has lost to Lehigh (NCAA Tournament), Mercer (NCAA Tournament), and Stephen F Austin (at home in what is considered to be the worst loss in over a decade by betting standards).

In those 10 years, he has two national titles and one conference championship. Considering only those 10 years and the number of advantages Duke has, does that make him a shitty coach? No. Shit happens! Even if he only had one national title, I still wouldn’t look at him as failure and call for his head. That’s ludicrous.

I look at Marshall and Doc in a similar fashion. Yes, I realize that Marshall’s conference opponents are not of the same level of competition as Duke’s, but shit still happens. If Doc had two conference titles, would you think better of him? I’d bet not.

The Yankees have just about every advantage there is in baseball. They have history, facilities, their own TV network and money, yet they haven’t won a World Series in 10 years. Shit happens!

The best or most talented teams don’t always win.

That’s how I look at it. Agree or disagree, I don’t really care.
The difference is Duke is in a conference with several schools that can match them in terms of resources and other teams that have hall of fame coaches and have won championsips(national) themselves. One of them is just 6 miles away with their own Hall of Fame coach.

Marshall is in a division with tow start up programs(ODU, charlotte) and two schools with little tradition(FAU, FIU) and Western KY who Marshall still has a bigger history than. We are not even winning our division. That's the problem . Duke is not underachieving. Marshall is.

Not sure why that is hard to understand.

The difference is Duke is in a conference with several schools that can match them in terms of resources and other teams that have hall of fame coaches and have won championsips(national) themselves. One of them is just 6 miles away with their own Hall of Fame coach.

Marshall is in a division with tow start up programs(ODU, charlotte) and two schools with little tradition(FAU, FIU) and Western KY who Marshall still has a bigger history than. We are not even winning our division. That's the problem . Duke is not underachieving. Marshall is.

But shit still happens.......

Believe me, I wish it didn’t. I’d leave more sports seasons less upset if not.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
But shit still happens.......

Believe me, I wish it didn’t. I’d leave more sports seasons less upset if not.

So you’re agreeing that the Marshall program is shit relative to what it should be among its conference peers. Glad you finally have seen the light.

Oh, and your Duke/Coach K analogy is one of the worst and most illogical ones presented on this board in a long time.

So you’re agreeing that the Marshall program is shit relative to what it should be among its conference peers. Glad you finally have seen the light.

Oh, and your Duke/Coach K analogy is one of the worst and most illogical ones presented on this board in a long time.

No. I’m saying shit happens in sports. You’ve played and coached. I’d bet you’ve lost games you shouldn’t have.

Like I said, you can agree or disagree. I don’t care.

No. I’m saying shit happens in sports. You’ve played and coached. I’d bet you’ve lost games you shouldn’t have.

Like I said, you can agree or disagree. I don’t care.
So shit happens for a decade?

What happened at Charlotte is not shit happening . That is a systemic problem.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I guess in the minds of Hamrick, the BOG, and 2.5 presidents, that hasn’t happened.
Hence, systemic problem. It has happened and they are not doing anything about it. The program has stagnated and now it is going to turn ugly.

Hence, systemic problem. It has happened and they are not doing anything about it. The program has stagnated and now it is going to turn ugly.

Hamrick is a bad word in Greenville, NC. I said it once and I thought a guy was going to run me out of his office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Hamrick may have left East Carolina for UNLV in 2003, but 15 years later the legacy of his time as the Pirates’ athletic director continues to be felt.

And not in a good way.

Joe-Dooley_fgcuathletics-dot-com_snip_2017-ncaa-tourn-day2-photo3_Copy-e1520232204780-300x443.jpg

Joe Dooley (fgcuathletics.com)
Hamrick’s ill-fated decision to replace football coach Steve Logan with John Thompson was an unmitigated disaster that set the program back several years. But that wasn’t his worst personnel mistake.

That prize goes to Hamrick for letting basketball coach Joe Dooley go in favor of Bill Herrion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wondered many times over the past 20 years if it was Mike Hamricks’ goal to ruin ECU athletics. Thank God for Terry Holland!"

Reactions: GreenDuke
The difference is Duke is in a conference with several schools that can match them in terms of resources ...

That is the core of your argument. Marshall has all of these “advantages” over the rest of CUSA. And you are just plain wrong.

MU has a solid fan base.
MU, thanks the our great AD, has as good of facilities as any G5 program.
MU has a role within the state, and especially within the media market, that most CUSA, or any G5 including the laughable AAC, members do not have.

That is it. You start with a bad premise, and therefore your argument is faulty.

Until you understand what MU actually is, and what the other CUSA members are, you are never going to understand what a great job our over-achieving AD and wonderful football coach are doing.

That is the core of your argument. Marshall has all of these “advantages” over the rest of CUSA. And you are just plain wrong.

MU has a solid fan base.
MU, thanks the our great AD, has as good of facilities as any G5 program.
MU has a role within the state, and especially within the media market, that most CUSA, or any G5 including the laughable AAC, members do not have.

That is it. You start with a bad premise, and therefore your argument is faulty.

Until you understand what MU actually is, and what the other CUSA members are, you are never going to understand what a great job our over-achieving AD and wonderful football coach are doing.

Do you tuck them into bed at night? Thanks, Coach. Wonderful 8-4 season. Glad we finished 2nd in our division again. Nobody in the country could do that except you. Charlotte has all that potential, Coach and we came close to beating them. And, Mike let SamC rub some bag balm on you. Your skin looks dry. Thanks for giving this coach all those extensions. Wow. 8 and 4, Mike.

I am so looking forward to the 7-5 record in 2020 and the Bahamas Bowl. Giddy with anticipation. We should all appreciate this achievement.

Do you tuck them into bed at night? Thanks, Coach. Wonderful 8-4 season. Glad we finished 2nd in our division again. Nobody in the country could do that except you. Charlotte has all that potential, Coach and we came close to beating them. And, Mike let SamC rub some bag balm on you. Your skin looks dry. Thanks for giving this coach all those extensions. Wow. 8 and 4, Mike.
Sam... the only person that can argue that Marshall is a top 50(top 10 G5) football program in one post and that we have no advantages over our conference mates in the next. Then he proceeds to list some of our advantages in his post saying we have none.

Sam... the only person that can argue that Marshall is a top 50(top 10 G5) football program in one post and that we have no advantages over our conference mates in the next. Then he proceeds to list some of our advantages in his post saying we have none.
Makes no sense. He just regurgitates the PR from the AD.

8 and 4, Mike.

Nice pointless comeback. Only thing missing? You list of these supposed “advantages”. You never can list them, because they don’t exist. All you have is the circular Marshall is supposed to win because it is Marshall and Marshall is supposed to win. It is USPAM delusional level fandom turned inward and rotten. Put another way, it is the viewpoint of a 10 year old.

Sorry, I can't find a .GIF of me falling out of my chair laughing over the idea that, even though Marshall was knowingly breaking NCAA rules, the program they had where they did it had these really strict rules.

See that? Bolding things for emphasis - that's my deal, not .GIFs. You're thinking Rifle.

giphy.gif

Reactions: herdalicious

Until you understand that winning the conference championship one time and the division another time (after the conference was watered down) in 10 years is not over achieving, you're just a post turtle.

In Doc's best 3 years, he had a winning percentage of 80.5%, while Pruetts winning percentage for his entire 8 years of 1A tenure is 77.5%. Doc's winning percentage since he got "his players in" 2013-present is 67%, and Doc's entire 10 year winning percentage is 61%.

Compared to Pruett, Doc is absolutely under achieving.

Last edited:
Nice pointless comeback. Only thing missing? You list of these supposed “advantages”. You never can list them, because they don’t exist. All you have is the circular Marshall is supposed to win because it is Marshall and Marshall is supposed to win. It is USPAM delusional level fandom turned inward and rotten. Put another way, it is the viewpoint of a 10 year old.
Sam, are you happy with 8-4 and 2nd and 3rd in the division. Because if you can convince me that is all Marshall is capable of, I might just agree with you. Go ahead and convince me why that is successful and I am wrong. I am willing to learn as to why that is successful.

Until you understand that winning the conference championship one time and the division another time (after the conference was watered down) in 10 years is not over achieving, you're just a post turtle.

In Doc's best 3 years, he had a winning percentage of 80.5%, while Pruetts winning percentage for his entire 8 years of 1A tenure is 77.5%. Doc's winning percentage since he got "his players in" 2013-present is 67%.

Compared to Pruett, Doc is absolutely under achieving.
Under achieving compared to Donnan as well. If Doc had to play Snyder's schedules we might be arguing who was actually better between those two(probably closer than people would admit).

Under achieving compared to Donnan as well. If Doc had to play Snyder's schedules we might be arguing who was actually better between those two(probably closer than people would admit).

Yep.

Only 1 present day CUSA team ever won the conference championship for the years 2005 through 2012 (8 years), before the conference was watered down, and that was S. Miss and only the one time.

Because if you can convince me that is all Marshall is capable of, I might just agree with you. Go ahead and convince me why that is successful and I am wrong.

See, you change the question. And again fail to list these “advantages”, because you cannot.

You are the one who spews out all of the “Conf. DOA” and such idiocy. You are the one who spews “lost to Charlotte” and “lost to Old Dominion” and so on. You are the one who spews, as if it were important, how this or that school “was I-AA 12 years ago” and so on. You are the one who spews idiocy about the “watered down” nature of the conf.

Is MU “capable of more than 8-4 and 2nd or 3rd” ? Sure. ONE MAN has achieved that in CUSA. Doc Holiday.

The difference in you and me is I understand what an achievement that was, and you expect it to be automatic. Because I understand what MU is and what CUSA is. And you, and most 10 year olds, expect their team to win because it is their team and that all the other teams stink. It is childish.

Reactions: Tim_N_Montana
See, you change the question. And again fail to list these “advantages”, because you cannot.

You are the one who spews out all of the “Conf. DOA” and such idiocy. You are the one who spews “lost to Charlotte” and “lost to Old Dominion” and so on. You are the one who spews, as if it were important, how this or that school “was I-AA 12 years ago” and so on. You are the one who spews idiocy about the “watered down” nature of the conf.

Is MU “capable of more than 8-4 and 2nd or 3rd” ? Sure. ONE MAN has achieved that in CUSA. Doc Holiday.

The difference in you and me is I understand what an achievement that was, and you expect it to be automatic. Because I understand what MU is and what CUSA is. And you, and most 10 year olds, expect their team to win because it is their team and that all the other teams stink. It is childish.
I am willing to listen as to why this is the best Marshall can do. So, please educate me. Maybe, I have been wrong and this is the best Marshall can do. You should have reasons as to why Marshall reached its potential.

Go ahead. Willing to learn. You seem to be connected or have sources as to why this is actually a good benchmark for Marshall. Maybe I expect too much. Waiting, thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT